Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
41 replies   14309 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Had a lvl 6 req pally Shield with 4os and 41 ar when i did it. Made everything verry easy.

Also alot of bases dont have level req. So there is potential for some high dmg, even IF
Holy Fire
Will be THE big thing.

To end things of. Its almost Always better to go sorc as you can get 3 socket Quest much faster then other classes. (
Teleport
) and with twink Gear nm and hell is Superfast.
OP

Nate 527

Switch
So I managed to also shop a +3
Holy Fire
Mace
from
Akara
! So that’s going in at level 6, I also
Hel
runed the sigons shield, saving 5 points from strength, after act 2 the act 1 merc basically did nothing so next time round imma try an act 2
Prayer
merc for the healing. Then I’ll switch to duel manald heals and socket the
Helm
and armour with skulls to also increase health recovery. The tele staff wasn’t really useful, because you can’t use it until level 24 and by that time your almost already done

nyRo 23

Necromancer Americas PC
Make a 6os
Crystal Sword
with 6x
Tir
runes in it. I had heard it before but man does it make a huge difference; way better than any leech at low levels
OP

Nate 527

Switch
nyRo wrote: 1 year ago
Make a 6os
Crystal Sword
with 6x
Tir
runes in it. I had heard it before but man does it make a huge difference; way better than any leech at low levels
I’m going for an as passive as possible set-up, that way I can just focus on running, the only hard part of the run in this build is the
Chaos Sanctuary
where the monsters can tank a couple hits from the
Holy Fire
before succumbing to the flames. There’s the one guy in the
Chaos Sanctuary
that’s fire immune, but he still goes down at a reasonable rate.

I guess if I wanted I could find an pen socket
Mace
for Steel or Malice I think, but that’s too much shopping time (right now at least).

It’s kinda cool because you don’t need any mana at all, and that’s ok, when (or if) your hitting things the
Holy Fire
does absolutely crazy damage.
If you're gonna do this a lot, I'd recommend watching some speedrunners on youtube; They pretty much made a science of this, so you might learn a trick or two!

Their builds might not be the best for your (as they start from nothing, while you can start with any gear you want), but it can still gives you ideas.
I'm pretty sure that an Assassin would be faster than a Pala.

My choice would be
Wake of Fire
sin +
Dragon Talon
lvl 1 to do bosses +
Burst of Speed
lvl 1 to 5 to go fast (earlier than
Vigor
and it's a buff, not aura).

Just my opinion... in reality numbers could say otherwise.

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
So I managed to also shop a +3
Holy Fire
Mace
from
Akara
! So that’s going in at level 6, I also
Hel
runed the sigons shield, saving 5 points from strength, after act 2 the act 1 merc basically did nothing so next time round imma try an act 2
Prayer
merc for the healing. Then I’ll switch to duel manald heals and socket the
Helm
and armour with skulls to also increase health recovery. The tele staff wasn’t really useful, because you can’t use it until level 24 and by that time your almost already done
if you have a second sigon
Helm
and armor and put those on your merc he gets a big life steal bonus, almost any weapon with your kill speed should keep him alive 99% of time time i bet

OP

Nate 527

Switch
IntSomnium wrote: 1 year ago

My choice would be
Wake of Fire
sin +
Dragon Talon
lvl 1 to do bosses +
Burst of Speed
Vigor

Yea no doubt it’s a good and fast build, but what I really like about the fire pally build is once your done your core leveling at
Tristram
the rest of the game is just running.
Holy Fire
kills everything and passively gives you exp. it’s supper easy. After
Tristram
the only place I need to “actively” play is the
Chaos Sanctuary
. I’m on console so the game play can be a bit more tedious (man I wish we had a mouse/keyboard option that didn’t cost an extra $100) when you have to be constantly casting spells and chugging pots.

But I will try the
Wake of Inferno
Trapsin and see if she changes my mind!
Yea no doubt it’s a good and fast build, but what I really like about the fire pally build is once your done your core leveling at
Tristram
Holy Fire
Tristram
Chaos Sanctuary
. I’m on console so the game play can be a bit more tedious (man I wish we had a mouse/keyboard option that didn’t cost an extra $100) when you have to be constantly casting spells and chugging pots.

But I will try the
Wake of Inferno
Try
Wake of Fire
Wake of Inferno
requires level 24.
You should be at
Larzuk
at this level.

I am up for Fire Trap Sin too.
Holy Fire
is too weak at act 4, I had to swap to hammerdin.

