Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   3833 views

Description

When I search through the web, I see a star:
Death's Web
! It is obviously one of the rearest items and absolute power for a Poisonmancer. But I'd like to learn if a Daggermancer fun built or not. And if you think so, what would be the advices for it?

I think
Blackbog's Sharp
is a perfect weapon for the case but does a Daggermancer ever get enough tankiness as a melee char?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Can be used to make Runewords:

When I search through the web, I see a star:
Death's Web
! It is obviously one of the rearest items and absolute power for a Poisonmancer. But I'd like to learn if a Daggermancer fun built or not. And if you think so, what would be the advices for it?

I think
Blackbog's Sharp
is a perfect weapon for the case but does a Daggermancer ever get enough tankiness as a melee char?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
i've never played a
Poison Dagger
necro, but i don't imagine a lack of tankiness would be too much of an issue since you'd preferably be spending minimal time actually in melee range. you do need to be tanky enough to survive getting a hit in, but in the end you'll likely be leaning far more heavily on
Corpse Explosion
to achieve a reasonable clear speed. it also helps that the necromancer has a lot of crowd control tools at his disposal, so sheer facetanking ability shouldn't be a huge concern.
I've never done the build, since I enjoy traditional poisonmancer so much, but it sounds interesting!

On the tankiness topic,
Homunculus
will probably be important for the blocking capabilities and the res, rather than Trangs head. With a
Perfect Diamond
socketed, it'll have a whopping +59% all res. Since it has to many other useful benefits, I'm sure its better than an actual shield. The dex investment to get good block chance with it will also pay off in Attack Rating, which
Poison Dagger
needs.

Cannot be Frozen would be important too, I imagine, and so I wonder if you'd go
Raven Frost
like a regular melee and use Arachnid or go
Trang-Oul's Girth
with other rings. If you're using
Blackbog's Sharp
, the slow from Arachnid wouldn't actually benefit, since it has so much of its own already.

But with that and good minions, tankiness may not be as much of an issue.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
I've never done the build, since I enjoy traditional poisonmancer so much, but it sounds interesting!

On the tankiness topic,
Homunculus
will probably be important for the blocking capabilities and the res, rather than Trangs head. With a
Perfect Diamond
socketed, it'll have a whopping +59% all res. Since it has to many other useful benefits, I'm sure its better than an actual shield. The dex investment to get good block chance with it will also pay off in Attack Rating, which
Poison Dagger
needs.

Raven Frost
Trang-Oul's Girth
Blackbog's Sharp
, the slow from Arachnid wouldn't actually benefit, since it has so much of its own already.

you'd probably want to use trang's head on switch along with
Death's Web
for the enemy poison res reduction.
Trang-Oul's Girth
would definitely be a good option for CBF, and it would also get you
Fire Wall
with the 3-piece set bonus, which might be nice to have.
cougar wrote: 1 year ago

On the tankiness topic,
Homunculus
Perfect Diamond
Poison Dagger
needs.

Raven Frost
Trang-Oul's Girth
Blackbog's Sharp

Death's Web
Trang-Oul's Girth
Fire Wall
I'd be interested in getting confirmation from someone with more mechanical knowledge, but I was under the impression that -enemy res only applies if it is active BEFORE the relevant effect is applied/cast. As in, using
Poison Nova
and then using
Lower Resist
on the poisoned target does not buff the
Poison Nova
, it'll tic its full duration as if the curse was not in effect. It won't be until the next
Nova
that
Lower Resist
applies. Similarly, if you gain -enemy res, say by swapping, after applying poison, it does nothing for that instance of poison. The
Poison Dagger
would tic without benefitting from Web or head. In which case, there's much better things to have on switch. Maybe a White with +3
Corpse Explosion
for +6 overall or something.

Also, I'm using 3 Trangs on my poison necro now, so I'll switch to
Fire Wall
and see if its worth using. I feel like the answer is no but haven't tried it in a long time.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
cougar wrote: 1 year ago

On the tankiness topic,
Homunculus
Perfect Diamond
Poison Dagger
needs.

Raven Frost
Trang-Oul's Girth
Blackbog's Sharp

Death's Web
Trang-Oul's Girth
Fire Wall
I'd be interested in getting confirmation from someone with more mechanical knowledge, but I was under the impression that -enemy res only applies if it is active BEFORE the relevant effect is applied/cast. As in, using
Poison Nova
and then using
Lower Resist
on the poisoned target does not buff the
Poison Nova
, it'll tic its full duration as if the curse was not in effect. It won't be until the next
Nova
that
Lower Resist
applies. Similarly, if you gain -enemy res, say by swapping, after applying poison, it does nothing for that instance of poison. The
Poison Dagger
would tic without benefitting from Web or head. In which case, there's much better things to have on switch. Maybe a White with +3
Corpse Explosion
for +6 overall or something.

Also, I'm using 3 Trangs on my poison necro now, so I'll switch to
Fire Wall
and see if its worth using. I feel like the answer is no but haven't tried it in a long time.
i just checked amazon basin, and it seems that you're correct. i think i had this misconception that it worked that way since
Death's Web
is typically used in a similar manner on
Rabies
druids, but now i realize that it's because
Rabies
continues to proc new instances of poison damage after the initial hit, to which the -res would apply after swapping. so yeah, in this case you could drop the
Death's Web
+ trang's altogether in favor of something else. i wonder if a Dragon + Hand of Justice or dual Dream + Crescent Moon combo would be at all worthwhile?

Asha 345

Sorceress Europe PC
Proper Trang poison combo is gloves+
Belt
+shrunken (CBF+poison dmg+poison red). If you're teleportin - Enigma dress, or Bramble otherwise.
And: try rollin a Plague
Kris
-shape weapon. Very handy for melee, saves you some hard points as well (nn to cast LR yourself). The rest of ur gear comes up to +skills n survivability.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
And as for the Trang's wing, I suppose you can put an
Eld
in it to increase Block chance - If you use full Trang's you can even have the FHR being used to block so no FBR issue.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...