Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   2536 views

Description

wondering if anyone else has any D2R superstitions they have? my big two are i dont like deckard id things for me. i think he rolls quite shitly so i dont let him id stuff for me, the logical part of my brain knows it makes no difference, but i still dont do it. the other is i feel like its bad joo joo to hold alt while im killing a large group of monster, like if im doing cows and there is a huge herd i prefer to kill the whole herd before i press alt and check the drops (obviously not in public games of course). anyone else have anything like that they do?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
wondering if anyone else has any D2R superstitions they have? my big two are i dont like deckard id things for me. i think he rolls quite shitly so i dont let him id stuff for me, the logical part of my brain knows it makes no difference, but i still dont do it. the other is i feel like its bad joo joo to hold alt while im killing a large group of monster, like if im doing cows and there is a huge herd i prefer to kill the whole herd before i press alt and check the drops (obviously not in public games of course). anyone else have anything like that they do?

BillyMaysed 2189Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
my big two are i dont like deckard id things for me. i think he rolls quite shitly so i dont let him id stuff for me, the logical part of my brain knows it makes no difference, but i still dont do it
Lol this made me laugh. That bastard deckard always giving shitty rolls!

I almost never ID things with deckard, but because im so impatient the second i find ANYTHING i immediately ID it with the tome. xD

I am compelled every single time to pop the dead crucified rogue in the fire at the back-left corner of Catacombs Lvl 4 after I kill Andy. I know it's just gold but I can't not do it.

Add BigSmelly#11936 on Bnet for fastest response

See my listings here and feel free to make an offer -- I will usually consider Perfect Gems and I am ALWAYS looking for Magic Vampirebone GIoves

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
I once saw a streamer identify a crucial item by going to the
Chaos Sanctuary
, killing monsters and using the very first
Scroll of Identify
that would drop there, lol.
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
I knew I wasn't the only one that feels this way. I know that logically speaking, it doesn't matter, but my gut instinct always gets the better of me. I use Cain to ID rares and below, uniques I always ID them myself, that way I can only rage at myself and RNG for whatever bad rolls.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
I knew I wasn't the only one that feels this way. I know that logically speaking, it doesn't matter, but my gut instinct always gets the better of me. I use Cain to ID rares and below, uniques I always ID them myself, that way I can only rage at myself and RNG for whatever bad rolls.
But what if the
Scroll of Identify
you used was a bad one? Do you trust the scrolls from
Akara
/
Drognan
/
Ormus
/
Jamella
/
Malah
enough? Or do you only use the found ones?

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
that is a serious accusation.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Playing D2 has always been a hodgepodge of superstistions and the weirdest habbist you could possibly imagine .....

Good loot can ONLY drop on Friday nights

You have to kill stuff in a certain order for best drops

Pindle was nerfed multiple times

Meph drops better loot if you kill him after diablo is dead

Uniques that you have equipped will never drop for that character again

You could write 10 books about these things and there would still be thousands more you never heard of ;-)

Yes, we D2 players are a effin' weird bunch.
OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
But what if the
Scroll of Identify
you used was a bad one? Do you trust the scrolls from
Akara
/
Drognan
/
Ormus
/
Jamella
/
Malah
enough? Or do you only use the found ones?
i trust
Akara
i know shes cool, we go way back.
Drognan
hell no pretty sure he sells duped items on the side that disapear,
Ormus
he's ok but a little to chatty for my like,
Jamella
also cool, and I like
Malah
but she smells like an old person, bengay and moth balls. never
Deckard Cain
though. pretty sure he switches sojs with nagel rings when your not looking.
Love it ;d I'm sure I'll remember other superstitions later but for now I can share the only one popping in my head - I'd never go any other route than up first while doing Arcane - don't know why, don't ask me ;d
OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
@suja.ths lol thats another one i do. expcept for me its right path.
Omg i love this thread, not much pops in my head right now except for i always choose left path in arcane.
I usually have a lot of superstitions about how improve my chances to get the items I'm farming, but not in D2, I just figured the RNG here is a big piece of shit that doesn't care anything of what you do.
Yeah, once I thought trading a HR with somebody magically increases your chances of getting one - I sold Titan's and like 5min later got an HR from a random box. Ever since then I've been getting trash all the time xd

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Never look at something immediately after IDing it. Always ID it with a scroll from my
Belt
and move it to the stash.

Never ID stuff in the game I found it. Always save+exit (if its a noteworthy item) and ID in the next game.

Never ID solo torches, only ID in batches of 3's.

Summoner is always the opposite direction of where I think.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I never gamble with
Gheed
, he is a scammer.
Jamella
or
Anya
are ok.
more of a conspiracy. i believe there are loot tables. its why we keep getting the same damn item to drop over and over. saw a streamer that has had like 20 shakos drop. I know RNG is RNG but a loot table actually makes a little bit of sense.
I feel like I get "lucky" by filling my personal stash full of unid loot, then making a game and going trough everything piece by piece. Something to look forward to.
BigSmelly wrote: 2 years ago
I am compelled every single time to pop the dead crucified rogue in the fire at the back-left corner of Catacombs Lvl 4 after I kill Andy. I know it's just gold but I can't not do it.
This is so weird because I do the exact same thing.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
syllab wrote: 2 years ago
I feel like I get "lucky" by filling my personal stash full of unid loot.
This actually has potential for being a feature.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...