Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   2463 views

Description

I killed hell Andy and she drop 2 set amulets but they both ended up being Angelic unfortunately. I thought it wasnt possible to roll the same item in the same game.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I killed hell Andy and she drop 2 set amulets but they both ended up being Angelic unfortunately. I thought it wasnt possible to roll the same item in the same game.
Sh1nakuma1 wrote: 1 year ago
I think that rule only applies to uniques!

Deleted User 63530 0

its possible. Many times get dubled set items in one game.
Katonda wrote: 1 year ago
Sh1nakuma1 wrote: 1 year ago
I think that rule only applies to uniques!
and i'm not even sure if all uniques

Zax 2

Barbarian Europe PC
Rule does apply to uniques but you can still drop some unique types multiple times as some have various version. You can for example drop 3 Unique Rings at once from
Andariel
but they will neber be same. So like you can drop Manald+Nagel+Soj, but never two nagels.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Glad there is a consensus about this question, but… No.
Pre LoD this was true for uniques. People used this to get a guaranteed SoJ drop in one game, by ‚cycling’ thru all rings, so it was fixed a looong time ago.
Also what specific unique a drop is, isnt rolled when its dropped, but when the item (the ring i.e.) is identified. So no way to even implement the ‚unique-unique-rule‘.

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
Gunar wrote: 1 year ago
Glad there is a consensus about this question, but… No.
Pre LoD this was true for uniques. People used this to get a guaranteed SoJ drop in one game, by ‚cycling’ thru all rings, so it was fixed a looong time ago.
Also what specific unique a drop is, isnt rolled when its dropped, but when the item (the ring i.e.) is identified. So no way to even implement the ‚unique-unique-rule‘.
Strange, I played and still play a lot, but never have a game in my memories (LoD and D2R extension mode) where I got multiple time the same unique drop (or gamble), anyone here has ?
Would very much like a source that said otherwise, and also about the identification being the moment the rolls (edit : or specific unique, like nagel or manald) are determined.
But for set items, I have already drop multiple time the same one in one game, even thrice, in this ladder. It was very common during ladder start with my friends in normal difficulty...

What Gunar might refering to, was a method used to gamble unique, that would guarantee a SoJ if someone had -in the game- each others uniques rings.
Plus, it was more common to gamble an unique back then, so when this was known, for a few days, a massive amount of SoJ were created, and they were not dupes too.
This is the reason the
Diablo Clone
requires SoJ in the first place: it was an attempt by Blizzard to remove excess SoJ from the market.

Khegan 376

Item drops and their stats are determined on spawn. Identification isn't a factor at all.

As for 'double unique' drops, all I know is that v1.09 supposedly "fixed" this and made it impossible to happen, but there's always conflicting reports if you search around this topic.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Hmm, what you telling me, is, there is a technical (and ergo surely a practical) possibility to secretly identify unidentified items? … That sounds kind of irresponsible from the devs, but you may be right.
I know, I wont trade any UNIDs ever, with this in mind.

To answer the topics question: Guessing 300MF on you in a P1 game, leaves you with a chance about 1:1300 for hell Andy to drop 2 set amus at once (squaring the roughly 1:36 chance for 1 set amu).
Uniques are determined at the time of dropping (if you want a demonstration, you can see it clearly if you use GoMule in single player to transfer an unid unique - the item is determined at drop)

As far as Sets, yes, they can drop as many times as the game wants in a single session - the amount of times I've gotten double Isenhart's armor is to the point of silliness lol.

In regards to the unique ring discussion - yes, they used to be "existence unique" (ie if a unique was in-game, a second couldn't drop) - this was changed, to "drop unique" (ie if a unique has dropped, it cannot drop again until a new game is made). This is why, when I get a unique ring (or any other stacked unique that has an item I want), I'll sometimes just do a full clear of the alvl 85 areas on the off chance that I can get a second to drop (only ever worked like twice for me)

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
Alzorath wrote: 1 year ago
[...] This is why, when I get a unique ring (or any other stacked unique that has an item I want), I'll sometimes just do a full clear of the alvl 85 areas on the off chance that I can get a second to drop (only ever worked like twice for me)
Glad to not be the only one to do that, though it only got me a Manald after a
Dwarf Star
this ladder...
Also, I tend to leave the game if I found a very good unique, to avoid making a failed unique. We did that with my team after finding a
Gull
during ladder start.
In regards to the unique ring discussion - yes, they used to be "existence unique" (ie if a unique was in-game, a second couldn't drop) - this was changed, to "drop unique" (ie if a unique has dropped, it cannot drop again until a new game is made). This is why, when I get a unique ring (or any other stacked unique that has an item I want), I'll sometimes just do a full clear of the alvl 85 areas on the off chance that I can get a second to drop (only ever worked like twice for me)
I do the same, it does help the odds. Other than that, just dropped 2 x Cathan's rings from Andy as well, not sure I've had a double unique drop of the same jewelry though.

Khegan 376

Correct me if I misunderstood what you guys are saying, but your odds of getting a unique of the same item type doesn't improve when one of the items is removed from circulation. The game can still select the same unique that already dropped, but it will produce a rare instead. Of course, you wouldn't be able to tell this occurred with items that lack durability.
I just had two different Set pieces from the same Set drop a couple minutes ago!

Too bad it was two Isenhart's pieces
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Correct me if I misunderstood what you guys are saying, but your odds of getting a unique of the same item type doesn't improve when one of the items is removed from circulation. The game can still select the same unique that already dropped, but it will produce a rare instead. Of course, you wouldn't be able to tell this occurred with items that lack durability.
You can test it to an extent with stuff like Legendary Mallets, Scourges, etc. - but simply put, it determines base, then quality, then if there's not a possible drop of that quality, it will drop the failed version - in the case of double-stacked uniques, if you've dropped one, there is still one 'possible' drop of the unique quality, so it'll select the remaining one.

Khegan 376

You can test it to an extent with stuff like Legendary Mallets, Scourges, etc. - but simply put, it determines base, then quality, then if there's not a possible drop of that quality, it will drop the failed version - in the case of double-stacked uniques, if you've dropped one, there is still one 'possible' drop of the unique quality, so it'll select the remaining one.
Unless something has changed in D2R, this shouldn't be true. Even if one of multiple uniques of the same base type dropped in a game, that item isn't removed from the equation. Your odds of obtaining the remaining unique(s) haven't changed.

From Item Generation Tutorial :
This also happens with Uniques, if the same one is selected to drop more than once in a game. Since it can only drop once, the 2nd, 3rd, etc times it will drop to a 3x durability Rare.
Edit: This all assumes that we consider the possibility of failed unique drops. Let's say, for example, a
Dwarf Star
drops and later on another unique ring drops, then you know that the second ring can't be a
Dwarf Star
, and so your chance of it being an SoJ is greater. If we apply the same hypothetical to Legendary Mallets, Scourges, etc., then we obviously know what the second unique is.

... And I just realized we're discussing two different situations: I was talking about drops before rarity is chosen, and everyone else is talking about after.

Deleted User 632 0

i've had two of the same unique from the same
Mephisto
kill.

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
Udyret wrote: 1 year ago
Mephisto
kill.
Does that was while playing Ressurected or LoD?

Deleted User 632 0

Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
Mephisto
kill.
Does that was while playing Ressurected or LoD?
that was recently while playing resurrected.

Khegan 376

Mephisto
kill.
This sort of thing isn't supposed to ever happen since each drop procedure occurs in sequential order (even within the same frame), so I can only speculate at this point.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...