Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   2404 views

Description

It's often useful to leave a trade open when you a trading lots of things often. Would be nice if you could complete a transaction but leave it open for more to follow up on.
Or sometimes there are multiple buyers to one post but you're only able to give 1 trust at a time even though you sold 5 to one guy and 1 to another etc etc.

Just a thought.

Can be used to make Runewords:

It's often useful to leave a trade open when you a trading lots of things often. Would be nice if you could complete a transaction but leave it open for more to follow up on.
Or sometimes there are multiple buyers to one post but you're only able to give 1 trust at a time even though you sold 5 to one guy and 1 to another etc etc.

Just a thought.
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Pineohkeyoh wrote: 1 year ago
Aside from multiple listings, I've recently had a few sales disappear before I can get feedback as a seller. Sold... I give feedback, trust, to buyer, but they can't reciprocate, within minutes. Is this the norm, that sales disappear so quickly? It would be nice if they stayed up and marked as sold for a day or so, at least to get trust exchanged and maybe highlight the offer/bid exchange. Not a biggie for me at the moment. Thankful for the site, but my 1 1/2 cents :-)
Trades stay as 'recently sold' for 3 days after being marked sold, after which they are converted into historical price data. If the trade disappears, it means that the seller manually deleted the trade.

In regard to OP's request - it's not possible due to the way the trust mechanic was coded - I did not factor in the possibility of multiple trusts per listing when I wrote this a year ago, and I cannot easily change this without a huge refactoring of the codebase.

What people with listings like this tend to do is ask their buyers to leave a comment/review/thanks message in the topic to show other prospective buyers that the service being offered is legit and worthwhile.
I second this!

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
yes

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
Ah yeah, I think the UI would look like a checkbox on the mark as sold menu that you select so the trade remains active. I wonder how the backend code looks and if could currently support this without a refactor though.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
B

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
This would be incredibly useful for bulk trades like
Perfect Gems
Junk Jewels
, low-runes, essences, etc.

Edit: I would like to add that bulk trades are potentially where trust scores matter the most, because these are the items where people will often "drop" trade instead of using the UI.

exactly.

If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Aside from multiple listings, I've recently had a few sales disappear before I can get feedback as a seller. Sold... I give feedback, trust, to buyer, but they can't reciprocate, within minutes. Is this the norm, that sales disappear so quickly? It would be nice if they stayed up and marked as sold for a day or so, at least to get trust exchanged and maybe highlight the offer/bid exchange. Not a biggie for me at the moment. Thankful for the site, but my 1 1/2 cents :-)

ALL trades are available on PS, or Switch (PS preferred). I'm usually quick to respond. Make me an offer; let's make a deal. Help me help you help me. I keep odd hours. Let's trade right now! Want to?

Teebling 5826Admin

Europe PC
Trades stay as 'recently sold' for 3 days after being marked sold, after which they are converted into historical price data. If the trade disappears, it means that the seller manually deleted the trade.

In regard to OP's request - it's not possible due to the way the trust mechanic was coded - I did not factor in the possibility of multiple trusts per listing when I wrote this a year ago, and I cannot easily change this without a huge refactoring of the codebase.

What people with listings like this tend to do is ask their buyers to leave a comment/review/thanks message in the topic to show other prospective buyers that the service being offered is legit and worthwhile.
This post was marked as the best answer.

I did not delete the trade, at least as far as I know. I simply added buyer info and couldn't get trust back due to topic "not existing. " I can provide screenshot of buyer message.

ALL trades are available on PS, or Switch (PS preferred). I'm usually quick to respond. Make me an offer; let's make a deal. Help me help you help me. I keep odd hours. Let's trade right now! Want to?

Teebling 5826Admin

Europe PC
I did not delete the trade, at least as far as I know. I simply added buyer info and couldn't get trust back due to topic "not existing. " I can provide screenshot of buyer message.
Ah so you were the seller, not the buyer?

Yes

Teebling 5826Admin

Europe PC
Yes
So you entered their name, entered what it sold for, marked the item as sold, then when you were redirected back to the topic it didn't exist? Did all of this happen in one session?

Sorry if these questions are frustrating, I'm trying to narrow down exactly what happened in case this is a bug.

Marked as sold then buyer stated couldn't add trust because the topic was gone. On my end it seemed fine.

Schnorki 3176Moderator

PC
Marked as sold then buyer stated couldn't add trust because the topic was gone. On my end it seemed fine.
Just an idea because I've had a similar conversation before:
How did the buyer try to get to the topic?

If via watchlist or notification then this is indeed odd.

But what I've seen happen for example is that folks say "it is gone now!" because they tried to find it again in their trade search. Naturally though, if you search for active trades, the topic won't be found anymore as it is no longer active, due to having been flagged as sold.
I never needed to add buyer info.
But i absolutely needed the buyer to at least reply to the thread.
Marking sold that way automatically brings up a list of people that replied and i just select the rightful one.

If you like health,
String of Ears
I had something similar happen several days ago. Unfortunately I can't provide better specifics from memory:

1. I sent someone a link to a trade using the trade URL (like /trade/[itemname]-t#######.html) copied from my address bar, and they said the site gave them a page not found error.
Edit: I think they probably got the "The requested topic does not exist." error.

2. Then I tried sending them the post URL of the same listing after clicking the copy URL button on the original/1st post on the same trade's page (like /post#######.html#p#######), and they said it worked.

What Schnorki said probably explains it (and thanks for the insight because this would make sense); I can't remember enough details about the item/trade to confirm for sure. It could just be due to browser caching affecting my perception (as in, I was unintentionally linking a now-stale URL without realizing) - I may have already had the browser tab open a while and not refreshed.

If it would be of any help I can go back through my chat history and find the specific example. However, it sounds like the "trade" URL gets removed once an item is no longer active, and that could explain my scenario and what happened to Pineohkeyoh's buyer.

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
Could be. I think he just used the notification link when trust was added by me for him, and the trade was gone despite not being deleted, but I don't know. Too bad since I gave away the item for free and wanted the trust point, but... could be one of the suggestions above. 🤔 I seem to be getting most of my points since I'm up to 7 now 🙃 so at this point I'm just not going to worry about it and see what happens going forward.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...