Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 comments   18009 views

Description

Cathan's Traps is an early game caster set for builds focused on fire damage. Although it boasts some decent resistances and Magic Find, there is little reason to complete the set, and it's severely lacking in Faster Cast Rate. The ring also makes little sense for spellcasters.

However, the set grants a decent amount of added fire damage to attacks, so it can allow even casters to brawl in melee combat in Normal.
Description by Khegan

Can be used to make Runewords:

On the trade market

Active trades (latest 20, 3h cache):

Prices and Demand

Sold for: (last 10, 3d lag, 1d cache)

3 Perfect Amethyst    3 months ago
2 Perfect Amethyst    1 year ago
1 Pul , 9 Ral    1 year ago
1 Lem    1 year ago
3 Perfect Amethyst    1 year ago
5 Perfect Gems    1 year ago
1 Ral    2 years ago
3 hel , 2 tal    2 years ago

Sales volume (last 18m, 3d cache):

Cathan's Traps

Teebling Admin

Europe PC
Cathan's Traps is an early game caster set for builds focused on fire damage. Although it boasts some decent resistances and Magic Find, there is little reason to complete the set, and it's severely lacking in Faster Cast Rate. The ring also makes little sense for spellcasters.

However, the set grants a decent amount of added fire damage to attacks, so it can allow even casters to brawl in melee combat in Normal.
Image of Sorceress wearing Cathan's Traps:
(Armor, Helm, and Staff visible)
Cathan could not figure out if he was melee or wizard.
Currently using it on a Sorceress Build I started this week and honestly just blazed past Act 1-3 once I hit lvl 11 to wear the set.

If you're doing a fire build it will carry you in to Act 4 easily, allowing you to pivot to another build or gear set later on.
I'd say forget everything except
Cathan's Visage
and
Cathan's Rule
. But these two give casters at lvl 11 +70 to Mana, mana regen and +15-30 fire damage whenever you run out of mana. And 70 mana is huge at this stage. There is no other item combination that I know of that gives more at this point. And ofc you get +1 fire skills if you need that.
And Cathan must have been one the greatest sorcerers of all time. You can even find this gear in hell so he must have been there with this equipment! Legend..dary!
Something I've recently found out: This set is lovely for leveling a
Holy Fire
zealot early game. The strength, res, LSPH, mana, Fdamage, and AR boost makes it fit a young palli very well. And no need for FCR because you're just using the aura,
Charge
, HS, and
Sacrifice
as alt abilities. Run that with Angelic sword and ring and you've got an interesting and effective build.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...