Relax and have fun!
As I remember form the time I leveled my Pala, I actually managed to reach end of the normal with almost only HF - RF combo. Having a +3 HF RF
Scepter
makes it way better. And there's also some sword options giving + fire skills.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Having a +3 HF RF
Scepter
makes it way better.
+3 HF is enough, as bonuses from items are not applied for (most) synergies. Equivalent sword,
Hexfire
, requires lvl 33 - way too high.
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Having a +3 HF RF
Scepter
makes it way better.
+3 HF is enough, as bonuses from items are not applied for (most) synergies. Equivalent sword,
Hexfire
, requires lvl 33 - way too high.
Yes, I just checked it out and there's another sword but it req lvl 22 so best thing to do is finding a HF RF
Scepter

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
IntSomnium wrote: 1 year ago

My choice would be
Wake of Fire
sin +
Dragon Talon
lvl 1 to do bosses +
Burst of Speed
Vigor

Tristram
Holy Fire
Tristram
Chaos Sanctuary

But I will try the
Wake of Inferno
It's been a few months since this thread was active. Could you please share your own observations since you started your "
Larzuk
" project? I'm curious, because just like yourself, I play on Switch, and I want to create a group of socket-ready characters, for I feel like nearing to the time when I need to extensively punch holes in gear and I aspire to optimize this process, given the console controls specificity

Nintendo Switch code SW-5526-1588-0694
OP

Nate 527

Switch
Ok, in the next few days I’ll update with a full step-by step walk through, might be on a whole new thread we’ll see. I had done an update that was 90% complete then my iPad crashed... 😖
OP

Nate 527

Switch
So after playing around with a few different characters I’ve got a few general recommendations.

First big surprise: when going for speed of
Larzuk
quests, getting 2 quests out of the same character is actually more efficient (time-wise) than just doing a single quest in normal and making a new char.

Second big surprise: when your going for max efficiency in run-throughs up to the nightmare quest, all characters less the necro are viable options, speed wise. And there is still an argument for the
Bone Spear
/ce necro.

Why is going up to the nightmare quest faster? Well when your going for speed in normal mode your not really going to get past level 28, but if you did, you’d get access to the level 30 skills and gear, which makes running through nightmare a breeze. Nightmare is what I consider the “funnest” difficulty level - monsters don’t have universal immunities, you can stack some sweet gear, and your skills are more than enough to turn you into a murder machine. While it’ll take me between 2-3 hours to go from level zero to larzuking an item, it’ll usually only take me another hour to get through nightmare. The largest time sinks are
Tristram
leveling in normal and snaking through act 3 normal (gawd that is a sloooow act - I hate the sewers the most), everything else is pretty much easy.

Here’s a quick tier list of character builds:

S tier: sorc (any build bc of tele), Multishot bowazon (5os +3 Amazon bow with p emeralds,skulls, 3os armour &
Helm
with +15 max damage jewels and a backpack full run/walk charms, +40 run/walk
Boots
and Harmony on switch),

A tier: pally (
Holy Fire
normal, then respec to zealot charger with tele staff on switch in nightmare),
Frenzy
barb, Fury and Wind/fire Druid,
Fire trapsin (not s tier bc this char requires the most engagement when playing, the rest are basically autopilot)

B tier:
Bone Spear
ce necro (arguably a tier too, just needs a bit more gear to set-up)

The required universal gear: sigons set, angelic amulet and rings,
Natalya
’s Soul, 6-12 +3 run/walk small charms, Stealth, low level Insight, Harmony, tele staff, stamina potions - I usually buy ~12 before stepping out of the
Rogue Encampment

Each build will need some specific gear to best support them, you’ll usually find them in your first 1-2 run throughs.

Methodology.

Step 1: get to
Tristram
ASAP. You can stack +strength charms it get on sigons set early if desired.
Step 2: power level in
Tristram
to level 18. Turn the players setting to 8 and crush it for a while. Once your level 18 you’ll have enough skills/stats to carry you through the rest of normal.
Step 3: speed your way through to
Larzuk
, only do the minimum quests (I do
Radament
and
Izual
for the skills, but not a hard requirement) you can usually keep the players setting to 8 and just reduce to players 1 for Andy,
Duriel
, act 3 and Chaos.
Step 4: speed through the rest of normal and do a few
Baal
runs to level up a bit, should get to level 30 ish ez and could go to 40 without too much hassle
Step 5: load up on the faster run/walk charms, Harmony, Stealth,
Natalya
’s Soul, tele staff and speed through nightmare adjusting the players level for max speed
Step 6: repeat and profit!

Honestly my new fav build for fast
Larzuk
quests is the bowazon, she’s slower until you can use the faster run/walk charm at level 27, but after that she runs fast, and the max damage set-up with multi-shot is sooo easy to play

For switch players and control set-up I put my main skills on “y” and “Zr” the rest can go wherever is easiest.

