Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   653 views
2

Description

Has anyome done this ? Is this a viable rune farmer since mf doesnt effect rune drops essentially being a much slower walking seal pop ? Possibly even thinking about a summoner necro.
Description by Cinomed541
5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
Has anyome done this ? Is this a viable rune farmer since mf doesnt effect rune drops essentially being a much slower walking seal pop ? Possibly even thinking about a summoner necro.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
Not entirely certain I understood the second half of that second sentence correctly but if I did:
That's not gonna work.
Seal pops are time sensitive. You only have seconds from activating the front mobs to popping the seal. If you're slowly crawling along, then by the time you hit the seal, all but the last few mobs will have deactivated again and won't be popped for loot.

As for the runes, it makes 0 difference. MF doesn't increase the odds of finding runes but - and this is the important bit here - it also doesn't decrease the odds. Runes are an entirely separate box. It also does not affect the quality/level of the rune if you do find one. As such, if you're hunting for runes, all MF really does is it increases the chance of dropping some valuable uniques and the like along the way.

All that having been said, you certainly don't need MF if you wanna be a specifically targeted farmer like a rune farmer. Technically, you don't even need it for hunting uniques (though it'd be silly to actively forego it). But running with 0 mf may be harder to accomplish than one thinks, simply because you find at least some of it on so much gear you'd want. Popular examples include War Travs that you might want for the dmg boost or Enigma that you might only want for the run speed and
Teleport
.

The only real reason to actively reduce your MF, solely for the sake of reducing MF, is if you're hunting for bases more than anything because for those, you want them to roll non-magic, meaning MF actually hurts your chances.
7
OP
Yes, I understand that. To clarify the seal pop is used because it removes the mf factor from the drops ( at least my understanding of it) so I want to make an absolute 0 mf character to farm minor things like Countess, Pitts, Cows either with a barb or necro summoner so the magic drops will potentially be minimal and be lowering the item pool hopefully increase chances of dropping more runes. But if thats not the case then that gives me the answer I was looking for, thank you for responding btw.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
Cinomed541 wrote: 4 months ago
so the magic drops will potentially be minimal and be lowering the item pool hopefully increase chances of dropping more runes.
I don't believe that's how it works, MF only affects the quality of items, not the quantity.
7
Cinomed541 wrote: 4 months ago
Yes, I understand that. To clarify the seal pop is used because it removes the mf factor from the drops ( at least my understanding of it) so I want to make an absolute 0 mf character to farm minor things like Countess, Pitts, Cows either with a barb or necro summoner so the magic drops will potentially be minimal and be lowering the item pool hopefully increase chances of dropping more runes. But if thats not the case then that gives me the answer I was looking for, thank you for responding btw.
Correct, that is not the case. You will not get more runes just by dropping your MF. You might indirectly get more runes if you lower your MF for the sake of more offensive stats, leading to faster clear speed and hence more kills in the same time, yielding more drops and then in turn yielding more runes. But that's not because you dropped MF, that's just because you kill faster.

The purpose of a seal pop isn't to remove MF by the way. That's really more of a sad, unwanted side-effect. The point of a seal-pop is to spend 7 seconds teleporting to clear basically all of CS (minus the seal bosses), rather than spend all that time you'd otherwise need, manually killing all of them. It's just a very efficient method to very significantly improve your clear speed, while sacrificing MF to do so (because you knowingly kill them in a way that doesn't apply your MF).
7
OP
Okay, sweet. Not what i was hoping for but at least got a definitive answer. And if thats the case with seal pops thats dumb imo, I find most my good drops in Chaos not from D. I still may mess around on my summoner and find some none mf items and see if I get anything from 50 pitt and 50 hell cow runs, even if I did thatd still just be RNG but sometimes believing it works helps. Like clicking the gem for better mf back in the day. Lol, and its just my group of friends that swear by seal popping for runes best ive ever found doing it that way was a nerf. Killing mobs thought got a 1s CoA just yesterday amongst other things.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
Cinomed541 wrote: 4 months ago
Okay, sweet. Not what i was hoping for but at least got a definitive answer. And if thats the case with seal pops thats dumb imo, I find most my good drops in Chaos not from D. I still may mess around on my summoner and find some none mf items and see if I get anything from 50 pitt and 50 hell cow runs, even if I did thatd still just be RNG but sometimes believing it works helps. Like clicking the gem for better mf back in the day. Lol, and its just my group of friends that swear by seal popping for runes best ive ever found doing it that way was a nerf. Killing mobs thought got a 1s CoA just yesterday amongst other things.
From what I have researched, experienced and seen online from YouTubers and streamers is clear speed seems to have the most benefit on rune drops. In my opinion, that’s why so many clips I’ve seen of javazon and lightning sorceresses with Infinity mercs tend to drop more HRs. And that is because of their high clear speed. The idea is to group up as many mobs as possible and blow them up. A necro with
Corpse Explosion
could also be viable here.
7
Clear speed is the single most important factor in any sort of farming. Doesn't matter if that's runes or uniques or gold or whatever. If it takes you 15 minutes to clear Chaos Sanc (random example) with 600 MF, you'll still never even come close to finding as much as you would in the same amount of time if you clear it in 1-2 minutes with 0 MF. For stuff that doesn't benefit from MF, that difference is obviously amplified. That's why you run cows with a Javazon and not a Summon Druid. Or why you run Chaos Sanc with a Hammerdin or Sorc or whathaveyou and not a bow zon. As soon as the difference becomes in any way significant, speed wins hands down. Gold find is probably the least "time critical" here actually because it doesn't suffer from diminishing returns and you can stack ridiculous amounts of it. Adding a bit of extra time to your council runs because you let your merc do the killing while bumping your gold find well beyond 2.3k actually tends to work out very well.

