Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
78 replies   47628 views

D2R Patch 2.4 PTR Goes Live on 1/25 (Patch Notes Included)

No data yet

Description

Description by Daeblana

Can be used to make Runewords:

Omigosh, so excited, feel like a 4 yr old waiting for Santy Claus! Love you guys!!
Blizzard wrote:
Changed how attack speed is determined while transformed as a
Werewolf
. Attack speeds while transformed should match attack speeds while untransformed (enhanced by the
Werewolf
's increased attack speed).
I wonder if that Werewolves will cease only receive IAS from the weapon slot.

Excited for
Enchant
and
Static Field
on Act 3 Mercs!
Blizzard wrote:
Bul-Kathos' Children
  • Increased +20 Fire Damage to +200 Fire Damage (Full Set)
    Increased +25 Defense to +200 Defense (Full Set)
    Added 10% Life Stolen Per Hit (Full Set)
    Added +20% Deadly Strike (Full Set)
I've always loved this set. Good to see it being buffed.

Still overall i think none of the set buffs are enough to make them more used (maybe save for Arctic Gear through normal due to dmg scaling with level).
Even considering the new (and very welcome!) set item recipes
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
Added
Enchant
- Now the Iron Wolf will cast
Enchant
on himself, the player, and nearby allies. i remember i made a posts on reddit asking for this exact change and other merc changes like
Battle Cry
on a5 merc. love these changes.
I wonder if this will work with summons too, it will make druid but especially necro very stronk
Holding out hope that sometime soon we'll see
Griswold
's set buffed in terms of damage output.
Daeblana wrote: 2 years ago
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
They only have 7 runewords confirmed here:
there better be 15+ when the patch drops. 7 would suck balls if that was it. and wheres the info on Wisdom?
Yeah I was hoping for more too. There's a disclaimer that this isn't all final so who knows, maybe some surprises in store. Still exciting to be getting massive balance changes and new content for my favorite game of all time. Here's your Wisdom info from the patch notes.
This may be all the new ones for now, but I recall them saying on the developer stream with MrLlama that they would bring out a few new ones each new ladder season.

Bisu 369

PC
"Now the Iron Wolf will cast
Enchant
on himself, the player, and nearby allies"

This might be quite helpful at lower levels
seanbizon wrote: 2 years ago
So, beside few listed niche locations, i still can't find any info of increasing monsters power. Chars are gonna be stronger, mercs too, if the monsters won't be adjusted, it seems ike the game will be too easy, and it's already too easy for OP Paladin and Sorc...im confused. Was there any info about it during live Q&A sessions etc?
Monsters got buffed indirectly, by increasing area lvl. Monsters (and their drops) scale with that level.
But true, they could have implemented more substantial buffs.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
seanbizon wrote: 2 years ago
So, beside few listed niche locations, i still can't find any info of increasing monsters power. Chars are gonna be stronger, mercs too, if the monsters won't be adjusted, it seems ike the game will be too easy, and it's already too easy for OP Paladin and Sorc...im confused. Was there any info about it during live Q&A sessions etc?
The game is plenty difficult. They are increasing other builds power, not amplifying the already OP ones. They are just adding more build diversity so you donā€™t have to pick the sorc or hammerdin to feel like you can handle Hell.

Deleted User 632 0

worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago
I wonder if this will work with summons too, it will make druid but especially necro very stronk
Probably. but i don't think it will be that strong at lower skill level.
Enchant
starts with only 8ā€“10 fire damage and 20% attack rating at lvl 1. Might merc with Infinity runeword will probably still be best for end game necro summoner.

Flickering Flame is going to be great for
Enchant
too.

Deleted User 632 0

Blizzard wrote:
PezRadar Community Manager
This is only because we donā€™t have it in PTR but expect the changes for
Uber Diablo
events to appear with 2.4. The changes that are coming will make it a global event as opposed to IP based. We will have more info on this later.
response to this post No changes to Diablo Clone listed in 2.4 patch notes

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
The game is plenty difficult. They are increasing other builds power, not amplifying the already OP ones. They are just adding more build diversity so you donā€™t have to pick the sorc or hammerdin to feel like you can handle Hell.
I feel it differently, i don't like Hammerdin and meta Sorc because it takes the danger out of hell. I played a Plaquezone with
Jab
as first character and even with affordable equip like
Arioc's Needle
Titan's Revenge
, Spirit, Smoke and
Raven Frost
you get so powerful that i stopped to fear most enemies in hell. If most classes get at that level of Hammerdin then i fear D2 becomes boring for me.

