Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2879 views

Description

I know no one cares, but I wanted to share anyway.

As of now, my Javazon’s nightmare is finally over.

Not Nightmare, of course; that was really easy. Right click once on Nightmare and the whole screen blows up. No, I’m talking about the hell of progressing through Hell on a character that primarily deals lightning damage when everyone and their cousin’s dog is immune to lightning. There's nothing like sprinting through the Spider Jungle,
Far Oasis
, Maggot Lair, Ancient’s Way, and the other high lightning immune zones, dodging Gloam
Bolts
and Misshapen orbs with hordes of
Fetish
, cloud stalkers, and dark lancers on my tail while praying that the next bend has an escape and not a dead end. It made the game feel more like a survival horror than a hack and slash. I even made the mistake of shopping a
Teleport
staff at one point, only to realize that without FCR gear I’d immediately get ganked by everything I couldn’t kill two teleports in. Rip that corpse...

But now,
Baal
is dead, and suddenly this struggling 'zon is going to start effortlessly deleting hordes of cows.

For context, I always play through the game and never get rushed. Some playthroughs are tougher than others. Sometimes that's because the build or character is just rather weak. Javazon is always a funny one for me. I don’t know if I can think of another build that has so much ridiculous endgame power, and yet struggles so much while progressing through the game. Maybe I just don’t know what I’m doing with ‘zons.

To be clear, I'm not looking for advice, just popping in to celebrate something trivial. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tricks for dealing with high immune areas while low level/undergeared though.

Anyway, happy hunting all!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know no one cares, but I wanted to share anyway.

As of now, my Javazon’s nightmare is finally over.

Not Nightmare, of course; that was really easy. Right click once on Nightmare and the whole screen blows up. No, I’m talking about the hell of progressing through Hell on a character that primarily deals lightning damage when everyone and their cousin’s dog is immune to lightning. There's nothing like sprinting through the Spider Jungle,
Far Oasis
, Maggot Lair, Ancient’s Way, and the other high lightning immune zones, dodging Gloam
Bolts
and Misshapen orbs with hordes of
Fetish
, cloud stalkers, and dark lancers on my tail while praying that the next bend has an escape and not a dead end. It made the game feel more like a survival horror than a hack and slash. I even made the mistake of shopping a
Teleport
staff at one point, only to realize that without FCR gear I’d immediately get ganked by everything I couldn’t kill two teleports in. Rip that corpse...

But now,
Baal
is dead, and suddenly this struggling 'zon is going to start effortlessly deleting hordes of cows.

For context, I always play through the game and never get rushed. Some playthroughs are tougher than others. Sometimes that's because the build or character is just rather weak. Javazon is always a funny one for me. I don’t know if I can think of another build that has so much ridiculous endgame power, and yet struggles so much while progressing through the game. Maybe I just don’t know what I’m doing with ‘zons.

To be clear, I'm not looking for advice, just popping in to celebrate something trivial. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tricks for dealing with high immune areas while low level/undergeared though.

Anyway, happy hunting all!

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
...same story if you play trap Assassin or a light sorc...
"Welcome" to the big family of players asking why Blizzard decided, more than 20 years ago, to introduce immunities in the game... ruining almost evey build made untill that point...

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...
...and still... I ask myself why players base didn't upset toward this stupid decision... I know their reasons (from blizz devs)... They said they want more people playing together... good reason but in reality what happened instead?... Everyone knows...

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...
OP
OrcozZio wrote: 2 years ago
...same story if you play trap Assassin or a light sorc...
"Welcome" to the big family of players asking why Blizzard decided, more than 20 years ago, to introduce immunities in the game... ruining almost evey build made untill that point...
The leveling experience and enjoyment thereof are obviously subjective, so I'm not arguing to be right, but I do think Assassin and Light Sorc are different, and I definitely don't think BlizNorth ruined the game with Immunities.

I have no problem skipping monsters. It's kind of interesting to have some really scary and nigh unkillable enemies in a game. It gives areas and monsters uniqueness. When I played Diablo 3, one of the things I disliked most was that the monster models on screen were literally irrelevant. The area design, background, dungeon layout, monster population etc were all flavor only. Everything exploded in < 4 hits, everything took full damage from all my abilities, nothing had a scary power or thing I had to watch out for, only a few elite modifiers were worth even reading, and so on.

In D2, I quite like the shudder of fear that comes when you round a corner and see an elite pack of something you can't kill with nasty modifiers and have to quickly read and escape the situation. And it's cool when you come back later with Infinity, Lower Res
Wand
, etc and then gain the ability to destroy some of these previously unkillable enemies. Being able to defeat something that was previously a brick wall shows power growth much better than "I can now kill this regular trash in 1 hit instead of 2". Especially as a class so powerful as Javazon, having dangerous enemies is intriguing.

I also like that immunities give certain areas flavor for different builds. On my Javazon,
Arcane Sanctuary
was a breeze, but
Spider Forest
was Death incarnate. On my
Frenzy
Barb,
Spider Forest
was trivial, but
Arcane Sanctuary
came down to life or Death uses of
Leap

Light sorc has
Teleport
and gears FCR, which makes skipping areas and enemies pretty easy. Assassin has Dragonflight, which isn't as easy to use, and can totally screw you over if you use it wrong, but can still do the job +
Burst of Speed
/
Fade

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
I don't understand.
people in D2 always brag that javazon is the strongest after hammadin?? so how come you can't survive hell that good?

what do you need to pull it off then???

so much confusion..

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
I don't understand.
people in D2 always brag that javazon is the strongest after hammadin?? so how come you can't survive hell that good?

what do you need to pull it off then???

so much confusion..
Better point distribution/gear

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
DilloniousT wrote: 7 months ago
Better point distribution/gear
or just be in areas without lightning immunes... I'm guessing that's the thing.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
how my lightning javazon survived Hell (esp from Act 3 onwards) was when i respec her to hybrid lightning java and melee
Fend
and
Impale
physical
Spear
build. Tedious but necessary for those "cousin's dog also lightning immunes" (nice one btw lol). And yea... try to get hold of the buttcrack of heavens sunder ;)

But now it's over, i got
Razortail
(which i should have long ago rather than thundergod Fury) that one is leet esp in moo moo farms.
GG

you're putting one hell of a burden on your chars.

I appreciate that there are still people who play the game this way. That being said, I've found endgame Java gear to be very easy and cheap to obtain. It seems like nearly everyone has sunder charms, especially
Crack of the Heavens
, which should make any play-through much easier. If you're playing offline or strictly single-player, that's another matter.
OP
Holy necromancy, why is this thread of mine from a year ago alive again?

To all the recent comments, this was mostly a joke from well before sunders existed on non-ladder. I think it was before sunders existed at all.
AND, I was describing a mostly SSF playthough experience.

Surely there's not anything to actually discuss about it at this point!

Winterkill wrote: 7 months ago
Holy necromancy, why is this thread of mine from a year ago alive again?

To all the recent comments, this was mostly a joke from well before sunders existed on non-ladder. I think it was before sunders existed at all.
AND, I was describing a mostly SSF playthough experience.

Surely there's not anything to actually discuss about it at this point!
Twas me I think, opening my big mouth :p

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...