Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2773 views

Loading time when entering game sometimes takes longer?

No data yet

Description

Hey. We all know load times in D2R a bit longer than one would expect.

But even so, I was wondering if sometimes when loading into a game (single player at least), it takes a couple of seconds longer than usual?

Assuming you load into the game in 3-4 seconds, does it sometimes take you 6-7 for no apparent reason?

Thanks.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey. We all know load times in D2R a bit longer than one would expect.

But even so, I was wondering if sometimes when loading into a game (single player at least), it takes a couple of seconds longer than usual?

Assuming you load into the game in 3-4 seconds, does it sometimes take you 6-7 for no apparent reason?

Thanks.
I deffo notice a lag in connecting to asia over EU or america's, like a noticable one. (i swap alot for trades so notice the extra 5 or so seconds between the different servers...)

Teebling 5844Admin

Europe PC
There was a post a while back about significantly improving load times in single player by making some simple game file modifications. Can't find it off the top of my head but if you are SP only the load times became almost instantaneous!

The load times on PS4 are terrible, number of times I've died whilst still looking at the bloody door opening. If the controller starts rumbling whilst you're on that screen, start spamming potions!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

EU, CET/DST, playing early morning and evening
I actually notice this most of the time when the DClone is 4/6 and I try to start a game. Always thought it's because more people know about the 4/6 and try to start a game as well?
this was addressed in a Llamma video, but i believe you flick the check box and turn target fps to max?

soimething like this, and not only applies to single helped alot with multi

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Loading into a game isn't solely a local process. Yes, there are things you can do to improve your local load times (massively), as demonstrated in the referenced video.

What also plays into it however is the fact that you have some degree of back and forth with b.net servers as you create/join a game. Any delay from that (be that on your end or blizz's end) won't really be made better by local changes (other than your network infrastructure that is).

That's why you tend to also see significantly longer load times into games when you're connected to a further away region or when the region is hitting peak load (prime time asia walks being a perfect example).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...