Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
61 replies   13851 views

Description

I cannot undestend pricing espesially for low Grifon? How it can cost anything?
Please help me with the reason. You can use cheap TL set + 2-3 jewels and you will have -30 lighting resistance and excellent parameters for a very low price...
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Please help me with the reason. You can use cheap TL set + 2-3 jewels and you will have -30 lighting resistance and excellent parameters for a very low price...
Even if I had a stash full of bers I wouldnt buy that.
You can make more runewords and buy better gear for all chars, if you know what to look out for.
And thats an advice especially for the new players, and even more for those who ve never played D2 years ago.
When you think you found a good item, or a good offer, double check its price, make sure you dont spend or swap something more valuable, for the thing u getting

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
suslik wrote: 2 years ago
Prices in D2 are a very weird and fickle Beast. The strangest things can be worth insane amounts. Like the jewelers
Monarch

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Maybe because it is one of the rarest items to drop from bosses, and can only be found in level 84+ areas. Same story with
Death's Web

Sorceress Americas PC
Bryght wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe because it is one of the rarest items to drop from bosses, and can only be found in level 84+ areas. Same story with
Death's Web
Also this. lol. xD

Sorceress Americas PC
KrassusD2 wrote: 2 years ago
it's guys like you that end up with no GG gear whatsoever. this ain't a fixed economy fam, and try as you might, you can't have it like that. you will always find people who value things differently than you, and you come off as arrogant when you say you're the one who knows what something is worth.
he was responding to another guy who left a rude comment. lol

Lets keep it civil.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Griffon's Eye
is hard to find and BiS for light sorc and javazon, so it's worth a lot.
But lots of people are also asking an arm and a leg for fairly common or crappy set/uniques and it unsurprisingly doesn't sell well.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Prices in D2 are a very weird and fickle Beast. The strangest things can be worth insane amounts. Like the jewelers
Monarch
yes the jewelers
Monarch
is something i cant quite wrap my head around still trying to figure out what makes a blue
Monarch
with 4os very valuable. what are people putting in it thats so awesome that they couldnt just put in a regular 4os
Monarch
. i get that you can have jewelers
Monarch
of the mammoth and have some life added, but still adding a bit of life doesnt seem like something that would sky rocket something in value.
I payed
Lo
rune for Griffon's and it was so worth.
Can't speak to the specific pricings, but for a
Helm
that offers:
+1 to all skills
decent defense
FCR
-enemy res and +lightning dmg

and can potentially be socketed with another rainbow facet, it's easy to see why it is considered BIS for Javazon/lightning sorc.

The rarity of the drop only adds to the price-factor, although as you mention low-rolls aren't worth as much as some ask for.

For the higher rolls and perfects, though, it can be worth the asking price

Add BigSmelly#11936 on Bnet for fastest response

See my listings here and feel free to make an offer -- I will usually consider Perfect Gems and I am ALWAYS looking for Magic Vampirebone GIoves
Few factors go into the price - first is the reduced resist mood is not easily available in other items more commonly available and dramatically improves relevant builds. Secondly those builds are popular like lightning sorcs and javazons. Lastly the base item only drops in the highest level areas which tend to be only run by seasoned, well geared players.

Put all that together and you have lots of sustained demand and constricted supply.

Jmod is similar - it allows max block with lots of powerful jewels, but finding one requires unconventional and time consuming searches. It also contributes to pvp gearing that is not always obvious to newer players.
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Monarch
yes the jewelers
Monarch
is something i cant quite wrap my head around still trying to figure out what makes a blue
Monarch
with 4os very valuable. what are people putting in it thats so awesome that they couldnt just put in a regular 4os
Monarch
. i get that you can have jewelers
Monarch
of the mammoth and have some life added, but still adding a bit of life doesnt seem like something that would sky rocket something in value.
Plain Jeweller's
Monarch
(i.e. with no suffix) is obviously worse than a normal one, since cannot be used for RWs.
The most valuable is Jeweller's
Monarch
of Deflecting (4 sox, +20% Increased Blocking, 30% Faster Block Rate), commonly referred to as JMOD.

Amazon javelins is a similar story. The best (and most expensive) is "6/40" (+6 javelin skills (+3 automod, +3 from Lancer's prefix), +40% IAS).
Same with 4 sox, +100 life armors.

All those magic items have insane prices because of their rarity. Many players are looking for uniques, sets and runes, and because of ignorance (assuming that unique > rare > magic, and not understanding that although magic items have fewer bonuses than rares, they have better ones) don't even bother which picking up magic items, so there are very very few of them available on the market.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
thank you. i always knew that magic items can have better bonuses the rares and uniques, but i didnt know about all the other stuff you mentioned. i guess ill have to start picking up javelins now to :). any particular
Javelin
that is looked for?
Not only that but most helms aside from circlets and tiaras on amazon/sorc look like a toddler playing dress up with their parents clothes :3

If you can afford it you're also paying for /showhelm.
I play light sorc I thing griffen worth the price. If u want fcr brake point 25% on griffen help lots with + 1 skill and - + lighting . U can socket other part with mf or other 5/5 for faster run speed. I think I clear the run 30% faster
OP
The most strange situation with Death web. 70 ppl are trying to sell it for
Lo
-
Jah
. Who will buy all 70 wards? Looks like people not thinking about real value and just make easy monney
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Amazon javelins is a similar story. The best (and most expensive) is "6/40" (+6 javelin skills (+3 automod, +3 from Lancer's prefix), +40% IAS).
I never played a Javazon seriously, does weapon damage not matter for their main skill?
I thought this Thread was about Griffon

Sorceress Americas PC
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
I never played a Javazon seriously, does weapon damage not matter for their main skill?
Weapon dmg isn't really a concern since everything melts with
Lightning Fury
and
Charged Strike
. Esp if you have Infinity. But i do like having an Ethereal Titan's for those pesky lite immunes. Also MUCH cheaper than a 6/40 lol
Downlord wrote: 2 years ago
I thought this Thread was about Griffon
As long as people are being polite they can discuss anything D2 related. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation