Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1602 views

Edit post should be prohibited, if not last

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Your post should be only editable if you are the last poster on the trade. (or the creator/operator of the trade).

I had the case, that someone bid an
Ist
+
Fal
rune.
About 40mins after that I bid an
Ist
+
Um
rune.
I rechecked that trade, and now I see, that my former competitor edited his bid also to an
Ist
+
Um
rune.

trade/andariel-s-visage-t516965.html

Additional info:
I didn't get a push notification on that trade. Because it was just an edit and no new post.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Your post should be only editable if you are the last poster on the trade. (or the creator/operator of the trade).

I had the case, that someone bid an
Ist
+
Fal
rune.
About 40mins after that I bid an
Ist
+
Um
rune.
I rechecked that trade, and now I see, that my former competitor edited his bid also to an
Ist
+
Um
rune.

trade/andariel-s-visage-t516965.html

Additional info:
I didn't get a push notification on that trade. Because it was just an edit and no new post.
Double-edged sword - on one hand, your point, on the other removing offers once you got your item already (which saves both your and the seller's time as well as lets another person, who offered, get the item quicker)

In my opinion, regarding your point, I think that that's a fair market. If you want something, check again later how the trade goes yourself - they are all under "watching". Edit your own offer to
Ist
+
Um
+
Fal
or whatever. These are not cutthroat tactics in my book. After all the seller might have already seen the offer of
Ist
+
Fal
, didn't like it and moved on without checking again for ninja-edits.

I agree though that editing the offer to exactly the same as yours is a bit of a dick move.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

BillyMaysed 2199Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I agree with @Queegon , its an open market and anyone can bid anything they want, edit their bid, haggle lower, overbid or even PM a seller or buyer and snatch a trade from someone else, even if that might seem "rude" to another player.

The only thing that is against our rules is trade poaching, where you post your item thats for sale on another persons trade thread selling the same thing. Even then, nothing stopping someone from PMing any of the buyers either. First come, first serve. Its also the sellers choice of who they want to pick, they could even pick someone bidding lower if they feel like it.

OP
Why you need to withdrawn your offer, if it's not the newest post?
In almost all cases the last post is that with the most valued offer. If you wrote it, you should be allowed to withdrawn it.

A "fair market" is in my understanding something, that is "common sense/accepted unwritten rules" of the community, how to use the market.
In simple words. If everyone plays with the same rulebook, no one feels betrayed at the end. If someone tries to bend the rules, others gets mad at it what diminishes the fun for them.

Similar example is with the trading window. Selling a
Harlequin Crest
for an
Ist
rune and hot swapping it with a 1os
Emerald
Shako
and then blaming the receiver, he could check it better, so it's his fault.

Only because it's possible and not forbidden it shouldn't be accepted by others.

It's a game. Let's have fun for everyone. If people don't understand that.. well the game has also a single player mode. ;-)
Sounds a lot like gatekeeping to me. Not everyone will agree with your view on fun and rules, and that is fine.

Right, I'm out.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

BillyMaysed 2199Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Kosh_ch wrote: 2 years ago
If everyone plays with the same rulebook, no one feels betrayed at the end.
There is no rule book, to your own point, this is just a video game. In a video game, players hands should not be tied to a list of rules, only game-play mechanics, not someones personal ideal of what "fair" is. This is also a D2 database website with a trade section, not an official blizzard trade site.

@Kosh_ch Chill ;-) You're taking things a bit too serious.

That being said a certain "trade etiquette" wouldn't hurt. Trading is a bit of a wild west kinda thing.

For example ... it's common practise for ppl to bid on say 10 shakos. They "win" one and happily go their way. Maybe they made a pretty good offer and would have won another 5 Shakos and actually did. But they already got their item and don't care about the abandoned bids.

For those 5 sellers that sucks quite a bit. They are waiting to get in touch with a buyer who never retracted their offer and by waiting a day or more you DO lose value on certain items.

If you bid on something then you should be committed to that bid until you win or retract. That's how I do my trades as a buyer and seller. I know that's just how *I* feel and do things but I think a little less wild west attitude would go a long way.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...