Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   4858 views

Description

Who here isn’t trusting of repeated runs?
Since runs are still at minimum 1:thousands at least if not hundreds of thousands chance.

So I figured best to enjoy the game like I do. Which is bloody killing everything and clearing every niche and crevice.

The problem is, it’s very not trendy.
Meaning I can’t find games with people of my playing style. Everyone is rushing like mad. And I just don’t enjoy the game. Perhaps it’s fun where your character is super strong and walks like Wind killing instantly. But I don’t like it. I’m more beat em up arcade shoot em up. Which I think were part of the essence of this classic.

So I was wondering if there are more people like me.

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Since runs are still at minimum 1:thousands at least if not hundreds of thousands chance.

So I figured best to enjoy the game like I do. Which is bloody killing everything and clearing every niche and crevice.

Meaning I can’t find games with people of my playing style. Everyone is rushing like mad. And I just don’t enjoy the game. Perhaps it’s fun where your character is super strong and walks like Wind killing instantly. But I don’t like it. I’m more beat em up arcade shoot em up. Which I think were part of the essence of this classic.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I don't do a "full clear" but i do play through the game normally for most characters instead of getting rushes. I'll create 2-3 of every class, 4 in the case of the druid, and just play through the game normally with each build. I hate MFing and can only do around 10 runs or so before getting really bored. I prefer to just play through the game as it was meant to be played, call me crazy.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
i feel like im some what in between the two playstyles. ive tried to do like a grinding run for multiple multiple time and after like 4 or five i wanna blow my brains out, but at the same i do like finding that sweet end game gear and runes, and the best way to that is to do runs and kill things quickly. for me its about finding a good balance.
I don't have anything against rushers nor clearers, as I do a bit of both myself.

I rush to
Andariel
and kill any champs/uniques on my way.

I rush to
Mephisto
and kill any uniques I run into on my way.

I kill everything in
Chaos Sanctuary
finishing with Diablo, and I kill everything in Worldstone Keep finishing with
Baal
unless I see souls, then I rush. :P

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
With my soceress I never full clear, but, if I play with my barb and I do
Arcane Sanctuary
runs, I put on a Lawbringer and kill EVRERY mob there is, open every chest and hork every body there is. Takes for ever, but its fun, as you say. Found a
Shako
doing that.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
unless I see souls, then I rush. :P
yes to this all the way. fuck those souls.
I am the same. I dislike the PoE style of quickly flying around the screen like a crack head.

I prefer slow and steady changing areas and attempting to full clear large packs of mobs in areas fun to farm like
Chaos Sanctuary
. Deffinately popping all the chests and rocks I can find.

Deleted User 63530 0

i now play this style in many places even in act 1 today i found
Ber
in solo game on cows have many items for fact i start few days ago and this hammerdine is my only one anjd first char i created
Very much depends on my character. My poisonmancer clears everything because of how
Poison Nova
works and he doesn’t have Enigma, my zealot clears all but I mostly use him for traV and Ubers now. My sorc clears only bosses.
Once I get Enigma I think my necro will still clear all. It’s more fun and better for rune hunting.

Renton212#2452
I am the similar type. I do full clear of most 85+ zones with my hdin. I try to do it in a decent speed tho, of course. This way I managed to pick up every single rune except for
Zod
and
Cham
. Sure I don't pick up many uniques as others (still picked up 2 x
Tal
arm when was around
Ohm
) but imagine your inventory piling up so quickly with the stuff that are worth
Pul
Lem
and keep devaluing vs runes. I prefer runes over items and buy items with the runes. Now i got full hdin gear with Anni (20/16) and Torch (20/20), bought nothing for cash other than the game itself. I do the full clear once or twice at max a day also. 0 stress but enjoying.

Ladder and Non-ladder trades. Check the indicator!
Avoid trading with bad-mannered stealers. check BNET ID!

Looking for:
5OS 15ED 3AR
Eth
/non-
Eth
Berserker Axe

3OS 15ED15MD
Archon Plate
I use all my characters for the task they are best suited for when loot farming.

Sorc - TP to Countess, kill her. TP to Andy, kill all the trash in her room and then kill her. TP to Summoner, kill him. TP around
Lower Kurast
. Pop chests. TP to Meph, kill all the vampires/ council and moat him dead. Go kill Shenk/ Eldrich/ Pindle.

Go back to Act 2, find the right tomb and TP around to find the way to
Duriel
. Swap to necro.

Walk through the correct tomb, kill
Duriel

Teleport
(with charges) to Chaos Sanc. Kill everything then Kill Diablo.

Walk through
Halls of Pain
. Kill
Nihlathak

Walk through WSK killing everything along the way. Kill Waves. Leave
Baal
Alive.

Go to act 1. Get Leg. Open Cows. Switch to Zon.

Clear Cows. Any lightning/ physical Immunities left, switch to
Zeal
/
Smite
Pally. Murder any cows left. Go murder
Baal
Every now and then I'll make a game and clear everything (kill every enemy on every map from
Blood Moor
to
Baal
, not open all chests/break barrels necessarily)

It's a nice change of pace, but it would be cool to be able to do it online at /players8 so it's more of a challenge and less of a tour haha
Every time I run ubers with my Paladin I make sure to clear all 3 areas completely (more fun). Normally I dont bother with
Uber Tristram
, mostly cuz of physical immunes.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
rikus wrote: 2 years ago

That's how I do my mf runs.
Mausoleum
, trust, cows, countess, Pitts,
Andariel
Act 1. Sewers, halls of the dead,ancients tunnels, arcane, tombs Act 2. I start in
Great Marsh
then walk through Durante Act3. All of Act 4. And usually get an invite from someone or help or trade by act 5

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Takro 13

Europe PC
I can only do about 10 MF runs before I get bored.

When I am levelling new characters I never rush and like to play through all the quests. it's fair more enjoyable that way. I regularly name games "slowly" and reduce the number of players, hoping to find someone who likes the same game play, though sadly I've not met anyone yet.

If anyone likes to play slowly feel free to message me.
I wish we had an achievment called "The Cleansing": in a single game, kill EVERY SINGLE MONSTER in EVERY SINGLE AREA of the game.

But for that we would have to be able to see monster count per area and see monsters on the minimap otherwise it would be boring AF.

"The Cleansing" would be a good endurance test. It would also be interesting because you would be forced to deal with immunities.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago

(...)

Ahm, yeah, got me :)

I really like to have a look in every chest, crack every barrel and take my time to check and organize the loot.
And I really dont like to rush or to over-optimize my char or my way through the unlimited loot.

Stood Awhile and listend.

PSN: Seltsem
PSN: Wiesenliese
PC: Inkunzi#2318

Only trading items for items - no RMT, no FG.

To trade on PlayStation, it is not necessary to first send and confirm a friend request
You can also PM me for when ladder starts.
Got joy with my summon necro to run the game slowly. Could join forces in cleaning areas. I also like to visit areas not often visited by standard run people. Hit me up and perhaps we can enjoy few games together in the future.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I take my time to do runs too. Not doing full clear all the time tho. The only area I do full clear might be cows.
I like to open chests, urns and such, they blessed me with good loot many times.

Some times, when I need something specific or want to see what I can get in xx-runs I do the same run over and over again but then I might not visit this area for a few days anymore. I also do have a good bunch of Characters to do different stuff so I don't get bored so fast.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
I would say I'm more of the middle Ground, I like to clear some areas and pop chests and others I just want to get thru as fast as possible and only stop for champion/unique monsters.
High level areas like pits I always clear everything, most open act areas I only stop to kill a few mobs I spot on my way.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...