I like that they want to create more diversity and i like most of the changes but i dislike that the general powerlevel increases and i have to use self imposed rules to keep the challenge level high.

Or it is finally the last call to drop softcore and only play hardcore.
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
Or it is finally the last call to drop softcore and only play hardcore.
This 100% is what you should be doing. There is no fear in softcore.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
because it takes the danger out of hell.
as Selexin said, if you want "fear" then play Hardcore. All they are doing is giving us exactly what the playerbase has wanted for decades, more builds that can handle Hell for every class. They aren't making every build and every class as powerful as the hammerdin or blizz sorc, they'll just be a lot more useful and won't seem like they are completely gimped in comparison. I have zero doubts The hammerdin and Sorc builds will still be the top.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
because it takes the danger out of hell.
as Selexin said, if you want "fear" then play Hardcore. All they are doing is giving us exactly what the playerbase has wanted for decades, more builds that can handle Hell for every class. They aren't making every build and every class as powerful as the hammerdin or blizz sorc, they'll just be a lot more useful and won't seem like they are completely gimped in comparison. I have zero doubts The hammerdin and Sorc builds will still be the top.
I don't want "fear" per se but i want challenge and fear of loosing a character impose a challenge and that is why i consider it. Permadeath is just not my favorite measure to impose challenge. After getting through hell with my amazon after so many years not playing, i felt it was a little too easy and felt very viable to clear hell. I don't think the problem is, that only Hammerdin and Sorc feel viable to handle Hell, it is just that Hammerdin and Sorc feel much more viable then other classes and that is a problem in multiplayer, the other classes loses the damage race and feel like a bystander.

I like that they want to create more diversity but i dislike it a little that is only by powercreep. Yeah, Hammerdin and Sorc probably will still be on top and thats why in my eyes, i would like to see some nerfs to Hammerdin and Sorc too but i played online games long enough that this will not happen because people dislike to get stripped of their BFGs and start a shitstorm. Merc bug is such an example, i love that they got rid of it but there are many that see it totally different.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Sure If you only play established S Tier builds the game becomes easy and boring fast but that's not the only way to play the game.
Can't wait to try the new lvl85 areas and assassin martial art buffs. I wonder about amazon, it looks like she will be in a very nice place.

Deleted User 632 0

Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
Sure If you only play established S Tier builds the game becomes easy and boring fast but that's not the only way to play the game.
Can't wait to try the new lvl85 areas and assassin martial art buffs. I wonder about amazon, it looks like she will be in a very nice place.
there is also the problem for us who want to enjoy multiplayer playthrough. that is when you don't play the s tier builds, you kinda stand around leeching on / looking at those in your party who do play the stronger build.
so, unless you want to be carried in party play you kinda have to play the strong character builds to keep up.

Ore 1

Sorceress Europe XLinux
They are turning the Dclone into an even more stupid event. It is not going to make it easier to get an Anni. It is going to literally remove the only reason you'd sell a SoJ to the merchants, a return for your investment.
OP
Ore wrote: 2 years ago
They are turning the Dclone into an even more stupid event. It is not going to make it easier to get an Anni. It is going to literally remove the only reason you'd sell a SoJ to the merchants, a return for your investment.
The current DClone spawning parameters were built for an SOJ duping issue that doesn't currently exist in D2R. I'm all for a change to the archaic IP based approach that probably 95% of the player base has no clue how it works.

Ore 1

Sorceress Europe XLinux
The current DClone spawning parameters were built for an SOJ duping issue that doesn't currently exist in D2R. I'm all for a change to the archaic IP based approach that probably 95% of the player base has no clue how it works.
Making players leave their clients open just in case a Dclone spawns making it as retarded as the crypto bros or the Black Desert Online rewards system.

They are not fixing it, they are making it worse if the only change is making it server global.
OP
Making players leave their clients open just in case a Dclone spawns making it as retarded as the crypto bros or the Black Desert Online rewards system.

They are not fixing it, they are making it worse if the only change is making it server global.
If they are just making it global but it mechanically works the same, then I don't disagree with you. But the way I read that Blizzard response a few posts up was it's going to be a global event and there are going to be more changes to how it works that will come later. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...