Mind you, we're talking about "drops per hours/days/weeks/months/..." here, not "how much can I get in 50 runs?". You won't get more in 50 runs, you'll just finish those 50 runs in a fraction of the time, allowing you to do 100+ runs instead.

Also, don't let the fact that you happened to never find anything good from seal popping convince you that it isn't worth it. It is quite possibly the single fastest way to farm any significant amount of mobs (even more so because it tends to include multiple champion packs in the pop). And you still get a ton of solid drops doing it in the long run. Those <20 seconds are more than worth it.
7
OP
Crushnasty wrote: 4 months ago
Cinomed541 wrote: 4 months ago
Okay, sweet. Not what i was hoping for but at least got a definitive answer. And if thats the case with seal pops thats dumb imo, I find most my good drops in Chaos not from D. I still may mess around on my summoner and find some none mf items and see if I get anything from 50 pitt and 50 hell cow runs, even if I did thatd still just be RNG but sometimes believing it works helps. Like clicking the gem for better mf back in the day. Lol, and its just my group of friends that swear by seal popping for runes best ive ever found doing it that way was a nerf. Killing mobs thought got a 1s CoA just yesterday amongst other things.
From what I have researched, experienced and seen online from YouTubers and streamers is clear speed seems to have the most benefit on rune drops. In my opinion, that’s why so many clips I’ve seen of javazon and lightning sorceresses with Infinity mercs tend to drop more HRs. And that is because of their high clear speed. The idea is to group up as many mobs as possible and blow them up. A necro with
Corpse Explosion
could also be viable here.
Yeah, thats normally my main poison necro w CE. I do find quite a bit of runes and crap for items.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
OP
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
Clear speed is the single most important factor in any sort of farming. Doesn't matter if that's runes or uniques or gold or whatever. If it takes you 15 minutes to clear Chaos Sanc (random example) with 600 MF, you'll still never even come close to finding as much as you would in the same amount of time if you clear it in 1-2 minutes with 0 MF. For stuff that doesn't benefit from MF, that difference is obviously amplified. That's why you run cows with a Javazon and not a Summon Druid. Or why you run Chaos Sanc with a Hammerdin or Sorc or whathaveyou and not a bow zon. As soon as the difference becomes in any way significant, speed wins hands down. Gold find is probably the least "time critical" here actually because it doesn't suffer from diminishing returns and you can stack ridiculous amounts of it. Adding a bit of extra time to your council runs because you let your merc do the killing while bumping your gold find well beyond 2.3k actually tends to work out very well.

Mind you, we're talking about "drops per hours/days/weeks/months/..." here, not "how much can I get in 50 runs?". You won't get more in 50 runs, you'll just finish those 50 runs in a fraction of the time, allowing you to do 100+ runs instead.

Also, don't let the fact that you happened to never find anything good from seal popping convince you that it isn't worth it. It is quite possibly the single fastest way to farm any significant amount of mobs (even more so because it tends to include multiple champion packs in the pop). And you still get a ton of solid drops doing it in the long run. Those <20 seconds are more than worth it.
Yeah, I get it. I use my hammerdin for Chaos n baals n stuff. Poison necro i clear countess pitts and cows all 3 in about 7-10mins.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
It is technically possible to seal pop with a barb, provided that you got Enigma, 2 suicide branches and/or wizard spikes, and an expensive barb
Caster Amulet
(105+ FCR in total).
The teleportation frames are just as good as the sorc, but the cost of the gear is bonkers.
Also, since you use melee attacks,
Decrepify
will slow you down massively.

However, it is possible. Suboptimal (you still need some expensive gear) but possible.

Seal poping with blizz sorc is possibly the cheapest option by far.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
7
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 4 months ago
It is technically possible to seal pop with a barb, provided that you got Enigma, 2 suicide branches and/or wizard spikes, and an expensive barb
Caster Amulet
(105+ FCR in total).
The teleportation frames are just as good as the sorc, but the cost of the gear is bonkers.
Also, since you use melee attacks,
Decrepify
will slow you down massively.

However, it is possible. Suboptimal (you still need some expensive gear) but possible.

