Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   4620 views

TO warcry hork or magic find hork...that is the question.

No data yet

Description

Greetings,

First time horker builder here, and im wondering about thoughts from the community about horking with
War Cry
weapons out (therefore increasing the chance SOMETHING will drop) but decreasing my MF (616) down to (466% MF) the largest portion of which comes from a 6
Ist
PB.

If I use my W swap HOTO/CTA I hork 51% of the time (compared to 49%) I have one hit wonder skill point in "
Find Item
." AT first glance it would appear 2 percent chances seems small, but over thousands of runs 2 percent adds up considering runes aren't impacted by MF. Is it better to hork over half the bodies increasing the chance for a rune, while also increasing clear speed due to FCR?
Description by jarheads0331

Can be used to make Runewords:

Greetings,

First time horker builder here, and im wondering about thoughts from the community about horking with
War Cry
weapons out (therefore increasing the chance SOMETHING will drop) but decreasing my MF (616) down to (466% MF) the largest portion of which comes from a 6
Ist
PB.

If I use my W swap HOTO/CTA I hork 51% of the time (compared to 49%) I have one hit wonder skill point in "
Find Item
." AT first glance it would appear 2 percent chances seems small, but over thousands of runs 2 percent adds up considering runes aren't impacted by MF. Is it better to hork over half the bodies increasing the chance for a rune, while also increasing clear speed due to FCR?

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER
IMO, the extra points into
Find Item
aren't worth it. if you're looking for runes from your horks, the amount of MF you have is irrelevant.

I'm just finishing up my horker, and I'm using dual Heart Carvers with two points into
Find Item
... gets me to 44% chance (I have a charm). I'm not sure the extra points into hork are worth the
Sacrifice
elsewhere.

On a side note, extra points into
Battle Command
only increase duration, so maybe wasted points there as well.
As someone who primarily runs a
Frenzy
Horker, I love putting my extra points into
Find Item
, and have it up to 33 on weapon swap, for 56% chance. Makes a huge difference after thousands of trav runs. I've horked more
Jah
's than have dropped from a kill.

I'd highly recommend dropping the MF down for extra
Find Item
%.

Also, if you want to go for a "best of both worlds" option, you can shop +3 Warcry crystal or dimensional swords from
Larzuk
, then have him add 1-2 sockets (bit of an expensive gamble, but worth it if you've got the time and extra
Ist
runes), totaling up to +120% MF on swap + 6 Warcries with the two of those. Only negative is lack of FCR, since no more HOTO. But shouldn't be a big deal for Trav, since only a handful of bodies. Never had a desire to use/make a CTA on my Barb since it only gives +1 to
Find Item
and low MF (but recently thinking about rolling one for my Smiter).

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
Frenzy
Find Item
, and have it up to 33 on weapon swap, for 56% chance. Makes a huge difference after thousands of trav runs. I've horked more
Jah

Find Item
%.

Also, if you want to go for a "best of both worlds" option, you can shop +3 Warcry crystal or dimensional swords from
Larzuk
, then have him add 1-2 sockets (bit of an expensive gamble, but worth it if you've got the time and extra
Ist
runes), totaling up to +120% MF on swap + 6 Warcries with the two of those. Only negative is lack of FCR, since no more HOTO. But shouldn't be a big deal for Trav, since only a handful of bodies. Never had a desire to use/make a CTA on my Barb since it only gives +1 to
Find Item
What are your skills like where you have extra points?
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago

What are your skills like where you have extra points?
Instead of maxing out
Double Swing
(for
Frenzy
synergy), I put 16 base points into
Find Item
to hit lvl 33 with weapon swap + gear + charms + buff, which gets me right @ 56% breakpoint. Then any left over points in
Taunt
(currently have 15 base / 32 total @ lvl 95). I don't really notice the missing synergy damage for
Frenzy
if I'm using Grief.

EDIT: Completely different now after 2.4 update. Did a bunch more testing and switched to using maxed
Frenzy
synergies (20
Taunt
&
Double Swing
), 20 points in
Find Potion
(for hidden 20%
Find Item
increase) and only 1 point in
Find Item
(which brings it up to lvl 18 total with weapon swap and everything), which gives me 70%
Find Item
chance total now. Putting less points into
Blade Mastery
and
Battle Orders
, and now only 1 point into
Shout
since it loses the
Berserk
synergy.

I'm a
Berserk
horker. Always mass-hork on swap. The extra cast speed is huge, the lowered mf is not.

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
I am raisin a barb atm - nothing tricky, just ww the mobs, then swap and hork the crap out. Was usin 2 heart carvers on swap - but switched to cta 3-3 + hoto swap combo (1 hard skill pt to
Find Potion
and
Find Item
). Worth it - +7 to prebuff and decent gear, and still have about 47% of successful hork. If I need some mf - I wear topazed IK
Helm
+ IK glove/
Belt
/
Boots
combo along with gheeds. But I mostly hunt exp, bases and runes - so decent halaberd/arreat, gore riders,
Steelrend
and dungo/tg
Belt
is my barb's default outfit. CB is nice add - and he feels pretty much comfortable. Even at low mf, there are some occasional finds - both initial drops and hork-outs. Nothing to regret of, I'd say 🍻
OP
Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
Frenzy
Find Item
Jah

Find Item
%.

Larzuk
Ist
Find Item

Really good idea on the weapon swap with larzuck socketing. I didn't even think of that.

