Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   5548 views

Description

I see people buying these jewels at high prices, I'm not sure what they're used for?

I mean, I know they're used to attack faster and to
Resist Fire
more, but... Why do people need that?

The IAS hints at a physical build, but which physical build need fire resistance that much, so much that they're willing to pass on 40% ED for it, rather than getting it from charms and stuff?

(I also thought about trap sin, but same question, why do they need fire res so much? Or is it because there's nothing else worth having on a jewel?)

Can be used to make Runewords:

I see people buying these jewels at high prices, I'm not sure what they're used for?

I mean, I know they're used to attack faster and to
Resist Fire
more, but... Why do people need that?

The IAS hints at a physical build, but which physical build need fire resistance that much, so much that they're willing to pass on 40% ED for it, rather than getting it from charms and stuff?

(I also thought about trap sin, but same question, why do they need fire res so much? Or is it because there's nothing else worth having on a jewel?)
its mostly used in an adariels visage to cancel out the -30 fire resist
it is not for character.. they use that jwl for mercenary
Helm
, especially for andy visage because it has -30 fire rez.

wale 39

Druid PC
I want it so my merc doesnt get toasted by
Infector of Souls
when he spawns with
Conviction
aura. Fire res also good for people who run Travs

Schnorki 3181Moderator

PC
That and there's a few character build combinations that want jewels like that because fire happens to be left out of certain high res additions. Spirit for example adds 35 to anything but fire so if everything else adds to all res across the board, you end up with everything capped..except for fire. That then leaves either a jewel like this or charms.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
That and there's a few character build combinations that want jewels like that because fire happens to be left out of certain high res additions. Spirit for example adds 35 to anything but fire so if everything else adds to all res across the board, you end up with everything capped..except for fire. That then leaves either a jewel like this or charms.
I would agree with you but Spirit is mostly use for caster builds, whereas ias jewel tend to be for melee builds.. I get what you mean, but Spirit is a bit counterproductive in that exemple imho

HHTekill#2716

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Eth
. perfect Andys + 15 IAS/30FRes is considered Best-In-Slot for Mercs. All said.

I'm not wholly sure which of the two is more rare/expansive, but they are in the same league.

PS: I was quite shocked myself figuring this out, after I found a 15IAS/28FRes jewel. ;)
I believe it’s just the pursuit of perfection with 15/30

Previously used a 15/19 merc all res alr 75

GMT +8 TimeZone

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...