Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   3412 views

Description

Hi All,

recently got a couple of skiller grand charms (obviously not for my main character), and every then and now got such question in trades created for them: "what is the skin?"
Does it really matter anything how do they look like? I mean, stats rng is a big mess already, what's the point getting them in a "favored" skin?!D

Did I miss something, or what the hell is wrong with these people?
Description by SleepyShaman

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi All,

recently got a couple of skiller grand charms (obviously not for my main character), and every then and now got such question in trades created for them: "what is the skin?"
Does it really matter anything how do they look like? I mean, stats rng is a big mess already, what's the point getting them in a "favored" skin?!D

Add on Bnet for faster checkout -- SleepyShaman#23358
I think some people just want to recognize the charms faster;

With grand charms it doesn't seem as important, but let's say your resistance/life small charms are all 1 skin, and your mf small charms are all another 1 skin, then you can swap "mf" to "survivability" easily without checking them out.

Perhaps some people also just want it for the looks too, but the closer you get to GG the least picky people are, I suspect. With random skiller with no second mod it's easy to be picky because they're everywhere and quite cheap.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
It's the same Principle as color-coordinating your jewels. It makes no difference whatsoever in terms of function. But if you're gonna dish out
Ber
+ for a perfectly rolled charm, it better also look the way you want it to.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
It’s kinda like half the crap my wife does in life. Everything has to look a certain way. It’s like the decorative plates that go underneath the actual dinner plates. It serves no purpose other than to look nice and drive me nuts
Not Charm related but the same topic: skin of the ring.

My personal favourite
Raven Frost
, its colors are corelated to frost etc. I very like it :)
There should be some cube recipe to change the appearance of a jewel/ring/charm, to some other random skin.

It would not break game balance, and it will give an extra dimension to another thing we can get addicted to ;)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
There should be some cube recipe to change the appearance of a jewel/ring/charm, to some other random skin.

It would not break game balance, and it will give an extra dimension to another thing we can get addicted to ;)
Yes please!

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
SleepyShaman wrote: 2 years ago
Hi All,

Cosmetics will always be a thing.
OP
Thanks for the replies, but to me (especially considering reply contents), looks like some people have waaay too much time (or waaaaay too smol brain -- no offense) :D

Add on Bnet for faster checkout -- SleepyShaman#23358
SleepyShaman wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks for the replies, but to me (especially considering reply contents), looks like some people have waaay too much time (or waaaaay too smol brain -- no offense) :D
In defense of the people who value aesthetics, the end-game goals can be as arbitrary as whatever you want them to be. If people want to run 15k
Travincal
runs, or 3k nm andy runs, its up to them.

The flexibility upon completion of the main quests (let be farming/collecting, pvp or your custom goal) is what makes Diablo so robust with time.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
It's a flex and pleasing. There is not much to do in diablo 2 except perfecting your character. At one point when you are starting to get done. You make up things like this to perfect your character further and have something to rest your eyes on that does not give you and headache.
Exactly, once you have everything you need and you're literally just farming and trading in pursuit of perfection, why not be particular about what your inventory looks like? It's all arbitrary anyway.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
This is the reason why the game remains popular after two decades. You can always tune your inventory.
It's always going to matter to someone.

After all, I farmed 2 fucking week for this shit looking enigma.

🤣

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...