Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   3650 views

Description

With 2.4 around the corner I can imagine every light sorc including myself looking at Obsession with bright eyes and drooling mouths chomping at the bit. Now down to the brass tacks: Being it is indestructible with the
Zod
in the rune lineup and my limited knowledge of etheral items my question is this:

Is it imperative to find that Perfect
Eth
base?
Because, my knowledge behind this is that it (
Eth
) really enhances some of the base values. IE def dmg etc etc but being as a casting sorc wouldnt I or we only be looking for the ultimate +1-3 lightning/chain and +1-3
Lightning Mastery
?

Please help me.

Can be used to make Runewords:

With 2.4 around the corner I can imagine every light sorc including myself looking at Obsession with bright eyes and drooling mouths chomping at the bit. Now down to the brass tacks: Being it is indestructible with the
Zod
in the rune lineup and my limited knowledge of etheral items my question is this:

Is it imperative to find that Perfect
Eth
base?
Because, my knowledge behind this is that it (
Eth
) really enhances some of the base values. IE def dmg etc etc but being as a casting sorc wouldnt I or we only be looking for the ultimate +1-3 lightning/chain and +1-3
Lightning Mastery
?

Please help me.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Ethereal on a weapon does 3 things (functionally speaking):

- Increases dmg by 50%: completely irrelevant for a sorc weapon
- Makes it unrepairable: completely irrelevant here as the
Zod
overrides that
- Reduces Str and Dex requirements by 10: Basically irrelevant here as well because staves are already designed for a sorc and come with super low requirements as is. Even the elite (
Archon Staff
) has no Dex req and a Str req of 34 non-
Eth
. So really, it doesn't matter. By the time you can wear the rest of your gear, you certainly won't fall short on Str for the staff.

So thanks to that, the only real reason you might want
Eth
is for style points to get a shiny see-through weapon. That's really all there is to it.
The skill bonus you're looking for (assuming it is a valid combination) you could get on both,
Eth
and non-
Eth

That having been said, if anyone finds an
Archon Staff
with +3
Nova
Thunder Storm
and
Lightning Mastery
...please do let me know. ;)
Not that I have much hope for ever finding a perfect base for this. I remember spending an Eternity, trying to find a perfect White base. And for that, you "just" needed the right base which you could find on multiple different wands. Here, you'll need the base AND then get lucky enough to either have it roll with 5 sockets or cube 5 because
Larzuk
will give you one too many and you're looking at very few possible staves. So basically, on average, you'll find like like..what? 11? ish..perfect White bases by the time you find one of these...i.e. most people will never see one.

Edit: Ignore the part about 5 socks..apparently I can't read and skipped a rune. Turns out it's 6 so
Larzuk
will do just fine.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

Zod
overrides that
- Reduces Str and Dex requirements by 10: Basically irrelevant here as well because staves are already designed for a sorc and come with super low requirements as is. Even the elite (
Archon Staff
Eth
. So really, it doesn't matter. By the time you can wear the rest of your gear, you certainly won't fall short on Str for the staff.

Eth
is for style points to get a shiny see-through weapon. That's really all there is to it.
The skill bonus you're looking for (assuming it is a valid combination) you could get on both,
Eth
and non-
Eth

Archon Staff
with +3
Nova
Thunder Storm
and
Lightning Mastery
Not that I have much hope for ever finding a perfect base for this. I remember spending an Eternity, trying to find a perfect White base. And for that, you "just" needed the right base which you could find on multiple different wands. Here, you'll need the base AND then get lucky enough to either have it roll with 5 sockets or cube 5 because
Larzuk
will give you one too many and you're looking at very few possible staves. So basically, on average, you'll find like like..what? 11? ish..perfect White bases by the time you find one of these...i.e. most people will never see one.

Extremely helpful, useful and educational. Thanks for this and all you do good person. May the RNG(esus) be forever in your favor.