Seal poping with blizz sorc is possibly the cheapest option by far.
I get that and understand how to seal pop. Was interested in 0mf and killing things not seal popping. Appreciate it though, was thinking of easy areas like Pitts, cows. Ill use hammerdin or necro for Chaos.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
I won't say anything about exactly 0% mf - bc all my hell chars had at least about 40-50 (offline java, and now mine online aldur shifter) - but even low numbers tend to surprise sometimes with occasional drop. For example, i popped up mara25,
Dwarf Star
, ravenfrost ring, 2 loh's, whatever - occasional set/uniques keep jumpin out here and there. Thing is - if you're after mf directly, you have higher expectations, and you sort of "demandin" a good amount of such items - and remain disappointed more often than not. And if you aren't after mf, but prefer just gameplay/coop/xp farm - then occasional drop you weren't expectin surprises you pleasantly.

Also, just yesterday - created a game (offer torch, n runes for it), and went to wsk for one more
Baal
run. 1ppl. And voila - random mob gifted me a
Ber
🥳 Totally unexpected, but much more pleasant bc of that.

So I mean: don't go for mf numbers - go for equip and gameplay you enjoy the most. And then RNG will find some way to reward you, sooner or later. Just play, and don't think about expectations.
7
OP
Asha wrote: 4 months ago
I won't say anything about exactly 0% mf - bc all my hell chars had at least about 40-50 (offline java, and now mine online aldur shifter) - but even low numbers tend to surprise sometimes with occasional drop. For example, i popped up mara25,
Dwarf Star
, ravenfrost ring, 2 loh's, whatever - occasional set/uniques keep jumpin out here and there. Thing is - if you're after mf directly, you have higher expectations, and you sort of "demandin" a good amount of such items - and remain disappointed more often than not. And if you aren't after mf, but prefer just gameplay/coop/xp farm - then occasional drop you weren't expectin surprises you pleasantly.

Also, just yesterday - created a game (offer torch, n runes for it), and went to wsk for one more
Baal
run. 1ppl. And voila - random mob gifted me a
Ber
🥳 Totally unexpected, but much more pleasant bc of that.

So I mean: don't go for mf numbers - go for equip and gameplay you enjoy the most. And then RNG will find some way to reward you, sooner or later. Just play, and don't think about expectations.
Thank you and I still do. I play my poison necro everywhere and still get nice loot. Just tryna think of something different than the same old build you see every day. I still have my hammerdin, smiter, nec summoner, ele druid, etc. Same reason i used a token on my sorc and decided to make her an enchanteress and had fun using guided
Arrows
from
Widowmaker
in some pvp. Just to mess around with and have fun, no expectations.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
Aegis200 wrote: 4 months ago
It is technically possible to seal pop with a barb, provided that you got Enigma, 2 suicide branches and/or wizard spikes, and an expensive barb
Caster Amulet
(105+ FCR in total).
The teleportation frames are just as good as the sorc, but the cost of the gear is bonkers.
Also, since you use melee attacks,
Decrepify
will slow you down massively.

However, it is possible. Suboptimal (you still need some expensive gear) but possible.

Seal poping with blizz sorc is possibly the cheapest option by far.
You don't actually need the 105 to pop all of sanc. The 63 breakpoint is sufficient for that, so long as you know where to turn. And since the imo ideal off-hand combination for a barb (excluding mf switches) is double HOTO, you're set on that front. The only thing extra is Enigma which many a build includes anyways.

(True, CTA+HOTO gives 1 more BO but you do drop 2 to
Shout
for it..)
7
you can farm with a Gheeds and nothing else.
7
Use a 0mf javazon and just farm cows for runes.
7
OP
dilbert383 wrote: 4 months ago
Use a 0mf javazon and just farm cows for runes.
Rather do 0 mf necro and just pop bodies.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
Cinomed541 wrote: 3 months ago
dilbert383 wrote: 4 months ago
Use a 0mf javazon and just farm cows for runes.
Rather do 0 mf necro and just pop bodies.
This works quiet well, I have a summoner necro with 0 mf and CE
So far with casual hours in the game had about 3
Ist
, 2
Gul
, 9
Lem
, 3
Um
, 4
Pul
and some more that I don't know of the top of my head :)
(Would say around like 200 hours maybe)

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
7
OP
CapNCook wrote: 3 months ago
Cinomed541 wrote: 3 months ago
dilbert383 wrote: 4 months ago
Use a 0mf javazon and just farm cows for runes.
Rather do 0 mf necro and just pop bodies.
This works quiet well, I have a summoner necro with 0 mf and CE
So far with casual hours in the game had about 3
Ist
, 2
Gul
, 9
Lem
, 3
Um
, 4
Pul
and some more that I don't know of the top of my head :)
(Would say around like 200 hours maybe)
Its all rng anyways, not like mf is gonna get me a Griffons or CoA from cows. Thanks for the info im gonna swap some gear around and go to town with poison necro.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation