make stash visible to account owner even when hide stash option is On
add an option to hide post history

and please remove private messaging to make trade sniping harder
Description by Voyager

Can be used to make Runewords:

make stash visible to account owner even when hide stash option is On
add an option to hide post history

and please remove private messaging to make trade sniping harder
Private messages have more positives than negatives.

I disagree with this feedback. (Regarding PMs)
OP
Ironembraced wrote: 2 years ago
Private messages have more positives than negatives.

I disagree with this feedback. (Regarding PMs)
what positives does it have?
Voyager wrote: 2 years ago
This isn't just a trade site, this is a growing community of players.

Communication is paramount to a healthy community.
OP
This isn't just a trade site, this is a growing community of players.

Communication is paramount to a healthy community.
This is mainly trading site and removing PM doesn't remove the ability to communicate
I've had plenty of trades sniped from me over the past 3 months. Is it annoying? Sure... but it's really not a big problem.

The vast majority of sellers are honorable players that will uphold agreed upon deals etc, and also a large portion of sellers on this site dislike selling via PM.

In other words, the system has been working great as-is. It should be up to each individual seller to decide to sell via PM or not.

Individual freedom is much better than gimping the system. This is by far the best designed trading site on the web.
OP
"The vast majority of sellers are honorable players that will uphold agreed upon deals etc, and also large portion of sellers on this site dislike selling via PM."
did you pull that out of thin air? my trade experience says otherwise
it's not working that well and removing PM would promote healthy and fair competitive bidding
"The vast majority of sellers are honorable players that will uphold agreed upon deals etc, and also large portion of sellers on this site dislike selling via PM."
did you pull that statistics out of thin air
I pulled that from my experience of trading on this site, which is nearly 10 times more volume.

That means I have dealt with 10x the buyers and sellers that you have over the past 3 months

FWIW.
OP
did you pull that statistics out of thin air
I pulled that from my experience of trading on this site, which is nearly 10 times more volume.

That means I have dealt with 10x the buyers and sellers that you have over the past 3 months

FWIW.
trading a lot is not something to brag about
what I figure out is people with high (trust score) / (duration of membership) are not honorable people
instead they are trade tycoons aka flippers and snipers

trade feedback system of this site is designed wrong
I've never had a rude trade from this site, nor someone try to scam me or pull some shenanigans. So I'm going to disagree with you on that part. If you're going to be as critical as you are being, at least propose a change or solution. You're basically just complaining which isn't particularly helpful to anyone.
OP
worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago
I've never had a rude trade from this site, nor someone try to scam me or pull some shenanigans. So I'm going to disagree with you on that part. If you're going to be as critical as you are being, at least propose a change or solution. You're basically just complaining which isn't particularly helpful to anyone.
did you even read what I wrote?
Trade snipping via pm msging? Is that when someone looks at a post, see some offers that were made to the OP item in question and decides he/she wants that offer and pm that particular offerer?

If so i am guilty of that sometimes :) , after all, i dont see anything wrong with that… it is better than thread hijacking, which i see alot off…

By removing pm, u r limiting a method of communication… 2 options are better than one…

Its not like the offerer is being forced to sell it to person who pm him…

Fyi, ive had thr OP sellers sold his items to ppl via pm many times and to me that is ok…

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
OP
d2rppa69 wrote: 2 years ago
Trade snipping via pm msging? Is that when someone looks at a post, see some offers that were made to the OP item in question and decides he/she wants that offer and pm that particular offerer?

If so i am guilty of that sometimes :) , after all, i dont see anything wrong with that… it is better than thread hijacking, which i see alot off…

By removing pm, u r limiting a method of communication… 2 options are better than one…

Fyi, ive had thr OP sellers sold his items to ppl via pm many times and to me that is ok…
you can post your offer on the trade directly.
that way the trade get's a bump and get other people's attention.
more people will be bidding and they will be able to see others offers so they can make better offers

it's called
fair and healthy competitive bidding
instead of sneaky bidding

that way the trade get's bump and get other people's attention so others will be also bidding on it and see others offers to make better offers
I do get ur point . It just strange that some ppl prefer to pm to discuss offers etc… ultimately, imho, removing the pm method does more harm than good as some people sometimes want to pm a user to and ask questions. U not suggesting the questions to be asked in the trade thread ? That would be called post spamming…
Ei- if 4 ppl r viewing that post and all have questions regarding the item, and if they cant pm the user to ask questions, dont u think it is silly and post spamming for them to continuosly bumping up the same post due to them asking questions. For that example, pm would make alot of sense.

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
OP

that way the trade get's bump and get other people's attention so others will be also bidding on it and see others offers to make better offers
I do get ur point . It just strange that some ppl prefer to pm to discuss offers etc… ultimately, imho, removing the pm method does more harm than good as some people sometimes want to pm a user to and ask questions. U not suggesting the questions to be asked in the trade thread ? That would be called post spamming…
Ei- if 4 ppl r viewing that post and all have questions regarding the item, and if they cant pm the user to ask questions, dont u think it is silly and post spamming for them to continuosly bumping up the same post due to them asking questions. For that example, pm would make alot of sense.
it's better to post it on the trade directly
the trade poster gets a free bump
and everyone else gets more detail information about the trade
Congratulations, you have the Honor of being the only rude person I've dealt with on here. Yes, I read your comments/post. You said the trade feedback system is designed wrong but offered absolutely no ideas of your own on that end. It seems like nobody else agrees with you on your other complaints. It could be because your tone is whiny and childish, or because your ideas are simply not good. Unfortunately you're not going to find out unless you change how you write.
OP
Congratulations, you have the Honor of being the only rude person I've dealt with on here. Yes, I read your comments/post. You said the trade feedback system is designed wrong but offered absolutely no ideas of your own on that end. It seems like nobody else agrees with you on your other complaints. It could be because your tone is whiny and childish, or because your ideas are simply not good. Unfortunately you're not going to find out unless you change how you write.
"You said the trade feedback system is designed wrong but offered absolutely no ideas of your own on that end"

that's not part of my main topic and I can easily offer better way of doing it, but I am perfectionist so, I am going to need more time to come up with better solution on that part

do you mind explaining about how I was rude?

don't you think you are the rude one here?

moot11 120

Americas PC
Voyager your tone has been very rude in almost every post in this thread.
Yes missing out on a trade can be frustrating so if you want it, make a good offer. the trader can always post pm offers in the thread if they want to show everyone to increase the price.

All of the feedback from other users has disagreed with you.

Do you think it's a website problem or a you problem?
OP
moot11 wrote: 2 years ago
Voyager your tone has been very rude in almost every post in this thread.
Yes missing out on a trade can be frustrating so if you want it, make a good offer. the trader can always post pm offers in the thread if they want to show everyone to increase the price.

All of the feedback from other users has disagreed with you.

Do you think it's a website problem or a you problem?
No, my tone is not rude at all
the trader telling people he got better offer through pm is not trustable.
trader would have to post picture of the offer which is quite an extra work
and extra work for the buyer too to look up that pm reputation(rating, trading history)
anyone can lie and tell he/she got better offer through PM or even make a new second account to make it look real

of course most people will be disagreeing with me because it conflicts with their self interest
people who use this site the most are going to be trade tycoons, flippers
since those people use this site the most, they are most likely to see this post and bother to spend time commenting

Droid 12

Druid Europe PC
Yes your tone is rude.

I was reading top to bottom and was so relieved when finally someone pointed it out.

What bothers me is the double standard. You make a statement and dont care to explain, not how you come to think that nor why your proposition would be good. Just a statement.

Example: "remove private messaging to make trade sniping harder"
You don't explain HOW it makes anything harder. You just say so. Also you don't explain WHY sniping SHOULD be harder. No one sees this as a problem at all so you need to explain why it is a problem, not just state it's a problem and require everyone to be on your side.

On the other hand you request explanations from the other people, eg. "what positives does it have? ", someone even explains the positives and then you just dismiss the explanation by saying "This is mainly trading site". No it is not "mainly a trading site" and its sad that you see it like that but thats a YOU problem so I don't care.

But then I see why probably EVERY site is just a trading site for you if you communicate like you do.

Edit: What is a Trade Tycoon btw?? You mean the people here like me (sales: 35), d2rppa69 (sales: 28), worstd2playerever (sales: 17)? These are ALL-TIME counts. Not really big traders here you want to show, right? Ok theres two others with 91 and 59 sales which is a bit more but still not that much considering they are using this site for more than 3 months (1 trade per day...) now. So you're just making wild accusations and overly generalise things to support your statements which is just childish, sorry.

No trading via PM please ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looking for
Perfect Amethyst
too (5 PA =
Lem
)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...