Hope this helps! Happy socketing!
So just a point I think needs adding to this. You're using stashed gear right? Like using BIS for your level? Whenever I start a new character I do SSF just because I love normal that way, and it would slow you down sooooo much haha

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
OP

Nate 527

Switch
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
So just a point I think needs adding to this. You're using stashed gear right? Like using BIS for your level? Whenever I start a new character I do SSF just because I love normal that way, and it would slow you down sooooo much haha
Oh yea, my
Larzuk
char has a shared stash’s page worth of gear just for itself, I wanna socket lots of stuff as fast as possible, so the set-up is
Key
So after playing around with a few different characters I’ve got a few general recommendations.

First big surprise: when going for speed of
Larzuk
quests, getting 2 quests out of the same character is actually more efficient (time-wise) than just doing a single quest in normal and making a new char.

Second big surprise: when your going for max efficiency in run-throughs up to the nightmare quest, all characters less the necro are viable options, speed wise. And there is still an argument for the
Bone Spear
/ce necro.

Why is going up to the nightmare quest faster? Well when your going for speed in normal mode your not really going to get past level 28, but if you did, you’d get access to the level 30 skills and gear, which makes running through nightmare a breeze. Nightmare is what I consider the “funnest” difficulty level - monsters don’t have universal immunities, you can stack some sweet gear, and your skills are more than enough to turn you into a murder machine. While it’ll take me between 2-3 hours to go from level zero to larzuking an item, it’ll usually only take me another hour to get through nightmare. The largest time sinks are
Tristram
leveling in normal and snaking through act 3 normal (gawd that is a sloooow act - I hate the sewers the most), everything else is pretty much easy.

Here’s a quick tier list of character builds:

S tier: sorc (any build bc of tele), Multishot bowazon (5os +3 Amazon bow with p emeralds,skulls, 3os armour &
Helm
with +15 max damage jewels and a backpack full run/walk charms, +40 run/walk
Boots
and Harmony on switch),

A tier: pally (
Holy Fire
normal, then respec to zealot charger with tele staff on switch in nightmare),
Frenzy
barb, Fury and Wind/fire Druid,
Fire trapsin (not s tier bc this char requires the most engagement when playing, the rest are basically autopilot)

B tier:
Bone Spear
ce necro (arguably a tier too, just needs a bit more gear to set-up)

The required universal gear: sigons set, angelic amulet and rings,
Natalya
’s Soul, 6-12 +3 run/walk small charms, Stealth, low level Insight, Harmony, tele staff, stamina potions - I usually buy ~12 before stepping out of the
Rogue Encampment

Each build will need some specific gear to best support them, you’ll usually find them in your first 1-2 run throughs.

Methodology.

Step 1: get to
Tristram
ASAP. You can stack +strength charms it get on sigons set early if desired.
Step 2: power level in
Tristram
to level 18. Turn the players setting to 8 and crush it for a while. Once your level 18 you’ll have enough skills/stats to carry you through the rest of normal.
Step 3: speed your way through to
Larzuk
, only do the minimum quests (I do
Radament
and
Izual
for the skills, but not a hard requirement) you can usually keep the players setting to 8 and just reduce to players 1 for Andy,
Duriel
, act 3 and Chaos.
Step 4: speed through the rest of normal and do a few
Baal
runs to level up a bit, should get to level 30 ish ez and could go to 40 without too much hassle
Step 5: load up on the faster run/walk charms, Harmony, Stealth,
Natalya
’s Soul, tele staff and speed through nightmare adjusting the players level for max speed
Step 6: repeat and profit!

Honestly my new fav build for fast
Larzuk
quests is the bowazon, she’s slower until you can use the faster run/walk charm at level 27, but after that she runs fast, and the max damage set-up with multi-shot is sooo easy to play

For switch players and control set-up I put my main skills on “y” and “Zr” the rest can go wherever is easiest.

Hope this helps! Happy socketing!
Thank you for the great read, Nate! Well done! You've inspired me to try Bowazone

Nintendo Switch code SW-5526-1588-0694
Not necessarily on topic, but how do you keep items from disappearing offline? It seems to pick and choose what saves once I quit.

Trade availability is on weekdays for PC/Xbox/Switch
OP

Nate 527

Switch
Satire wrote: 1 year ago
Not necessarily on topic, but how do you keep items from disappearing offline? It seems to pick and choose what saves once I quit.
Whoa is stuff in your stash disappearing between games?

I remember like 15 years ago when I was playing online some stuff would disappear on me, it was always something I traded though, I just assumed they were duped.

Thats why I stuck to console offline, everything I have I found, so it’s all legit. (But I cant even hero edit)

If your stuff was all self found it sounds like you may need to uninstall and re-instal the game?

I’m also like 10 years away from the last time I did anything related to game software stuff, maybe try talking to blizzard?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...