20 replies   6788 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2189Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC

well that's a shame
interesting things could be done with a high end cold sorc
Good that they fixed it, however change to fix it with no patch notes, or anything.

Guess I'll respec my blizzard-sorc a bit... maybe.

Stay a while and...
so thats what broke the servers lol
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
WIPLOCK86 wrote: 2 years ago
so thats what broke the servers lol
its a small indie company guys. pls have patience. xD
Saturate wrote: 2 years ago
didn't change anything for me. I started a Blizzard Sorc without even knowing about the
Cold Mastery
Bug. She still pancakes her way through most of the game and Emilio can handle the cold immunes. :D

Emilio is the boss :-D

Stay a while and...

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Saturate wrote: 2 years ago
Good that they fixed it, however change to fix it with no patch notes, or anything.

This drives me nuts. No communication, no patch notes, come on guys.

Good thing I just found a good ethereal weapon for my act 2 merc, he's slapping the cold immunes around for me.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
What's tragic to me is that this was getting any attention to begin with. The damage was abysmal so unless killing a cold immune monster in 30 minutes was an improvement for anyone, it really didn't make a difference.
I tested it on single player with some hacks charms. If you had 99skil point into all skills for blizz synergies and
Cold Mastery
you were able to kill cold immune monsters in pit lvl 1 and 2... It was so overpower guys.

Like you know... These monsters which my bnet
Frozen Orb
/ fire ball sorc is one shotting with
Fireball
xD

How to contact me to do trade?

You have 3 options:
1. From the game type /w Morph#21260 Hi
2. Join to group before trading, you will be removed after trade is completed https://blizzard.com/invite/BZyaxpcPPB
3. Send me your battletag in pm
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Morph21 wrote: 2 years ago
I tested it on single player with some hacks charms. If you had 99skil point into all skills for blizz synergies and
Cold Mastery
you were able to kill cold immune monsters in pit lvl 1 and 2... It was so overpower guys.

Like you know... These monsters which my bnet
Frozen Orb
/ fire ball sorc is one shotting with
Fireball
xD
ya i honestly thought from all the crying and outrage that once i got my
Cold Mastery
high enough i was going to not even need to worry much about most cold immunes. but boooyyy was i wrong. lol. Emilio still did 99% of the damage to cold immunes.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah I was told
Cold Mastery
was going to let me break cold immunes in hell with a blizzard spec. Sure did not seem to be the case.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
by stacking infy, Doom and lvl 40 smth CM you could actually damage almost all mobs in the game, and the damage was acceptable, at least for FORB, P1.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
KrassusD2 wrote: 2 years ago
by stacking infy, Doom and lvl 40 smth CM you could actually damage almost all mobs in the game, and the damage was acceptable, at least for FORB, P1.
some guy did extensive testing on reddit and said ONLY the highest amount of -res was actually piercing immunes. they don't stack. doesn't matter anymore though lol.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
some guy did extensive testing on reddit and said ONLY the highest amount of -res was actually piercing immunes. they don't stack. doesn't matter anymore though lol.
uhm not from what I could tell. you don't need extensive testing, there was 1 simple thing to do. go to a cold imune without infy, see if you damage it. if not, put infy on the merc, try again. mob will still be imune. if you damage it, they stack. if they don't, try again with another mob that maybe has less CR.

but anyway, sad, and you're right, doesn't matter now :(
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
uhm not from what I could tell. you don't need extensive testing, there was 1 simple thing to do. go to a cold imune without infy, see if you damage it. if not, put infy on the merc, try again. mob will still be imune. if you damage it, they stack. if they don't, try again with another mob that maybe has less CR.
Guy talking about it in the comments of the thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... _immunity/

Guy talking about it in the comments of the thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... _immunity/
i think you are misinterpreting "It appears ALL sources of lowering enemy resists can
Pierce
. Basically, instead of just the largest of
Conviction
/LR trying to break, the largest of ANY -res you have seems to try to break. Verified this by putting two cold facets in my armor with 0
Cold Mastery
points and no merc, and could barely scratch cold immune monsters in the
Cold Plains
that had EXACTLY 100% cold resist."

the fact that 2 facets bring the mobs down to 98 res does not mean other sources do not bring them down further.
furthermore, conv/LR DO stack. Whichever is applied first does the -res at 1/5 effectiveness, if the immunity is broken, the other is at full effectiveness (the aura goes first generally, but you can cast LR before the merc comes close) If the immunity is not broken, the the second source comes in at 1/5 effectiveness as well.
-res from all sources (
Cold Mastery
and gear) was added together and considered a third source, only taken into account when the attack actually touched the monster
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
the fact that 2 facets bring the mobs down to 98 res does not mean other sources do not bring them down further.
go battle out the specifics with those guys. i didn't care enough to do testing or research. its irrelevant considering you needed crazy endgame gear to even attempt to test it and its still was underwhelming. lol

go battle out the specifics with those guys. i didn't care enough to do testing or research. its irrelevant considering you needed crazy endgame gear to even attempt to test it and its still was underwhelming. lol
no but it was quite nice really.
at
Baal
the highest CI were the harpies with like 160, and they have low hp, orb did short work of them, and I suspect blizz would have as well.
but you're right, underwhelming for the level of investment, nice for p1, trash for anything else.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
at
Baal
the highest CI were the harpies with like 160, and they have low hp, orb did short work of them
Really, how many Orb casts to kill them? What was your +to skills?

at
Baal
the highest CI were the harpies with like 160, and they have low hp, orb did short work of them
Really, how many Orb casts to kill them? What was your +to skills?
let me share the planner with you, this lil test was done on SP
https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/qq0106k7

I might be missing smth but you get the gist

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...