Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   412 views

Description

Hey mates!

When creating a trade, one can select a Region of the trade.

When SEARCHING for trades, your own region is auto-selected to search with. Unfortunately, ONLY trades in this selected region are shown.
You can de-select region to see trades from ALL regions, but, well, one has to know this first.

I'm from EU and I found out that setting US as my item's region, I get more responses. This could be anecdotal evidence.

I just want to say: If you remove the region filter as a default from the item search, people here can get more results for their search, also sellers can reach more players.

As trades are mostly done via friend-list-joining, the region doesn't make any difference at all.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey mates!

When creating a trade, one can select a Region of the trade.

When SEARCHING for trades, your own region is auto-selected to search with. Unfortunately, ONLY trades in this selected region are shown.
You can de-select region to see trades from ALL regions, but, well, one has to know this first.

I'm from EU and I found out that setting US as my item's region, I get more responses. This could be anecdotal evidence.

I just want to say: If you remove the region filter as a default from the item search, people here can get more results for their search, also sellers can reach more players.

As trades are mostly done via friend-list-joining, the region doesn't make any difference at all.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
@Trollwut @Darq @Obakemono @Kitahoshi Improved on in patch 1.14.

Disabled default region selection when finding trades. Now when you search, it will search all regions by default basically, but you still have the option to filter by region if desired.

Trollwut#2511

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
I second that!

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
True, can do.

What troubles me about the region selection is that if a publish a trade and unselect region it will only get listed if someone unselect region in the filter, maybe a better approach can be that if i unselect all regions when publishing a trade it gets listed under any region and no region search.
I didn't realize that's how that worked! That seems like a good idea to make trades region-less so they get seen by as many prospective buyers and searches are similar so buyers can see all prospective sellers.

It was quick to figure out how to friend-list add and change regions now to do the trade than it used to be 20 years ago!

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
@Trollwut @Darq @Obakemono @Kitahoshi Improved on in patch 1.14.

Disabled default region selection when finding trades. Now when you search, it will search all regions by default basically, but you still have the option to filter by region if desired.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...