Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   4205 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I’m also at the point in life where I am now married with kids and working full time. The ideas of “racing” other players or feeling pressured to play more so I can “keep up” are completely unappealing to me and I will be sticking with non-ladder. I really hope blizzard sees that a lot of the base for D2R specifically is aging and does want to race ladder. Would be cool if the new RWs came to online non-ladder after the season ends, but I have plenty of items left to get (I’m wanting a Phoenix shield at the moment) and the idea of new build diversity with the new balance patch will keep me excited to play for a while to come. Would love to roll a fire Druid in hell!

wakE 12

Sorceress Europe PC
BenderRodriguez wrote: 2 years ago
is ladder loot the same or better?
Each season there are new only Ladder runewords implemented which are moved to Non Ladder once the season ends. Everyone whos playing Non Ladder will get this items too afterwards.

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
I expect that there will be a big dip in non-ladder players at the start of the ladder, but once season 2 starts all the season 1 ladder characters will be transferred to non-ladder. I think this will mean that there will be a surge of non-ladder items being traded at the end of season 1.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
wakE wrote: 2 years ago
Each season there are new only Ladder runewords implemented which are moved to Non Ladder once the season ends. Everyone whos playing Non Ladder will get this items too afterwards.
I know, i'm referring to drop chances, are they the same or improved for ladder?

wakE 12

Sorceress Europe PC
wakE wrote: 2 years ago
I know, i'm referring to drop chances, are they the same or improved for ladder?
Exactly the same.

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
I see ladder as a fresh start to make the game challenging again and try out new builds. I think it's fun to build a new character with what you find along the way. There will also be new items and builds which are only viable on ladder. I have no interest in racing.
The start of the ladder is also a perfect way to build Wealth for your non-ladder characters. If you farm early in the ladder, you can sell high-value items for much more than you could in non-ladder. If you look at historical pricing for items such as
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Skin of the Vipermagi
, Spirit, Insight, you will notice that the the beginning of D2R those items that are selling for
Pul
-
Um
now were selling for as much as a
Sur
at the launch of the game. pricecheck.php?item=37&start=3480

If you hop on the ladder and farm at the start, you can trade for higher runes which you can use for your non-ladder characters when the ladder ends.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
Ladder will probably be very popular, but I'm personally very unhappy with the fact that it only lasts 4 months. It's way too much effort for such a short amount of time...
There's no reason not to play ladder for a bit to make the new runewords for your non-ladder characters. Depending on the runewords available on ladder, and what exactly will happen to these runewords at the end of the ladder.

Will you be able to build them on non-ladder online characters? Or will you have to build them on ladder to transfer them to non-ladder after season ends?

We don't have a definite answer. They did say that the runewords will be available for single player, but IIRC nothing on the online non-ladder characters.
I was too young when played diablo on my PS 1. The game is fresh to me, have feeling like playing it for the first time. I would definitely give ladder a try.
tatatat wrote: 2 years ago
The start of the ladder is also a perfect way to build Wealth for your non-ladder characters. If you farm early in the ladder, you can sell high-value items for much more than you could in non-ladder. If you look at historical pricing for items such as
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Skin of the Vipermagi
, Spirit, Insight, you will notice that the the beginning of D2R those items that are selling for
Pul
-
Um
now were selling for as much as a
Sur
at the launch of the game. pricecheck.php?item=37&start=3480

If you hop on the ladder and farm at the start, you can trade for higher runes which you can use for your non-ladder characters when the ladder ends.
Yes, and it's nice to be excited about these items again when they drop. Eventually you reach a point where almost every item is meh except for a handful of extremely rare things. I also enjoy picking up all the rare items hoping for an upgrade and getting creative about skill distribution based on the character's current gear. Much more fun than running a cookie cutter build IMO.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...