Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   2653 views

Description

Im just a poor man trying to get my first torch with a poor man smiter build, had a friend BO me things were going slow slow but progress was being made, we were figuring it out, I made the game name simple to rejoin to get our bodies when we died. When some asshole joins my game, takes my
Uber Duriel
kill. He had Enigma so he went in the other portals nabbed my kills got the organs and left the game.... How asshole do you gotta be when your that good already. I just dont want to play the game now.. What a community. Who sits there guessing uber games to steal the torch. Go farm your own keys. Wouldnt your rather help the community population than hurt it???
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Im just a poor man trying to get my first torch with a poor man smiter build, had a friend BO me things were going slow slow but progress was being made, we were figuring it out, I made the game name simple to rejoin to get our bodies when we died. When some asshole joins my game, takes my
Uber Duriel
kill. He had Enigma so he went in the other portals nabbed my kills got the organs and left the game.... How asshole do you gotta be when your that good already. I just dont want to play the game now.. What a community. Who sits there guessing uber games to steal the torch. Go farm your own keys. Wouldnt your rather help the community population than hurt it???
That sucks man, but at least you learned something and you guys being 2 can farm the 3x3 again in just a couple of hours.

Another thing I never understand is why people open the 3 portals at once, I always spawn them one at time.
Im so sorry for you. Hope he got a 10/10 sin torch
Sadly, this game is plagued with 20 year experienced min maxer assholes who don't have anything better to do but to spoil the game fun for all of us. Prophylactically, I name my games UberDavid and then I use a hard-ish password, to avoid that same thing, cuz if people are capable of scamming people with gemmed caps, they can do anything.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
i feel for you dude, and if you want, imma try to get your new year start properly, add me, i'll give you some keys so you guys can properly farm it, and if i can spare, some items
I give you a
Mal
. Perhaps it can get you a 2x3
Key
set. Add me (OUTDATED)

Update: I got 3
Terror
Keys. Perhaps That could make it a bit easy for you

Update2: After a massive dry spell, also got 3 Hate keys. That makes it even easier for you (hate doing summoner)

Update3: After discovering that Beast Infinity necro is extemely efficient at nillitak farming (30-40s per run) managed to clench the last 3 Destruction keys)

If you want the
Key
set add me. That way you can try to uber, this time with a proper password.

Take care and happy new years (and dont quit just yet ladder is coming ;) ).

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
haha yeah some people are dicks! I'm sure he got super excited when he crashed your game! SAD!

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
I used to do that crap in LoD. Anytime the game name I used says has a password it's always 1. Lol

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Some advice if you are playing with a friend in your lobby. The lobby name and password can be completely random, as you can quickly join your friends' game in the lobby menu.

I guess this just goes to show that not everyone playing online has good intentions. Some people really just want to ruin other people's fun for a quick "buck".

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
Try not to take it too hard or personal. The world and especially the internet is full of these type of characters. However, there are plenty of good players that'll help you out too, like in this thread.

I remember there was a lot more scamming and toxicity in the past. You can never assume some random person on the internet won't try to pull a fast one on you.

Try to put this behind you and just enjoy the game.

People have accidentally sold or dropped their Enigma or Annis seemingly regularly. It's not an unrecoverable loss by any means.

Some general advice about d2 game names/passwords. Use different words for name and password, that you can easily remember but cannot be guessed. It doesn't even need to have numbers or randomness. (ex: your ign + your pet's name)

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
I give you a
Mal
. Perhaps it can get you a 2x3
Key
set. Add me (OUTDATED)

Update: I got 3
Terror
Keys. Perhaps That could make it a bit easy for you

Update2: After a massive dry spell, also got 3 Hate keys. That makes it even easier for you (hate doing summoner)

Update3: After discovering that Beast Infinity necro is extemely efficient at nillitak farming (30-40s per run) managed to clench the last 3 Destruction keys)

If you want the
Key
set add me. That way you can try to uber, this time with a proper password.

Take care and happy new years.
@DarkDemon#1129 definitely take this mans items. He is far too D2 rich.

Nice to see a response like this from the community :)

All the people I encountered in legacy d2 were pretty much veterans who were always down to help you. Maybe D2R has brought a wave of new players who arent as nice.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
P0LIISI wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe D2R has brought a wave of new players who arent as nice.
Ive encountered way more nice people in the first few weeks of D2R (mostly from this site) than my entirety of playing OG D2. D2R just brought back the same old scammers and a-holes from the OG, but i think the good people still far outnumber the bad.

That is a good point, I think the community as a whole is very friendly.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Glad to see the responses here and hope OP comes back to get his keyset from Aegis200.

On a relevant note, I wonder if this was an automated 'breach'. I don't know a lot about scripting or botting but it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone has already built a script that brute forces the game lobby with an array of common game name/password combinations until it is able to join the game.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Ive encountered way more nice people in the first few weeks of D2R (mostly from this site) than my entirety of playing OG D2. D2R just brought back the same old scammers and a-holes from the OG, but i think the good people still far outnumber the bad.

Same here, OG D2 people were mostly d*cks..
In D2R we do have a big influx of new people, I guess that brought back the a-holes more because they smell FRESH MEAT (Screams and runs away, goddam Butcher!)

I think I saw it in one of MrLlamaSC's video's, he was slapping
Uber Diablo
, and someone joined his game (even tho the password wasnt visible, only game name) turned on PvP, and tried to kill him while he was killing
Uber Diablo
, safe to say, the rando died twice :')
Karma b*tch!

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
On a relevant note, I wonder if this was an automated 'breach'. I don't know a lot about scripting or botting but it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone has already built a script that brute forces the game lobby with an array of common game name/password combinations until it is able to join the game.
Ironically enough (coming from a experienced coder) this is already a thing, but not specific for D2R, you can basically run any 'brute force' script with a interval timer, so you don't send 100000 packages at once and get alerted for a DDoS'er.

As well as the ingame chat of Diablo (lobby chat) is based on IRC you could actually get a 3rd party software to read out people's ID's etc, and with a bit of diggin and wurming your way trough data you could actually pull passwords out of there too.

(Also I might be good at coding, English isn't my strong suite, inb4 the grammar police show's up :p )

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Too bad, that it happened - that's the reason I don't use common names or passwords, they're too easy to figure out for random people :(.

Also don't forget, that everyone on your friendlist can join your password protected games instantly when you have friend-join activated, so keep your friendlist clean of people you don't trust.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

y2kid 109

PC
Yeah I agree with Billy here. D2R made me come back to the game and even though I'm a bit inactive atm I'm still keeping an eye on the forum here and am ready to help other players if they need anything. In the first weeks of ladder I've encountered many people that think I'm being super generous or something just because I'm playing for fun and not to squeeze every drop of value from the game so I'd end up giving items that are being seeked for free or very cheap if I see I have met a new or inexperienced player. I don't find any joy accumulating Wealth on the expense of new players. Sure I can do it but... Why???? I'm a 30 yo dude happy with life and stuff. I want to have fun and make other people happy doing what I like and that's diablo... Anyway glad to see
Aegis
response here! And to the OP I can also provide you with a set of keys and will even do the Ubers for you if you want. Just reach out. Sorry for your experience so far but at least you've learnt a valuable lesson out of this. There are and always will be assholels :/ The thing is to try and outweigh them because I genuinely believe this community has much more good people than worthless scumbags and we should show that ^^

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Yeah, old school D2 is the reason I don't trust MFers in games. They were ruthless, be your friend for weeks, months then you xfer what they need and you no longer have a hammering. Lol

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
OP
post1894505.html#p1894505 I just want to thank the community on here , AEGIS200 has given me another shot at my uber build. My Faith in this website and the community that uses it. I will call on help if I get stuck and try one portal at a time in game.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation