Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
40 replies   13547 views

How do you guys get those Enigmas and other High-end Runewords?

No data yet

Description

Description by kaikossades

Can be used to make Runewords:

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Sounds promissing. Just started Chaos runs with my blizz sorc too. It's pretty smooth, unless these cold immunes. How do you guys deal with it, just leave them be orwaiting for the merc to kill them... ?

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
Sounds promissing. Just started Chaos runs with my blizz sorc too. It's pretty smooth, unless these cold immunes. How do you guys deal with it, just leave them be orwaiting for the merc to kill them... ?
you either skip them or have your merc kill them if he can do it fast enough. some of the guys are kinda annoying so you gotta keep telestomping them so your merc can get a hit in.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
jbmc wrote: 2 years ago
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
you either skip them or have your merc kill them if he can do it fast enough. some of the guys are kinda annoying so you gotta keep telestomping them so your merc can get a hit in.
Yea, that's what I'm doing right now. Skip if I can or tele stomp. It's time consuming but well... it works after all :D

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Only recently been finding high runes but in the beginning it was all about rushing mules. In 1 hour I could make
Holy Fire
pally lvl1-20 then sell my
Larzuk
Q for an
Ist
and Bump into NM for an
Ist
. So a
Gul
every hour, 2
Vex
(4gul) every 4 hours or 1
Ohm
. 4 hours a day be a
Lo
every 2 days or a
Ber
every 8 not to mention normal game play and drops. Now if I had a friend g rushing we'd
Charge
x2
Ist
for norm NM and he'll rush w bumps. So x6
Ist
each then turn new NM bumps to 40 rinse and repeat. But don't farm a couple areas, walk through the game on hell. Best things I've found have been like that, Death Fathom in countess tower, Deaths Web in sewers,
Vex
in
Black Marsh
and
Arreat Plateau
Lo
from random mob in Durance and
City of the Damned

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
For me it's just farming and trading to get the Enigma. My goal at the start of the game was to get an Enigma. To do so, I built a sorc that could farm fast. I had to get all the gear necessary for a sorc (occy/
Shako
) and start farming. Don't get the most expensive CTA/Storch. I got my 11/14 Storch for a
Vex
and 6/1 CTA for like
Gul
Ist
Pul
. Took about a month of farming to get a
Jah
/
Ber
from cows. I remember I had farmed
Windforce
/CoA/Perf Arachnids/4S Ethresher and used those to outfit my Pally.

After the Enigma was completed, I had to set another goal and that was Infinity. That took about a month or so of farming/trading.

Now the trade off is I didn't have much time to play other classes. So I haven't built a kicksin/windy druid/poison necro. I'll get to them if I had time. I did make a horker and he's like lvl 76 now and rocking a Sin Torch.

If Barb just farm Eldtritch/Shenk/Pindle/Trav and hork.

If Sorc, farm Barb spots (except trav unless you are tanky)/Chaos/Cows/Meph/Andy/Countess/Summoner/Pits/
Ancient Tunnels

If Hammerdin=> farm everywhere except
Ancient Tunnels
Well the Economic change within a Ladder or now couple months after release

Early on you can do good old Blizzard Sorc and do Mephi/Pindle/ and w/e else Runs with 200+MF
You can do a budget Trapsin and Farm Keys and trade them too

What also works is a Cow Java, Full Gear is extremely cheap and can run on 0mf and Minus Resistances
Good for Basehunting and Runes, also even with 0mf some possibly nice Uniques though most are pretty much worthless at this stage

Trav Barb needs 1 Grief to be reliable but the rest is Cheap and is most likely the best Solo Farmer for Runes, Charms etc

If you have a Char that is Lvl93+ you can Craft Caster Amulets by shopping Amulets with the Char(needs lv93 or higher) and hope for good Rolls which can be worth anything between
Vex
to Multiple Bers
Blood Belts, Gloves and even Rings have potential to be good. Just look into what is needed for each to have decent value and what's needed for the Cubing Recipe

Using Trash Pgems to Reroll Baalcharms for good Skillers or MAX/AR/Life Are good way too :D

Other than that all you wanna do is find good deals and make good trades. Even if you make like 1-2
Ist
Profit each time when Buying and Reselling.
Over time while also selling your Selffound Items you will be able to get Better gear soon =)
You can also slowly build up Wealth over time by selling gold or Pgems.

Heard it's like 10M gold (used to be like 2.5M) for an
Ist
. => great for a GF barb

20 Pamethysts for an
Ist

40 Pgems for
Mal

Etc.

Reroll using Pgems, Monarchs for the JMOD 15-16
Ber
shield
+6 Javs with 40IAS
Yea but Rerolling for Jmod or Javas would be a waste. Baalcharms have the best odds afaik
My advice (which will sound cynical but is literally the truest I can give) is play a lot, and kill a lot of stuff. Between D2R launch and mid-Nov., so a few months, I had 2 x
Jah
, 1 x
Ber
, and a 3os Superior
Archon Plate
. All solo on bnet. Probably 30 hours of play time a week. Play a lot and be a little patient, you can solo your way to any runeword.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Sontaine69 wrote: 2 years ago
Yea but Rerolling for Jmod or Javas would be a waste. Baalcharms have the best odds afaik
It's like the lottery. Once you get one you are set. :)

Or they could gamble on rings/circlets.
I think that - much like a real budget in $ - it's all about earning/spending...

The first step, is you have to earn a lot. Run stuff, find runes/currencies/items, and trade stuff.

The second step, is not to spend it.

Say:
kaikossades wrote: 2 years ago
Max rune I got by today is
Sur
, which back in the days I exchanged for a Sorc Torch
I would never ever ever trade a
Sur
rune for a torch, if I struggle for Wealth. If you run ubers, you'll eventually find a sorc torch 'for free', and you saved a
Sur
rune.

Now, for the
Sur
rune you might've got a decent torch, but the different between a good and a bad sorc torch are nearly meaningless.
+10 all stats and +10 all res will not make your character significantly better at farming/not dying.

Any torch you find would be good enough.

Sur
rune is 1/4 the way to Enigma. So basically, you traded 1/4 of an Enigma for a few stat/res, vs waiting to find your own sorc torch.

But other than that, it's just about finding more runes... Run cows, run L85 instances, run trav, etc...
Or if you run keys, you can sell keysets. Sure they take a long time to farm, but Enigma takes a long time to farm for everyone (unless you luck out and find
Jah
/
Ber
).
I got super lucky and farmed Trav with my Hammerdin a ton which resulted in 2
Jah
runes. Traded
Jah
+
Vex
to get a
Ber

Trav has been good to me. Got a
Lo
this week and a
Sur
a few weeks ago. Getting bored of it though and switching up to Chaos runs. Iā€™ve never got a decent rune from Chaos, but I havenā€™t done nearly enough runs though compared to Trav. Iā€™m mainly farming Chaos for better item drops.

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
kaikossades wrote: 2 years ago
I am genuinely curious. Long-story short, I played d2 before beating Normal(and I thought it's the end of the game:). I started d2r maybe a month or two after the release playing casually few hours after work.

Max rune I got by today is
Sur
, which back in the days I exchanged for a Sorc Torch, that was my first experience in trading on this forum. My achievements are a Spirit,
Shako
, Occi, which I later switched to full
Tal Rasha
. Then I made a Smiter with Treachery and can do ubers alone. Currently I am sitting at maybe 10
Ist
max. I only Dream about Fortitude, Call To Arms, Grief and god forbid Enigma, Chains of Honor or Infinity.

At the same time each day I read topics like the one where a Necro-guy complains that he did Enigma in 2 weeks and hates it because he put it into a
Dusk Shroud
and looks like a bum. Like really, 2 weeks man? :) Even if it was a month, how? :)

PS: I do keysets. One is worth like
Ist
to sell and takes hours to grind. Or I can do ubers and get an assassin 10-13 torch and go cry in the corner, doesn't look like a reliable source of getting rich, but what are the others, please share :)
Long story short? šŸ˜
If you get strong enough to run Chaos over and over semi-effectively you can get a character to end game items.

Iā€™ve found
Ohm
Zod
Ber
, Deathā€™s Fathom and countless other valuable items just from Chaos mobs.

I wouldnā€™t bother with
Key
sets tbh.
Running torches is a great way to make Wealth, regardless of what others say. Ya, 5/7 torches may be trash, but those that are sorc/pally that roll well will be worth multiple times what a
Key
set is. Just have to stick with it. Also helps to hork a
Jah
rune.
save up and trade up everything to get Enigma and then the game comes to you.

Everything is a grind until you have it. I cowed non stop till i had one.

Brutal but effective.

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!
Lucky here!
Jah
in cows and
Ber
in Chaos!

My economy is based on keys, ubers and torches

Psn: Stagras
Switch: 7686-5022-6224

Reb 6

Americas PC
I just found 1 great CoA and sold it for 3
Ber
and some assorted other high runes :shrug:

Best I found on my own was an
Ohm

I will say that getting my Enigma kind of killed my desire to farm more, so be careful what you wish for and so on.
Persistence is
Key
! Months of playing every night for 3-4 hours. After my first 2-3 months, I was finally able to make an Enigma. And it was well worth all the time spent!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
TC, ty for making this thread. I'm in the same boat as you, but I have less to complain about, as I only played this game about a month or so after release, but then took a really long break from it. So, in a way, I've only been playing for maybe 4-5 weeks in total.

I'm nowhere close to getting an Infinity. I only play sorc and I just want to get the gear I need to make a pure light immune breaking sorc.

Also, I feel your pain on making that bad trade. The only high rune I've found so far was
Sur
, and I traded it for a 17/17
Annihilus
charm. That was 1/4 of my Infinity *sigh*. No idea what I was thinking.

Also, selling seems... difficult? I feel like I've bought way more than I've sold on this website. Whenever I list something, I see a ton of other sellers listing the same thing, and most of them have no comments/interested buyers.

I do agree that if it starts to feel like a chore or job, take a break. Only play to have fun, cycle your content, and the loot will come (er, maybe). That one
Sur
rune I found was completely out of nowhere and I was just messing about in the Mauseleum, not even farming for HRs in particular.

I might end up playing a lot less of this game for a while (just downloaded Torchlight! Plan on playing TL2 after! Maybe Grim Dawn next...). At least until 2.4 comes out.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...