Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   1406 views

Description

hey Guys,

I´m running a
Frenzy
Barb, becuase I´m a scrub and that´s what I played as a kid.
If you check for guides on
Frenzy
Barbs, they all say
Arreat's Face
Highlord's Wrath
, Grief (mainhand), xy (offhand), Fortitude,
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Gore Rider
Laying of Hands
, and two rings with dualleech and CBF. Not to mention the 2x +3 Warcry-weapons for the weapon switch.
I´m "fairly" close to that, missing "only"
Highlord's Wrath
, Fortitude,
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
and an offhand. For now I´m using a rare Amu,
The Gladiator's Bane
(I´m a big fan here!) and a
String of Ears
And I need an offhand. For now I´m using
Schaefer's Hammer
, just for the static, AR-Boost, Lightning-res and because I dont have anything better.

I was thinking about Unbending Will, just because it´s cheap but I doubt it can compete with
Schaefer's Hammer
. You got any other idea´s for my offhand that aren´t too expensive? The next big things are Highlords and Fortitude, so I need something affordable for my offhand.
Description by shrodo

Can be used to make Runewords:

hey Guys,

I´m running a
Frenzy
Barb, becuase I´m a scrub and that´s what I played as a kid.
If you check for guides on
Frenzy
Barbs, they all say
Arreat's Face
Highlord's Wrath
, Grief (mainhand), xy (offhand), Fortitude,
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Gore Rider
Laying of Hands
, and two rings with dualleech and CBF. Not to mention the 2x +3 Warcry-weapons for the weapon switch.
I´m "fairly" close to that, missing "only"
Highlord's Wrath
, Fortitude,
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
and an offhand. For now I´m using a rare Amu,
The Gladiator's Bane
(I´m a big fan here!) and a
String of Ears
And I need an offhand. For now I´m using
Schaefer's Hammer
, just for the static, AR-Boost, Lightning-res and because I dont have anything better.

I was thinking about Unbending Will, just because it´s cheap but I doubt it can compete with
Schaefer's Hammer
. You got any other idea´s for my offhand that aren´t too expensive? The next big things are Highlords and Fortitude, so I need something affordable for my offhand.
Lawbringer is a nice cheap option. Oath is also quite good, though it's a little more on the expensive side.
go for Lawbringer in
Phase Blade
, and i'd stick to
String of Ears
for the
Belt

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
Both Oath and Lawbringer sounds nice, I guess is try both of them.
The downside is Lawbringer has Slain Monsters Rest In Peace so no horking.

Relax and have fun!
OP
Yeah, but I´m running a fair bit of
Nihlathak
anyway and I´m using a
Nature's Peace
and a
Wisp Projector
for now.
For Trav I could always go back to Schaefer´s Hammer if needed.
I use Breath of the Dying as my offhand. Lightsaber,
Azurewrath
or Lawbringer could be fairly cheap substitutes until you get something better. A lot of people like Death also.
According to the results of calculations and tests, the following was determined

Base dps:
Grief/Grief = 76,856
Grief/Death = 71,408
Beast/Death = 57,832

Time to kill
Baal
:
Grief/Grief = 16.40s
Grief/Death = 14.59s
Beast/Death = 15.77s

Any other options will always be unambiguously worse.

Only NON ladder trade

I have some interesting rings and charmes. Please, look at my ring stash (click on this word)
Lawbringer is a great, cheap offhand choice, as others mentioned. I'd also skip Fort and save up for Enigma.
Teleport
> extra damage.

Azurewrath
and
Lightsabre
are other decent, affordable offhands.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Tess wrote: 1 year ago
According to the results of calculations and tests, the following was determined

Base dps:
Grief/Grief = 76,856
Grief/Death = 71,408
Beast/Death = 57,832

Time to kill
Baal
:
Grief/Grief = 16.40s
Grief/Death = 14.59s
Beast/Death = 15.77s

Any other options will always be unambiguously worse.
First off, if you quote me on numbers, you should also include the plethora of disclaimers that were part of those numbers. They're far from the "one and only truth". Plus you should include the background to those numbers. There were no tests, they're based on simple maxroll planner math/numbers.

Second, I would challenge that last sentence. Any other options weren't part of that comparison and may be worse or may be far superior, depending on what you're doing with them.
Schnorki wrote:

First off, if you quote me on numbers, you should also include the plethora of disclaimers that were part of those numbers. They're far from the "one and only truth". Plus you should include the background to those numbers. There were no tests, they're based on simple maxroll planner math/numbers.

Second, I would challenge that last sentence. Any other options weren't part of that comparison and may be worse or may be far superior, depending on what you're doing with them.
In the scientific field, it is customary to believe that the result obtained is the ultimate truth until another result is obtained that would disprove the first one.

So I use your results in good conscience for the simple reason that there is no one yet who can challenge them. If anyone ever tries to challenge your results, then this may be the basis for repeated more thorough studies.

I also argue that any other combinations are obviously worse. And this statement of mine can be considered true (or close to the truth) until someone can prove the opposite.

Only NON ladder trade

I have some interesting rings and charmes. Please, look at my ring stash (click on this word)

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Tess wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote:

In the scientific field, it is customary to believe that the result obtained is the ultimate truth until another result is obtained that would disprove the first one.

So I use your results in good conscience for the simple reason that there is no one yet who can challenge them. If anyone ever tries to challenge your results, then this may be the basis for repeated more thorough studies.

I also argue that any other combinations are obviously worse. And this statement of mine can be considered true (or close to the truth) until someone can prove the opposite.
Not to completely derail this but speaking as an actual trained scientist...good lord that made me cringe.

In an actual, professional scientific field, results obtained are viewed in context of method, variables and so forth (overly simplifying here). No self-respecting scientist would ever go "this one thing once said x = 4 so the solution to any equation looking for x must be 4" (which is basically what you're doing here).

To translate this back to D2:R, with a very easy example of why context and variables are important:
Go play in an area with a bunch of phys immunes. Grief/Grief is gonna suck. Hard. Anything with a decrep proc on the other hand will leave you happily wrecking along. Similarly, even
Azurewrath
will beat the living daylights out of Grief in that scenario.
Context matters. Variables matter.

Simple example #2:
Change nearly any one thing of the loadout i used to get those numbers and they all change (possibly quite significantly). Context matters. Variables matter.

Simple, more applicable, example #3:
If you build out something closer to the gear described by the OP here, then Grief/Grief and Grief/Death both lose in
Baal
kill time (i.e. one of your out-of-context-quotes) to something as silly as a Zod4Ber
Eth
Rune Master
. Context matters. Variables matter.
Add me if you want a free Oath barlog
Blade
to try (req 177 str 75 dex)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Nate 527

Switch
I run Lawbringer on my
Frenzy
barb, great for survivability. But another option to consider (especially if you use axes) is
Gimmershred
, the elemental damage is unparalleled.

If your into maces astreon’s iron
Ward
is pretty good.

For unique swords,
Headstriker
hits pretty hard.

It depends what play style your going for: kill speed, safety, or mf? You can choose one for each
OP
Hey guys,

I´m running with Fortitude and the Oath for aegis200 and the damage
Ist
really great, but hitting with swords just feels nor right, the Hammers I used beforehand had a better feel..

I got another Question now:
I use a Act2 Merc with
Blessed Aim
, because without my chance to hit is just so abysmal (around 60-70%). Do I miss sth. or do I just need to have an inventory full of small AR-Charms?
shrodo wrote: 1 year ago
Hey guys,

I´m running with Fortitude and the Oath for aegis200 and the damage
Ist
really great, but hitting with swords just feels nor right, the Hammers I used beforehand had a better feel..

I got another Question now:
I use a Act2 Merc with
Blessed Aim
, because without my chance to hit is just so abysmal (around 60-70%). Do I miss sth. or do I just need to have an inventory full of small AR-Charms?
For normal pvm 10k attack rating should be enough, get some Steel grand charm with around 120 attack rating each, this will greatly increase your hit chance. I wouldn t waste too many points in dex

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...