Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
57 replies   14981 views

If additional stash tabs and character slots became purchasable, would you buy them?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 4237

Description

Leave your votes and thoughts here.

This is if Blizzard were to introduce a shop of sorts in the D2R game client where you could buy these char slots and stash tabs for a small price.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5798Admin

Europe PC
Leave your votes and thoughts here.

This is if Blizzard were to introduce a shop of sorts in the D2R game client where you could buy these char slots and stash tabs for a small price.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
11/10. would
Sacrifice
gam gam to satan for more stash tabs or character slots.

I will say that i don't want to pay and don't think i should have to. i think we should get at LEAST 40-50 char slots and double are stash tabs, for free. However, IF they got crazy greedy and only made it purchasable, yes id pay.

Need this! Or just make currency tab at very least. :P

Asha 342

Sorceress Europe PC
Well, who knows - maybe these 3 shared pages is actually enough. Because it keeps you from stockpilin too much, forces you to trade/swap more actively (whch also is part of a game). I can swear - those who'll buy another 2 pages will still complain after fillin it with the same crap from mules. And right now, 3 only pages keeps us... hm, disciplined, of a sort?
Nice try Blizzard

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
those who'll buy another 2 pages will still complain after fillin it with the same crap from mules.
lmao you think people would purchase another 2 pages? bruh, try 20. especially for non-ladder. Unless they actually create a currency tab and/or stackable runes and gems.

Asha 342

Sorceress Europe PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
those who'll buy another 2 pages will still complain after fillin it with the same crap from mules.
lmao you think people would purchase another 2 pages? bruh, try 20. especially for non-ladder. Unless they actually create a currency tab and/or stackable runes and gems.
Yes, the'll buy out max pages easily - i just remember myself back in Plugy with 40+ pages full of various shit. Like I said - i'm personally fine with just 3 shared tabs here in D2R, it motivates to clean up my own trash 🙂 and this is useful effect.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
When I started playing D2R (after leaving D2 at v1.10) I honestly thought one could gather more stash tabs by doing a certain quest or beating the game...

Well, that must've been some different game, but I vote for bonus stash tabs as in game reward for a special challenge/achievements.

... Find ALL normal (/exceptional/elite) Uniques at least once to gather a bonus tab. ;)
I think the problem with more stash tabs is this game isn't a true remake but simply a reskin.
Adding more tabs runs into the problem of character file sizes becoming to large and items getting deleted.
For me one of the best things of playing old games like D2 is the lack o microtransactions. I just hope they keep it that way. If more stash tabs are important to the core gameplay, then it should just be a patch.
As a completionist, I want to be able to go full holy grail and not worry about it. Right now, that's essentially impossible.

As Billy said above, I don't WANT to pay for tabs, but I would.
OP

Teebling 5798Admin

Europe PC
Owimyr wrote: 2 years ago
As a completionist, I want to be able to go full holy grail and not worry about it. Right now, that's essentially impossible.
Out of interest, I wonder if anyone has calculated how many stash tabs would be required to get a fully holy grail on one account.

Edit: All the item graphics here have standard cropped dimensions that match the D2 inventory grid, I could actually work this out myself I think... get the area of a whole stash tab, then calculate the total area occupied by every inventory item in the game, then divide that by the area of the stash tab... right?

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Out of interest, I wonder if anyone has calculated how many stash tabs would be required to get a fully holy grail on one account.
I recall reading somewhere that it was ~14 characters for uniques, ~4 for sets, and then another for gems, runes, and charms. So it is possible, but not if you actually like playing more than one character.
I'd absolutely pay for both. I'm sure there'd be plenty of "greedy Blizzard" comments if they did it, but this would have to help prolong the support and development of D2R. The days of a 1 time sunk cost for a game that keeps being supported for long feel like they're a thing of the past unfortunately. Making games is big business now, they've got to have monetary reasons to continue support. I feel like they could keep the costs to a minimum, maybe $1-2 per additional character or stash tab slot, and still make a fortune with how many of those slots they'd sell.
OP

Teebling 5798Admin

Europe PC
Owimyr wrote: 2 years ago
I recall reading somewhere that it was ~14 characters for uniques, ~4 for sets, and then another for gems, runes, and charms. So it is possible, but not if you actually like playing more than one character.
I tried to work it out here if anyone else is interested. I estimated that the actual space required is just over the space available on one account.

PoE did this (stash tabs) and the community accepted it with open arms, so why not here as well? D2 can take an improvement from PoE as well and make gems and runes stackable like the currency in that game. And Uber Keys too while we're at it, since they take up 1x2 space each.
if i just had a rune tab for 9.99 I'd buy it in a heart beat. Have all my runes stacked up and on a tab I couldn't imagine anything better that I would want!

Looking for Eye Pattern Summon Grand Charms (GraveRobber)
History has shown that microtransactions of ANY sort introduced into a game is a slippery slope that greedy companies (like Activision Blizzard) happily slide down to the bottom in small "easily digestible" increments.

No thanks, keep that out of my D2 please.

Wouldn't say no to another couple of stash tabs, a currency tab or more character slots, but not through microtransactions.
in PoE it made sense. that game has alot of different reasons for more stash tabs. in D2 Mules were kind of iconic to farming. plus it taught you what was junk and what you should save. stash tabs you pay for is essentially costing you to keep trash. plus anything you find useful or valuable you should trade or put into a character/alt

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
to add to this character slots could make sense, because you dont have an option to switch builds, so making multiple builds for a single class on different characters eats up those 20 slots quick

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation