Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   646 views

Description

I had gotten off work, 3rd shift, and was playing D2 classic, doing Diablo runs. Someone in game said the US is under attack, watch the news. I turned on the tv and the 1st tower was on fire. Watched the 2nd tower get hit live on tv.

Never Forget.
Description by NightsAnonymous

Can be used to make Runewords:

I had gotten off work, 3rd shift, and was playing D2 classic, doing Diablo runs. Someone in game said the US is under attack, watch the news. I turned on the tv and the 1st tower was on fire. Watched the 2nd tower get hit live on tv.

Never Forget.

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
Goes to show just how old this game really is. And how time flies I suppose...

Was at home playing D2 as well when I (still clueless at that moment, apart from some "weird nonsense surreal chat messages") got a panic'd call, asking if I'd heard anything and if they're ok. My dad, bro and his best friend were actually on vacation at the time and had planned to visit the WTC that morning. Random happenstance had them leaving NYC a day earlier than planned instead though so they actually remained clueless for quite some time as well, resulting in a metric crapton of panic calls reaching me that day before someone finally got a hold of them.
I didn't start playing D2 until 2003, but I'll never forget the day I heard about the WTC attack. I was in high school, heard about it all over the news, turned on the TV and saw the ruins of one of the collapsed towers. I'll definitely never forget. Godspeed America.

Necrarch 1659Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Pretty much same as Halflife, but seen from France in high school, and as I hadn't been in the USA yet was more abstract... and still extremely frightening to realize what terrorism was and how it would change the world's face for at least the next 20 years.

The looping image of the plane crashing in the second tower was terrible, the collapsing even worse.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
First time I heard about it was when I got back to my elementary school.
The atmosphere was oppresive, first time I was confronted to terrorism.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...