diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
46 replies   3840 views

Description

Description by thekolombian

Can be used to make Runewords:

Darq wrote: 2 years ago
d2rppa69 wrote: 2 years ago

This is how i see. Since the person who swapped out and “stole” the runes from this person by placing a fake Infinity in, it is considered bad intend, malicously trying to con the user of his hard earned runes, very different than that of one person who decides to willingly trade off his bers etc etc for something he doesnt know the value of it, in that case, ur comment regarding “own stupidity” does make sense and it would be the user’s fault.

So for all intend and purpose, i myself would consider this person a scammer.

Just my take :)
Scammer or not (for me it is a rip-off with a social engineering), the person could have prevented that. I understand how frustrating it is and i don't like person who do such things. But i lost sympathy for action with so little care. He did make a trade with such high value and didn't care to double check?

The thing is you can't fight scams by just calling the scammer scum or else in the anonymous internet. This is a tilt against windmills and waste of time. The only way to fight this is by prevent it in technical ways (but only the devs can do it) or let the people learn to protect their belongings and give them no attack points. As long as people fall for such things there will be scammers. This is not a thing about Diablo but common sense in the real world.
Agreed, but my point is to confirm the post made by the OP on what he experience was a scam BUT like many have said, the OP should have double checked the trade window. U can say that it was an impulse trade on the OP side.

If only the OP knew of the user who scammed him, he could mention the person’s bnet tag and if that person uses this site, maybe talking to him again to see if that person would return his high runes(i doubt it knowing humans are greedy in general, but he could try…)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
If only the OP knew of the user who scammed him, he could mention the person’s bnet tag and if that person uses this site, maybe talking to him again to see if that person would return his high runes(i doubt it knowing humans are greedy in general, but he could try…)
We have arranged apologies between traders, verified people do indeed possess 8
Annihilus
, and made several other weird moderation missions on the site here when people contact the moderators privately and in good Faith. There is sometimes something we can do to make the situation better.

However there is a line we draw at publicly releasing their identifiable information/logs anywhere front-facing on the site. I know d2rppa69 might not have meant this, but just in case OP sees his post, please do not publicly share their ID on the site here.

The moderators get several reports every day and read each and every one of them. If they're in line with the rules for reporting (see trading rules/guidance sticky in Price Check subforum), then they will be actioned on if deemed necessary. They do a ton of work to keep unsavoury characters off the site here, but remember that anyone can turn evil at any point if they see an opportunity big enough, and decide to try and 'scam' the other player in-game. This means we can't foresee highly trusted traders suddenly scamming out of the blue.

Bnet verification as an option is on the to-do list, so that those who choose to have the added attraction of being 'bnet verified' on their profile will be also then be accountable for pulling off shit like that, with that accountability tied to their copy of the game/bnet ID, which would make it much less inviting to get reported and banned for here.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Annihilus
, and made several other weird moderation missions on the site here when people contact the moderators privately and in good Faith. There is sometimes something we can do to make the situation better.

However there is a line we draw at publicly releasing their identifiable information/logs anywhere front-facing on the site. I know d2rppa69 might not have meant this, but just in case OP sees his post, please do not publicly share their ID on the site here.

The moderators get several reports every day and read each and every one of them. If they're in line with the rules for reporting (see trading rules/guidance sticky in Price Check subforum), then they will be actioned on if deemed necessary. They do a ton of work to keep unsavoury characters off the site here, but remember that anyone can turn evil at any point if they see an opportunity big enough, and decide to try and 'scam' the other player in-game. This means we can't foresee highly trusted traders suddenly scamming out of the blue.

Bnet verification as an option is on the to-do list, so that those who choose to have the added attraction of being 'bnet verified' on their profile will be also then be accountable for pulling off shit like that, with that accountability tied to their copy of the game/bnet ID, which would make it much less inviting to get reported and banned for here.
Thanks for the heads up on not disclosig bnet tag of said person on this site publicly… my apology on that regards but i do hope OP can privately ping the offender if the offender uses this site to resolve his issue

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
OP
Didn't think there would be so many replies on this, thanks guys for the advice I'm gonna make sure to triple check every trade from now on. I might try and get back in until ladder starts cause I've put in too many hours into this game already. Thanks again guys
OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Annihilus

Thanks for the heads up on not disclosig bnet tag of said person on this site publicly… my apology on that regards but i do hope OP can privately ping the offender if the offender uses this site to resolve his issue
How would I go about making a report? I haven't played in a public game since so I have the battlenet tag in my recently played with.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
thekolombian wrote: 2 years ago
Didn't think there would be so many replies on this, thanks guys for the advice I'm gonna make sure to triple check every trade from now on. I might try and get back in until ladder starts cause I've put in too many hours into this game already. Thanks again guys
Thats the Spirit! =) Every setback is a lesson to become stronger and smarter then before.

BillyMaysed 2189Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
thekolombian wrote: 2 years ago
How would I go about making a report? I haven't played in a public game since so I have the battlenet tag in my recently played with.
Unfortunately reporting another player will do nothing because they aren't violating blizzard's TOS. The only thing any of us can do is be more cautious in the future.

If a D2io member here scams you and you have proof, then you can PM one of us or click the report flag on the other users comments/messages and we can possibly do something, but nothing will ever happen to them in-game.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...