Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
39 replies   10836 views

Would you make an Auradin (Tesladin) or Melee Sorc (Aurasorc)?

No data yet

Description

Which do you find more interesting/fun, while more powerful than the other? Or any other reasons?

(for discussion's sake, assume the pally has access to Enigma, so
Teleport
isnt a factor)
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Which do you find more interesting/fun, while more powerful than the other? Or any other reasons?

(for discussion's sake, assume the pally has access to Enigma, so
Teleport
isnt a factor)

BillyMaysed 2204Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Tesladin isn't a thing, It's just the Auradin thank you VERY much. :P

For me i would say Auradin because:
-his block frames & defense with
Holy Shield
-Max
Zeal

-
Redemption

-
Charge

-
Salvation

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Holy Shield
-Max
Zeal

-
Redemption

-
Charge
Is the tesladin a different thing entirely or is it just a newer name that someone thought would be more catchy? I heard the name tesladin first before auradin, and they appeared to refer to the same build.

Sorceress Americas PC
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
or is it just a newer name that someone thought would be more catchy?
I never heard Tesladin after nearly 2 decades off n on in D2 until D2R launch lol.

Kids these days and their new fenagled mumbo jumbo!

OP
Maybe someone couldn't afford the car. You have to admit 2
Jah
are easier to come by than that price tag.

Sorceress Americas PC
Jah
lol ya. Im guessing it started with Nikola Tesla and then Elon Musk's company gaining fame made the name much more popular.

OP
Jah
lol ya. Im guessing it started with Nikola Tesla and then Elon Musk's company gaining fame made the name much more popular.
For me, tesla will always invoke the image (and sound effect) of the tesla coil from C&C Red Alert. It was the first time I heard the word tesla.
I know it is anecdotal, but I never heard auradin until recently, i have always heard it termed as tesladin since I played in the mid 2000s. On a good note, I was finally able to make one in D2R, carried by me finding 1
Jah
and 2
Lo
in the first month

Sorceress Americas PC
drostealth wrote: 2 years ago
but I never heard auradin until recently, i have always heard it termed as tesladin since I played in the mid 2000s
You had a different gaming experience than me? lies. xD

For me, tesla will always invoke the image (and sound effect) of the tesla coil from C&C Red Alert. It was the first time I heard the word tesla.
Charging up!

Rubber shoes in motion...

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
I know it is anecdotal, but I never heard auradin until recently, i have always heard it termed as tesladin since I played in the mid 2000s. On a good note, I was finally able to make one in D2R, carried by me finding 1
Jah
and 2
Lo
in the first month
This. Never heard of an Auradin before here. And I dare say, that's how it should be...wtf is an Auradin? Literally any Pally build uses Auras of one sort or another so "Auradin" really doesn't specify anything beyond the fact that you're talking about a Pally of some sort. Tesladin on the other hand, which has been around for decades, describes the actual characteristic of it.

That having been said, I for one loved my nigh-invulnerable melee Sorc back in the day. Gonna have to recreate that at some point.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Beardozer 445Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I like my melee sorc. It feels more fun playing the game wrong, and playing a melee sorc feels more wrong than any form of
Zeal
paladin.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

This. Never heard of an Auradin before here. And I dare say, that's how it should be...wtf is an Auradin? Literally any Pally build uses Auras of one sort or another so "Auradin" really doesn't specify anything beyond the fact that you're talking about a Pally of some sort.
For me Auradin is a paladin who uses auras as the main skill. Main damage skill, to be exact, so ones using
Zeal
with maxed
Fanaticism
or
Blessed Hammer
with
Concentration
are not Auradins.

Tesladin is an Auradin which uses
Holy Shock
, most often with dual Dream rather than his own.

I also heard about a Torchadin, which relies on
Holy Fire
. Again, most often with stacked dual Dragon and Hand of Justice.

I never heard of
Holy Freeze
Auradin, probably because that aura has low damage and is meant to slow enemies, not to kill them.
And for obvious reasons no Sanctuary Auradin either.

Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
I like my melee sorc. It feels more fun playing the game wrong, and playing a melee sorc feels more wrong than any form of
Zeal
paladin.
Why wrong? Sure, it is an exotic build, but if well equipped, the damage more than enough to be Hell viable (unlike, say,
War Cry
barbarian). And she uses 2 elements to deal with immunes.

Beardozer 445Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Why wrong? Sure, it is an exotic build, but if well equipped, the damage more than enough to be Hell viable (unlike, say,
War Cry
barbarian). And she uses 2 elements to deal with immunes.
cuz it's a sorceress hitting things with a sword, lmao. I'm not saying it can't clear hell, I'm playing one. But it feels like I'm playing the game wrong, and that makes it fun.

A
War Cry
barbarian also feels wrong. I wish it did more damage. I'm making that next. I bet it's fun all the way through nightmare and it'll stay there yelling at things until they die.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Jah
and 2
Lo
in the first month
This. Never heard of an Auradin before here. And I dare say, that's how it should be...wtf is an Auradin? Literally any Pally build uses Auras of one sort or another so "Auradin" really doesn't specify anything beyond the fact that you're talking about a Pally of some sort. Tesladin on the other hand, which has been around for decades, describes the actual characteristic of it.

That having been said, I for one loved my nigh-invulnerable melee Sorc back in the day. Gonna have to recreate that at some point.
So, what is hammerdin? Paladin that uses hammer or paladin that outputs most of its damage through
Blessed Hammer
skill? Auradin refers to auras being its main source of damage. Good luck completing the game with
Redemption
and
Meditation
as main skills.

Tesladin literally refers to nothing from Diablo terminology. But use whatever the word tou want - ISO or LF, BIN or FT - doesn't make any difference.

Auradin used to be epic before aura stacking fix.
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
[...]
[...] yelling at things until they die.

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP
I'm 2
Pul
away from completing my sorc. Oh, and a 3 os
Troll Nest
. Seems silly to shop for 1 so I'm just going to let my javazon kill cows until 1 drops.
I'm 2
Pul
away from completing my sorc. Oh, and a 3 os
Troll Nest
. Seems silly to shop for 1 so I'm just going to let my javazon kill cows until 1 drops.
Since Troll Nests get 3 OS from
Larzuk
, even a White one will do.

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC

Holy Shield
-Max
Zeal

-
Redemption

-
Charge

-
Salvation
Sir you've literally met my Tesladin a number of times... my toon is even named xSDTesla like...

Also Tesladin's slap and are the most fun thing in the game, almost to a gamebreaking point. Can do everything in p8 no problem with no help at all.

Sorceress Americas PC
xSD wrote: 2 years ago
Sir you've literally met my Tesladin a number of times... my toon is even named xSDTesla like...
What on earth are you talking about? Never met this so-called "tesladin" before in my life. The Auradin is amazing if that's what you meant. xD

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...