Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   1652 views

Description

Hello,

I was curious... were ghosts designed to purposely not drop anything if they aren't hovering over Ground, or is this considered a long-time bug? What's the intention for this? The same thing happens to me when I kill (Toorc for example) in
Travincal
; if he's pinned up against a corner (where the drops would fall behind him in the building were in) nothing will show up as a drop... I would have figured Blizzard would consider this a problem that would be fixed years ago, but today something happened that just upset me lol. I killed a champion pack of ghosts in Arcane, and heard the soundbite of a rune dropping. Yeah, it was probably trash, but man, why can't the drops load on the floor even if they were killed while hovering away from the floor?

I guess Arcane isn't the best place to farm because of this, it's such a shame because it's great for many reasons as is...

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

I was curious... were ghosts designed to purposely not drop anything if they aren't hovering over Ground, or is this considered a long-time bug? What's the intention for this? The same thing happens to me when I kill (Toorc for example) in
Travincal
; if he's pinned up against a corner (where the drops would fall behind him in the building were in) nothing will show up as a drop... I would have figured Blizzard would consider this a problem that would be fixed years ago, but today something happened that just upset me lol. I killed a champion pack of ghosts in Arcane, and heard the soundbite of a rune dropping. Yeah, it was probably trash, but man, why can't the drops load on the floor even if they were killed while hovering away from the floor?

I guess Arcane isn't the best place to farm because of this, it's such a shame because it's great for many reasons as is...

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
I don't know if this is true because i never invested the time to check, so pardon me. But i remember hearing long ago that if they are clipping certain walls or objects they drop loot but it actually falls out of visible range. so its actually there, just hidden under textures. I remember hearing if you kill andy near the pillars or if you put meph up against the wall similar things could happen. Love to hear someone chime in on this though! i'm curious myself

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
To answer the OP, yes, anytime any mob (usually flying) dies over any impassable surface, such as water textures, cliff edges, or the space void in arcane, the drops don't spawn. It's a royal PITA and that's why whenever I face flyers (usually ghosts or crows), I like to back off and let them fly closer to a 'walkable' tile before killing them. I main a shooty shoot bowzon, so this isn't too big a deal or hassle, but still gets annoying from time to time, depending on the terrain and amount of mobs coming.
This is all from personal experience of mine from D2R and legacy LOD.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation