Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1675 views

Description

Have had a lot of fun with D2 since release...

Love the end game play. It's awesome to have a goal, work towards it while having fun, achieve it and then get to enjoy it for a bit.

My first main goal was to finish game on Hell, then get a full Tals set for my sorc, then an uber runner, then Infinity, then Enigma. All achieved at my own pace thanks largely to this awesome site / community.

My goal since then has been to play as
Werebear
sorc.

It was going to be awesome- 50k+ damage of mixed fire and lightning so minimal immunity problems... heaps of life so tanky and importantly a 5 frame attack speed so 5 attacks per second! Can even do ubers which was gonna be awesome!

I've accumulated Infinity, Enigma, Dual dreams and now have probably 25-30
Ist
of value so quite close to the last expensive piece of the puzzle - a Beast
Double Axe

So close and now gutted to have just read that with 2.4 blizzard are changing the way ias is calculated for
Werebear
. Basically this will limit attack speed to 10 frames - halving the melee damage output of the build. Basically killing the viability/ usefullness of this 6-7
Ber
/
Jah
build. I dont think I'll ever get to play the fully powered wearbear sorc I dreamed of...

So gutted after working towards this goal for so long. May just be the end of the D2R experience for me...

Can be used to make Runewords:

Love the end game play. It's awesome to have a goal, work towards it while having fun, achieve it and then get to enjoy it for a bit.

My first main goal was to finish game on Hell, then get a full Tals set for my sorc, then an uber runner, then Infinity, then Enigma. All achieved at my own pace thanks largely to this awesome site / community.

Werebear
sorc.

It was going to be awesome- 50k+ damage of mixed fire and lightning so minimal immunity problems... heaps of life so tanky and importantly a 5 frame attack speed so 5 attacks per second! Can even do ubers which was gonna be awesome!

Ist
Double Axe

So close and now gutted to have just read that with 2.4 blizzard are changing the way ias is calculated for
Werebear
. Basically this will limit attack speed to 10 frames - halving the melee damage output of the build. Basically killing the viability/ usefullness of this 6-7
Ber
/
Jah
build. I dont think I'll ever get to play the fully powered wearbear sorc I dreamed of...

So gutted after working towards this goal for so long. May just be the end of the D2R experience for me...
Don't despair until you try it after patch. At the very least they gave it more damage and uninterruptible attack, might still work?

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
While some builds will be a tad different, we are getting A TON of new viable builds for every single class. Plenty to be happy about still.

There's also a ton of builds you can use Dual Dreams, Enigma, Infinity and Beast for. So it's not like you "wasted" any time gathering them. The
Werebear
sorc is also extremely slow at killing since the vast majority of damage is single target.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I always wanted to play a bear sorc one day. Why does blizzard keep crapping on IAS builds?

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
At this point you might as well go without the Beast/Bear and go with Passion as a Tesladin clone. With Call To Arms on switch.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
RMac85 wrote: 2 years ago

Werebear
sorc.

Ist
Double Axe

Werebear
Ber
/
Jah

considered to use Beast in switch gear and play with Passion in main hand and go for
Zeal
sorc instead of bear ? gearwise its almost identicly

Stay a while and listen
OP
Hey thanks for replies, yeah have tried
Zeal
dual Dream enchantress and it is fun. But specifically not a bear haha.

As to how they've balanced the IAS changes, it looks like you'll largely need high levels of wearbear for that damage to really kick in- which wearbear sorc does not get. Her strength comes from the fire and lightning damage added to attack which isnt related to physical damage anyway...

They've also added IAS to
Maul
which again is not included on Beast and so
Werebear
sorc misses out...

Have possibly found someone to trade for a Beast so hopefully that comes off and I can play a lttile and at least take on the ubers before they patch. Fingers crossed...

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Lame. I've already played loads of double-Dream
Zeal
sorc, and was looking forward to trying out bear sorc this time. I want more ways to play the sorc wrong with silly melee builds.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
OP
Wohoo!

I completed My Dream of slaying the Ubers with a sorceress- in bear form! Took me 3 tries - my Smiter had to come to the rescue a couple of times. Turns out
Mephisto
is immune to lightning damage (even with merc's Infinity) and doesn't seem that affected by 15k fire damage either so had to switch out kit for Guillams and gore riders to get the crushing blow in for him - and then switch back for
Baal
and Diablo. But hey, got there in the end.

Wasn't anywhere near as effective or easy as a smiter. But was freakin awesome anyway and was definitely my funnest accomplishments in D2. Also managed to find a
Sur
while hunting in Chaos for Rejuv potions so that was a nice little bonus.

And looks like I got there just in time before 2.4 rolls out. Though @worstd2playerever may be right, the uninterruptable attack might be a decent bonus so this may still be possible with a different setup in 2.4 - may keep playing long enough to try it out...

Feeling very satisfied. Might take at least a few days off D2 now. Thanks to everyone that's ever traded with me or given me advice in these forums.
man I don't know what you are talking about... they fixed the bear, so now with sorc dishing out 65k dmg compared to like 12k on paladin, this is insane. bearzon for dueling too wow
edit: I also always fell back on using this for killing dclone on my paladin... it was too good.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...