Zod
overrides that
Archon Staff
Eth

Eth
Eth
and non-
Eth

Archon Staff
with +3
Nova
Thunder Storm
and
Lightning Mastery
Larzuk
yes staff bases with nice skill rolls will be worth a ton as they will be super rare. the good news though.... Obsession is
Zod
+
Ist
+
Lem
+
Lum
+
Io
+
Nef
... so 6 sockets.

so if you find a staff with 3 nice +3 modifers, and it is White, you can at least
Larzuk
it.
I wish I got
Eth
on my God rolled White
Wand
. +3 Bonespirit +2
Bone Shield
+2 bonespear

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Chickenhawk wrote: 2 years ago

Zod
overrides that
Archon Staff
Eth

Eth
Eth
and non-
Eth

Archon Staff
with +3
Nova
Thunder Storm
and
Lightning Mastery
Larzuk
yes staff bases with nice skill rolls will be worth a ton as they will be super rare. the good news though.... Obsession is
Zod
+
Ist
+
Lem
+
Lum
+
Io
+
Nef
... so 6 sockets.

so if you find a staff with 3 nice +3 modifers, and it is White, you can at least
Larzuk
it.
Wait..did they just change the runes for that? Or did I really completely misread it? Could've sworn it was 5..hell, I even got annoyed that they didn't leave out hte
Nef
to make it 4 to work with a wider variety of staves!
My bad, apparently..

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
I wish I got
Eth
on my God rolled White
Wand
. +3 Bonespirit +2
Bone Shield
+2 bonespear
I see the irony in my asking this after I just skipped an entire rune myself but..are you sure you read that correctly and/or remember it correctly? Would love to see a screenshot of that
Wand
because based on d2 orig. rules, that should not exist. with a -2 to +1 tier range,
Bone Spirit
and
Bone Shield
should never exist on the same
Wand
. The highest you could get on a
Wand
with
Bone Shield
is
Bone Spear
. No prison and certainly no Spirit.

___
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
I wish I got
Eth
on my God rolled White
Wand
. +3 Bonespirit +2
Bone Shield
+2 bonespear
I see the irony in my asking this after I just skipped an entire rune myself but..are you sure you read that correctly and/or remember it correctly? Would love to see a screenshot of that
Wand
because based on d2 orig. rules, that should not exist. with a -2 to +1 tier range,
Bone Spirit
and
Bone Shield
should never exist on the same
Wand
. The highest you could get on a
Wand
with
Bone Shield
is
Bone Spear
. No prison and certainly no Spirit.

I was wrong, I apologize it is +3 Spirit +2spear the +3bone armor is from White itself and its +3
Revive
. Thank you for pointing that out. My bad. Lol

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
I'm admittedly, both saddened and relieved you're wrong.

Would've always loved the possiblity of a
Teeth
+ Spirit White base. But I can't help but be happy not to have to hunt for that after all. :D

___
There's always perfect
Boneshade
. Not quite the same but still relevant. +2 Spirit +3
Spear
+3 wall +5
Teeth
and +5 armor. Now if I can find a +3/3/3
Poison Nova
Lower Resist
CE if that exists. Lol

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
Oh, I love my p.
Boneshade
. Won't give that up unless the base skill rules do change.

And no, it doesn't exist.
Nova
and Lower Res do work together but CE is one tier too low to be combined with them.
You could get
Summon Resist
on it instead though and at least save on that skill point. After all you need CE anyways to unlock and lvl up your
Nova

___
I like my CE radius large for both my necros. It makes clearing things much faster. My poison necro has about 10 where my summoner has 15 hard points and just obliterate anything on the screen. Minor issue playing on Xbox is you can't Tele stomp and CE makes up for it. But Yeah, that's mostly why I want
Lower Resist
on the
Wand
cause 90% of the time I don't use it. And it will save the point in
Iron Maiden
, blood tap,
Weaken
Decrepify
, and low res. I think besides the flying things in stoney field there are
Skeleton
archers in tamoe Highlands that have large amount of poison that needs curse to drop so I can hurt with
Nova
. But that's what the merc and 1 point in skeletons is for.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
I always just stick with 1 point in CE. Though that still puts it well beyond 20 which is enough to seemingly blow up the entire screen.

Though I did end up playing around with maxed lower res on PTR yesterday just for the hell of it. There's something oddly entertaining about cursing mobs that are still 3 screens away from you.

___
I always just stick with 1 point in CE. Though that still puts it well beyond 20 which is enough to seemingly blow up the entire screen.

Though I did end up playing around with maxed lower res on PTR yesterday just for the hell of it. There's something oddly entertaining about cursing mobs that are still 3 screens away from you.
I remember when
Decrepify
used to work like that. I was messing around with a maxed
Confuse
a couple weeks ago and that was... interesting. Hit all the cows with
Confuse
then a
Poison Nova
. But my poison is so high it wasn't intertaining. Thinking about trying again with Summoner and just make everything but me fight.

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
I do wish
Decrepify
had some sort of area scaling still/again..

___
They patched it around 1.08 in LoD I believe cause it used to be same area as amp and reduce damage by 33% to. I remember it was around the time class set items came out. Like
Tal
rashes, IK, trangs.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation