Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
72 replies   9317 views

Common issues/problems (what is being worked on for the next website patch)

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Good job mate.

I know your pain (as a dev myself), and I'm aware of this unexpected popularity of D2R which not only slowed things down here but also brought the game servers to a slog. While I do beilieve blizz should have done a better job about it (as they took my money) I still feel for them, 20 years of legacy code, that's some serious shit.

As for the people who built this site, I can give nothing but my gratitude. Seriously I am not even aware this site is *that* new, I thought it's a mature website or at least have been planned for D2R for quite a bit of time, given how awesome the overall design is.

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
Morphin wrote: 2 years ago
Seriously I am not even aware this site is *that* new, I thought it's a mature website or at least have been planned for D2R for quite a bit of time, given how awesome the overall design is.
Yeah, the number of people who have started showing up here to yell at blizzard as if this is the official forums speaks a great deal for how well made it is. Even if it does give me a very strong urge to hit them with a blunt object... lol
Thank you for talking the time to host/develop this site as well as provide an update with some of the common challenges users are facing with the sudden spike in website load.

Out of curiosity how much traffic ingress/egress does the site have on a daily basis?

PC: NA
I can usually be reached between 8am and 8pm PST/8PDT via my battle.net tag.
OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
About 500,000 pageviews a day. Concurrent online is anywhere between 1000-3000.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
About 500,000 pageviews a day. Concurrent online is anywhere between 1000-3000.
These are big PP numbers.

Just had a question about the filters, I'm trying to just view trades for playstation, is it broken or does no one on playstation trade here? Lol
Just did a bit of reading and found it is a known issue, thanks for creating this website

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yep, and the fix for the Playstation item search should be coming in the website patch coming in the next few days.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Just want to say thanks for making this awesome website!!!
Thanks for putting in the effort! I look forward to 1.0
OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Test

Website is working like a Dream now. None of the lag searching for items for me. (Which is the bestest and most important part.)
man, I fully understand when you design something for a purpose and expected traffic, and overnight, everything goes crazy. especially if you're not a developer by trade, and just maintain the site as a hobby.
my first project at work was expected to be used by 28 employees and ended up being deployed and implemented by 15,000, I was very lucky that I was provided the server capacity to make it work, or i'd have ended up in good old grid lock world, just like this place was.

Great work on the site, don't worry about the people complaining, just means people are really eager to use your service (which you don't
Charge
for)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation