Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   6852 views

Description

Ok, there are 70 runewords, and since 1st season started, 21 is ladder-only now. So i basically can't make any S-tier words like Greif, Fortidude etc. Even Spirit or Insight!
Why? What for?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ok, there are 70 runewords, and since 1st season started, 21 is ladder-only now. So i basically can't make any S-tier words like Greif, Fortidude etc. Even Spirit or Insight!
Why? What for?

All trades\offers are closed within 24H (UTC +3). Make an offer if you can accept delivery in that time.
No PM trading, leave a comment in trade only pls. Pls post a link to trade after adding me in BNet.
This is not true
subaridji wrote: 1 year ago
Why? What for?
you can make all of the previously ladder-exclusive runewords on non-ladder as of D2R. the only runewords you can't make on non-ladder are the new ones added in patch 2.4, which will become available when the current season ends.
That's the point of ladder?

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
To follow up on what @cougar wrote -

All runewords that were ladder-only before D2R are available on non-ladder now. That includes Grief, Fortitude, Spirit and Insight. The
Arreat Summit
website has not been updated with this information however, so if you're using that as reference you need to change website for your D2 info.
Arreat Summit
is still accurate for some stuff, but it's becoming increasingly incorrect as they make more and more changes to D2R.

The only runewords that are ladder-only now are the new 2.4 runewords;

Plague (Swords,
Claws
, Daggers)
Pattern (
Claws
)
Unbending Will (Swords)
Wisdom (Helms)
Obsession (Staffs)
Flickering Flame (Helms)
Mist (Bows, Crossbows)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
cougar wrote: 1 year ago
Why? What for?
you can make all of the previously ladder-exclusive runewords on non-ladder as of D2R. the only runewords you can't make on non-ladder are the new ones added in patch 2.4, which will become available when the current season ends.
So we can craft the new runewords added in 2.4 on non-ladder when ladder ends? That was something I was never sure about.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
Why? What for?
So we can craft the new runewords added in 2.4 on non-ladder when ladder ends? That was something I was never sure about.
That is right

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
Why? What for?
one of the devs said in an interview that this would be the case. i guess it's not an absolute certainty, but it seems very likely.

Europe PC
I wouldn't bet on it. It may just be a case of misinterpretation - these ladder-only runewords, the ones that were created on ladder, will be transferred to non-ladder when ladder ends (along with the other items one has found/made on ladder), and those can be most definitely used (and sold) on non-ladder at that point. That much is certain. Whether we will be able to actually make the new runewords on non-ladder after ladder ends is still uncertain I think. Or has this really been stated clearly yet?

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I wouldn't bet on it. It may just be a case of misinterpretation - these ladder-only runewords, the ones that were created on ladder, will be transferred to non-ladder when ladder ends (along with the other items one has found/made on ladder), and those can be most definitely used (and sold) on non-ladder at that point. That much is certain. Whether we will be able to actually make the new runewords on non-ladder after ladder ends is still uncertain I think. Or has this really been stated clearly yet?

here's the relevant segment of the interview i mentioned. in addition to existing items being transferred over, he does specifically say that we will be able to create the new runewords on non-ladder and single player.

Europe PC
Ah, thank you, that certainly cleared things up for me!

will or can now?

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel

Europe PC
Will, when ladder ends. That should be about 7-8 weeks away still (assuming ladder lasts 4 months).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation