Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   5295 views

Description

I feel bad for these other guys out here having terrible Grief luck on Christmas, because I just got a true Christmas gift from the RNG gods. Thanks goes out to Ghostcarmack for the
Phase Blade
base trade! Merry Christmas dudes! :)
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I feel bad for these other guys out here having terrible Grief luck on Christmas, because I just got a true Christmas gift from the RNG gods. Thanks goes out to Ghostcarmack for the
Phase Blade

twiz 18

Assassin Americas PC
Damn, nice roll. Grats!!

twiz#1464

BillyMaysed 2192Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
congrats man, so close to perf on all the rolls!

Nice roll sir!!! definitively a good Grief!!!

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
What.. this isn't a gemmed
Phase Blade
!

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
In my own head, I'm convinced that the same guy who made the gemmed
Phase Blade
has now by some Christmas miracle gathered up the runes and made his own truly amazing Grief. If only.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
Beautiful! Merry Xmas

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Generous of you telling all the people who maybe weren't that lucky, how lucky you have been, thats utmost empathic ;)
Gz anyway
Congrats on the Grief, moongate!
Mboc wrote: 2 years ago
Generous of you telling all the people who maybe weren't that lucky, how lucky you have been, thats utmost empathic ;)
Gz anyway
dunno about you, but seeing good or gg roll / drop posts is quite motivating. Definitely beats seeing a lot of posts about failed drops/rolls, which are rather depressing.
moongate wrote: 2 years ago
Phase Blade
That is no Grief, that is pure fucking bliss.

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
mobpolice wrote: 2 years ago
Congrats on the Grief, moongate!
Gz anyway
dunno about you, but seeing good or gg roll / drop posts is quite motivating. Definitely beats seeing a lot of posts about failed drops/rolls, which are rather depressing.
Good for you but I am afraid you belong to a minority in that regards. About me, I have almost everything I need and my rolls have been quite lucky but I understand that ppl don’t necessarily share my feelings but feel rather depressed if I tell them how lucky I was. I don’t envy anyone because of his/here rolls. I just don’t understand why ppl post something like this at all…
moongate wrote: 2 years ago
Phase Blade
That is amazing! My late congrats to you. May the RNGesus be with you and fellas ;)

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Good for you but I am afraid you belong to a minority in that regards. About me, I have almost everything I need and my rolls have been quite lucky but I understand that ppl don’t necessarily share my feelings but feel rather depressed if I tell them how lucky I was. I don’t envy anyone because of his/here rolls. I just don’t understand why ppl post something like this at all…
You don't understand why people want to share their feelings in their community when something good happens to them? Talking about empathic xD If people get depressed by something like that, they must be depressed beforehand and have a hard time. I don't think that the majority get depressed by envy but there are enough who use their envy to motivate and that is the evolutionary purpose of envy in the first place.

That being said, if you know somebody has a hard time then i can understand to refrain from that but this is a public forum. Its is meant for something like that.

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
You don't understand why people want to share their feelings in their community when something good happens to them? Talking about empathic xD If people get depressed by something like that, they must be depressed beforehand and have a hard time. I don't think that the majority get depressed by envy but there are enough who use their envy to motivate and that is the evolutionary purpose of envy in the first place.

That being said, if you know somebody has a hard time then i can understand to refrain from that but this is a public forum. Its is meant for something like that.
You don't understand why people want to share their feelings in their community when something good happens to them? Talking about empathic xD

Empathy means you have a good understanding of how people might feel in certain situations that doesn't mean you get the intention of everything that is posted. And as to that I still fail to see it. Basically it was said: "because I feel bad about all the bad rolls you guys got, I share my personal luck with you all". How is that supposed to cheer ppl up (if that was the actual intention)? How are you supposed to exert yourself in order to be more lucky - play more? Is that the message?
I mean it's not a post like: "I finally beat Uber solo in 30 secs and that was my approach..." posts like this have a general benefit to the community - this one here doesn't.
Regarding the envy you mentioned (although I don't really know why, since I just wrote I personally wouldn't envy anyone...) , I agree that envy could lead to someone trying to get better but I don't think it's the sole purpose of this (bad) sentiment - if it serves a (beneficial) purpose at all in modern society. Without envy there would be def less conflicts in the world (sorry for drifting :)

If you are referring to me, what I think you do I must say that I am quite happy with my achievments so far (in this game but more importantly in general) - althoug my empathy tells me that my posts might come across somewhat bitterly. Be assured that's not the case I would just be delighted to see some significant topics amongst all those :"I feel so lucky, see my find" or "shoot, I was so stupid" threads. People are lucky and people are stupid (ocassionally, to be fair).
This happens frequently and I don't necessarily want to read about it - although I did in this case, yes you got me there ;)

That being said, I think I made my point. Feel free to agree or dislike, I don't mind. And not least since I am eyerolling about myself investing time for this text which is prop as insignificant as the entire topic, it will be my last one.

PS: Interesting enough that unrelated people are commenting my posts which are basically meant for the thread owner. I mean she / he probably knows best about her / his intentions, wouldn't you agree ? ;)

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
You don't understand why people want to share their feelings in their community when something good happens to them? Talking about empathic xD

Empathy means you have a good understanding of how people might feel in certain situations that doesn't mean you get the intention of everything that is posted. And as to that I still fail to see it. Basically it was said: "because I feel bad about all the bad rolls you guys got, I share my personal luck with you all". How is that supposed to cheer ppl up (if that was the actual intention)? How are you supposed to exert yourself in order to be more lucky - play more? Is that the message?
I mean it's not a post like: "I finally beat Uber solo in 30 secs and that was my approach..." posts like this have a general benefit to the community - this one here doesn't.
Regarding the envy you mentioned (although I don't really know why, since I just wrote I personally wouldn't envy anyone...) , I agree that envy could lead to someone trying to get better but I don't think it's the sole purpose of this (bad) sentiment - if it serves a (beneficial) purpose at all in modern society. Without envy there would be def less conflicts in the world (sorry for drifting :)
I don interpret the deeper intention of this post, but for me it is one of the most simple emotion, if something good happens to you, you like to talk about it and i see this thread as this. And i don't see the need to make them feel bad for expressing their positive feeling.

I also see, you understand the thread totally different then i do: Basically it was said: "because I feel bad about all the bad rolls you guys got, I share my personal luck with you all". I read it again and for me it is more like "despite feeling bad for you, i still post my thread because i'm very happy of my find." For me it show a little empathy of the op but it is still no reason to not express them self. I don't think there is a deeper message for us i think it is ok because not every thread need to be about useful Information. We are human and sometimes we like to just talk or write =)

I mentioned envy not because of you but because envy is one of the emotions people feel when somebody different got lucky (instead of oneself) and can lead to bitter feeling if they can't handle envy well. I thought if i never mention you directly you will understand that i about human in general and not about you. My bad if was not clear enough.

Also i think if there was no envy, we would still live on trees because envy beside greed is one of the major factors for our progress =)

If you are referring to me, what I think you do I must say that I am quite happy with my achievments so far (in this game but more importantly in general) - althoug my empathy tells me that my posts might come across somewhat bitterly. Be assured that's not the case I would just be delighted to see some significant topics amongst all those :"I feel so lucky, see my find" or "shoot, I was so stupid" threads. People are lucky and people are stupid (ocassionally, to be fair).
This happens frequently and I don't necessarily want to read about it - although I did in this case, yes you got me there ;)

That being said, I think I made my point. Feel free to agree or dislike, I don't mind. And not least since I am eyerolling about myself investing time for this text which is prop as insignificant as the entire topic, it will be my last one.
And again, i never mentioned you directly because i don't mean you by this. If you know a person, that can't handle something like this, it i good to respect that and don't mention it directly in their face. But this only apply in private between friends or family. In a public forum it is too much to ask to respect every single feeling and would hamper to much the activity. This is a D2R forum and not a psychology forum.

What i take out of this that maybe it is time to divide the Forum in more categories because it help to find the threads we really want to read. Something like Gameplay discussion (Hardcore, Ladder, PvP...), Announcements, Guides and Off-topic. We can also create a thread dedicated to lucky finds and nobody need to create a new thread for every find.
Gratz man, that's not a good greif, that's a Great Greif!

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Darq wrote: 2 years ago

I don interpret the deeper intention of this post, but for me it is one of the most simple emotion, if something good happens to you, you like to talk about it and i see this thread as this. And i don't see the need to make them feel bad for expressing their positive feeling.

I also see, you understand the thread totally different then i do: Basically it was said: "because I feel bad about all the bad rolls you guys got, I share my personal luck with you all". I read it again and for me it is more like "despite feeling bad for you, i still post my thread because i'm very happy of my find." For me it show a little empathy of the op but it is still no reason to not express them self. I don't think there is a deeper message for us i think it is ok because not every thread need to be about useful Information. We are human and sometimes we like to just talk or write =)

I mentioned envy not because of you but because envy is one of the emotions people feel when somebody different got lucky (instead of oneself) and can lead to bitter feeling if they can't handle envy well. I thought if i never mention you directly you will understand that i about human in general and not about you. My bad if was not clear enough.

Also i think if there was no envy, we would still live on trees because envy beside greed is one of the major factors for our progress =)

And again, i never mentioned you directly because i don't mean you by this. If you know a person, that can't handle something like this, it i good to respect that and don't mention it directly in their face. But this only apply in private between friends or family. In a public forum it is too much to ask to respect every single feeling and would hamper to much the activity. This is a D2R forum and not a psychology forum.

What i take out of this that maybe it is time to divide the Forum in more categories because it help to find the threads we really want to read. Something like Gameplay discussion (Hardcore, Ladder, PvP...), Announcements, Guides and Off-topic. We can also create a thread dedicated to lucky finds and nobody need to create a new thread for every find.
Actually I didn't want to reply and I won't comment on the rest of your post but couldn't let this one statement go without saying something to it since I couldn't disagree more.

Are you serious about that? Those two and especially greed are traits which actually hinder us from further developing and even more, will ultimately wipe our species from the earth. Consider eg energy management and to give you a concrete example, the farming of oil (esp. cracking in the US). It's a good example in which greed overules any human sense while accepting harming humans and nature alike. The technology for smart and green energy has been developed long ago. The problem is that you have to invest before you get the benefit. And why would you invest into something new if the old still works and is still a license to print money? That's just one of tons of examples I could give you...

Since this topic is quite drifting (yes I feel guilty :) I ask you to PM me in case you want to further talk about this.

As to your proposal to divide the forum into different sections, I find this a good idea. And maybe we could conclude this topic with that :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation