Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   3312 views

Description

Not sure where to post this or if this has been answered but here goes

Do people run
River of Flame
for the super chests in online play? I've seen (old) threads online that talk about rolling a good map (in SP) and that usually 2 chests spawn and I've also seen example maps showing where they are, usually a nook just NE of the wp. Thing is, I've been running river semi-regularly for just farming, specially when finger mages spawn, but the chests are very hit or miss. I'd say less than 50% of my runs even have them (unless I'm blind) and sometimes there's a map that spawns with just 1.

Am I blind? Is there a Pattern to them, or a set amount of ways the map can generate so I can easily tell if there's chests and where they are (similar to how
Halls of Pain
has only 3 configurations for the WP to
Halls of Vaught
path)? Is it even worth doing, since it seems like such a bigger pain than running LK.

If anyone answers this, bonus question: Which super chests are worth running. Currently doing LK,
River of Flame
, behind Meph, and sometimes all 4 Arcane paths. Is this last one dumb to do? Is there more?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Not sure where to post this or if this has been answered but here goes

Do people run
River of Flame
for the super chests in online play? I've seen (old) threads online that talk about rolling a good map (in SP) and that usually 2 chests spawn and I've also seen example maps showing where they are, usually a nook just NE of the wp. Thing is, I've been running river semi-regularly for just farming, specially when finger mages spawn, but the chests are very hit or miss. I'd say less than 50% of my runs even have them (unless I'm blind) and sometimes there's a map that spawns with just 1.

Am I blind? Is there a Pattern to them, or a set amount of ways the map can generate so I can easily tell if there's chests and where they are (similar to how
Halls of Pain
has only 3 configurations for the WP to
Halls of Vaught
path)? Is it even worth doing, since it seems like such a bigger pain than running LK.

If anyone answers this, bonus question: Which super chests are worth running. Currently doing LK,
River of Flame
, behind Meph, and sometimes all 4 Arcane paths. Is this last one dumb to do? Is there more?
Answeredby jbmc2 years agoGo to post
In SP the map layout will stay the same forever, they will only change to something else when you change difficulty or use tcp in classic d2. So what people would do is go on hell difficulty. If they didnt like the river of flame map or the LK map they would save quit. make a nm game save and quit again. go back to hell to check the map. and repeat until they got a map they liked.

If you are online you cannot do this, the map will always change.

There are people online who farm the arcane sanctuary. The super chests have a set loot list and there is like 50-60 thousand lists they can pull from (LK is the same). But also because there are items that the ghost cannot drop which gives them a better chance for dropping runes. You just need to make sure you kill them on the platform. You also have the chance of getting a key from the summoner.

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
In SP the map layout will stay the same forever, they will only change to something else when you change difficulty or use tcp in classic d2. So what people would do is go on hell difficulty. If they didnt like the
River of Flame
map or the LK map they would save quit. make a nm game save and quit again. go back to hell to check the map. and repeat until they got a map they liked.

If you are online you cannot do this, the map will always change.

There are people online who farm
The Arcane Sanctuary
. The super chests have a set loot list and there is like 50-60 thousand lists they can pull from (LK is the same). But also because there are items that the ghost cannot drop which gives them a better chance for dropping runes. You just need to make sure you kill them on the platform. You also have the chance of getting a
Key
from
The Summoner
This post was marked as the best answer.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
OP
Yeah figured Arcane is good because the ghosts, and heard some HRs being found in those chests. And yeah I was aware of SP vs. online play, was just wondering if people farm that place in online games and if there's any info on the map, chest spawns, etc.

Either way thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...