OP
the build I used makes a
Berserk
horker. is there an advantage to being a
Frenzy
one in your opinion zero?

So this is something I have contemplated alot... I do a "frenzerker" that way I can wear Wealth or Fortitude not needing Enigma as
Frenzy
supplies ll/ml/mobility... and honestly 1 pt wonder
Frenzy
is just fine. As for swaps, it is weird to hear item find skill being debated so much as I only ever think of it as you have FCR; MF; Skills; dual hoto is great but you miss the mf so for me I always go back to using
Eth
suicide branches isted - you get a little balance of it all 1 skill, 30 mf, 50 fcr, big mana. My second fav item in the game besides Phoenix! FCR is just so important for horking, especially on cows etc and I SWARE there is a different fcr breakpoint for that skill!! Anyone know !?
jarheads0331 wrote: 2 years ago
the build I used makes a
Berserk
horker. is there an advantage to being a
Frenzy
one in your opinion zero?
To be honest, I haven't tried a
Berserk
horker yet, but am curious how it would compare. The reason I like
Frenzy
is it's more versatile and allows me to run Ubers. Sort of a "do-it-all" build.

EDIT: Tried
Berserk
real quick with an offline hero editor made char, and really don't like how quickly he loses health against Trav. Is there a trick to not losing so much health when he uses
Berserk
? Or do you really have to rely on potions for that build?

I have a half assed gold find barb farming trav and lk exclusively without merc in a reasonable speed, gf is about 1600%ish, mf 300%ish, its a nice balance, I think 600 mf is bit of a waste the return I have by gf and gamble outweighs much more than mf
I've ran both 750mf
Berserk
horker build (aka pitzerker), and now I use
Frenzy
barb with a couple points into
Find Item
and even though I don't find "as much" uniques at 350mf I am clearing stuff a lot faster with Last Wish and max/ar/life small/large/grand charms.

And also being able to run Ubers is nice too. I also have 1 hard point into
Berserk
to kill Physical immunes but I went from 1p
Berserk
to 8p capable
Frenzy
barb.

I do most my MF'ing on summon necro anyway since it's a caster with skellies and I run 860mf cause I can on that toon.

Runes = Barb all day.

General MF = whatever you want to enjoy playing/content you can clear easily.

As for the
Find Item
%, I find 53% or higher is ideal for me to get drops out of most corpses.

At 49 - 51% it's more common I get 0 double loot from the Trav council.
Concentrate
Horker here - almost 700% mf. I use 2
Blade
of Ali Babas socketed with 2
Ist
each, but sometimes I’ll swap one of them out for a
Heart Carver
Heart Carver
is a great item to hork with if you don’t want to put extra points into
Find Item

Personally, I think
Concentrate
is the perfect barb build for clearing Trav - great def and resistances, uninterruptible attacks, can easily reach the IAS breakpoints with the right gear (my barb uses Grief), and best of all it makes use of Shields. This means you can use Rhyme for extra MF, and you can’t be frozen on top of that. The downside (to some) is that the clear speed can be kinda slow, but honestly it’s about the same as a Zerker Horker. The difference is the survivability above all else. Even when the council reduces your resists down with the aura, I find my barb never goes below 3/4 of his life.

Very underrated build in my opinion, but I’ve horked my fair share of HRs and an
Eth
Andy’s from Toorc earlier today. 52-53%
Find Item
makes a big difference, like others have said.

Experiment a bit with different kinds of Hork builds and see what works best for you 👍🏼

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
Concentrate
Horker here - almost 700% mf. I use 2
Blade
of Ali Babas socketed with 2
Ist
each, but sometimes I’ll swap one of them out for a
Heart Carver
Heart Carver
is a great item to hork with if you don’t want to put extra points into
Find Item

Personally, I think
Concentrate
is the perfect barb build for clearing Trav - great def and resistances, uninterruptible attacks, can easily reach the IAS breakpoints with the right gear (my barb uses Grief), and best of all it makes use of Shields. This means you can use Rhyme for extra MF, and you can’t be frozen on top of that. The downside (to some) is that the clear speed can be kinda slow, but honestly it’s about the same as a Zerker Horker. The difference is the survivability above all else. Even when the council reduces your resists down with the aura, I find my barb never goes below 3/4 of his life.

Very underrated build in my opinion, but I’ve horked my fair share of HRs and an
Eth
Andy’s from Toorc earlier today. 52-53%
Find Item
makes a big difference, like others have said.

Experiment a bit with different kinds of Hork builds and see what works best for you 👍🏼
This

As a
Berserk
barb I run Grief and Rhyme shield, for the block chance, plus MF, and cannot be frozen. The counsel is mostly fire and lightning damage, so with high enough resists you start to survive easier. Add some absorb of fire/light and the counsel will start to actually heal you. They do have some physical and cold damage, so don't neglect the cold res. With
Laying of Hands
they die too fast for my drop in defense to even matter most times. Sometimes even one hitting the minions and occasionally the named mobs.

As for MF, I sit around 350, with 44% Item Find. Any extra attempt at another drop is better than none.
Even if you switch to a lower MF, you still got 2 instead of 1 attempt at a drop.
That is why I only use my Barb for Travical. It feels like a waste otherwise.

Selling Torch runs.
Your
3x3 Keyset
. 1
Key
for me.
Message me for availability.
Uber Diablo
help offered at no
Charge

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation