Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   2062 views

Description

so i was in a cows game today with 8 ppl and a unique ring dropped on the Ground, i was by myself and tried to grab it but i died. so i was in a rush to get back to the ring and just kept dying. so because i kept dying and kept trying to pick up this ring i ended up grabbing alot of trash that would get equipped to my body. by the time i got the ring( which was a god damn
Manald Heal
btw) and got all my bodies, my
Boots
( war travs) were just gone. poof. picked up all my bodies and they are gone g o n e gone. kinda frustrating, but nothing i can do eh? just wondering if someone else has experienced this?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
so i was in a cows game today with 8 ppl and a unique ring dropped on the Ground, i was by myself and tried to grab it but i died. so i was in a rush to get back to the ring and just kept dying. so because i kept dying and kept trying to pick up this ring i ended up grabbing alot of trash that would get equipped to my body. by the time i got the ring( which was a god damn
Manald Heal
btw) and got all my bodies, my
Boots
( war travs) were just gone. poof. picked up all my bodies and they are gone g o n e gone. kinda frustrating, but nothing i can do eh? just wondering if someone else has experienced this?
yes. happened to y the other day with my smitter facing Lillith.

I died, and gabbed najs puzzle to fast tele to by mody. picked it up but because I had najs puzzel I could not equipped my
Flail
and shield. They were not on the Ground ... nowhere. just disapeared. Hopefully it was a cheap smitter with a Black flial + 4
Diamond
Targe
but it is clearly a bug there.
:( RIP

Deleted User 54930 0

I remember this happening in OG days. Basically you picked up trash that you put on and then had no room when you picked up your body. The War Travs most likely were thrown to the Ground during one of your deaths. Just my 2cents. It is annoying but ... read @WeisseWaldHexe's post and you'll realize that while you're upset, there's always worse things that can happen. And remember the good times. Always more fun to have despite the annoyances. Cheers.
No i went back for my gear and it was not on the Ground. I doubled check everything because I was out of weapons to finish lillith and uber traistram. i did not want the diablo parts to go to waste. There was nothing near my body

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yep this is an old annoying bug that they haven't fixed when you equip other items before body pick up. This is why if i die, i always auto-leave and rejoin. Make sure the game is perm'd or have a friend if its an Uber game, but no MF game is worth losing items or even wasting the time it takes to try and get your body back WITH the risk of losing items lol.

OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
yeah if i had known about this bug, i probably would have just done as you suggested @BillyMaysed , but alas i did not, and while i am kinda miffed it happened theres really nothing i can do about it, so no point in getting that upset about it. luckily they were the trashiest of trashiest war travs(30%) so not the greatest loss and due to this wonderful website I already got another pair. live and learn.

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
yeah if i had known about this bug, i probably would have just done as you suggested @BillyMaysed , but alas i did not, and while i am kinda miffed it happened theres really nothing i can do about it, so no point in getting that upset about it. luckily they were the trashiest of trashiest war travs(30%) so not the greatest loss and due to this wonderful website I already got another pair. live and learn.
i saw several posts from people who lost Griefs and Enigma's due to this glitch recently. could always be worse. lol

OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
i saw several posts from people who lost Griefs and Enigma's due to this glitch recently. could always be worse. lol
oh yeah i had Chains of Honor, Hoto, maras also equipped and could lost ne 1 of those and that woulda been alot worse to lose ne one of those.
lost highlords, daraculs,
Dwarf Star
and ravenfrost to uber deaths.
We already killed Dia/
Baal
/Meph, torch dropped, all 3 ppl had a torch in stach, i (smiter) went back to put my torch in stach and had not enough strg to wear all my gear (red). I entered portal, died , entered portal again, picked up some stuff i could wear an died again - i relogged and the whole items i wore were gone bc only one body respawns if u relog...
Sad day tho ^^'
Hi, afaik this only happens if you die, equip other items, die again and then leave the game because when you re-enter the game, there is only one corpse you can pick up (which cant hold more than 1 item per slot).
So the game just takes the "newest" items which where equipped to the body.
Therefore: leaving is the problem, not dying several times. At least if you equipped items to your body and then died again.

Playing Diablo 2 for over 20 years.
Always in need of Runes, Keys/Organs and PGems!
Also check my Profile for open trades :)

Bryght 131

Druid Europe PC
Zerum wrote: 2 years ago
Hi, afaik this only happens if you die, equip other items, die again and then leave the game because when you re-enter the game, there is only one corpse you can pick up (which cant hold more than 1 item per slot).
So the game just takes the "newest" items which where equipped to the body.
Therefore: leaving is the problem, not dying several times. At least if you equipped items to your body and then died again.
I think this isn't totally true. If I remember correctly the game doesn't just take the newest items, but whichever corpse had the most total vendor gold value.
Bryght wrote: 2 years ago
I think this isn't totally true. If I remember correctly the game doesn't just take the newest items, but whichever corpse had the most total vendor gold value.
That might be true, it's just too many years for me which have passed in the meantime :D

Playing Diablo 2 for over 20 years.
Always in need of Runes, Keys/Organs and PGems!
Also check my Profile for open trades :)
OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
no that cant be true cuz i never left the game i checked multiple times for any other bodies and there were none i hade pcied them all up. the item just vanished from my inventory.
If you die a certain amount of times without picking up your the original body with the gear will disappear. Though I thought it was something crazy like 50 deaths. I remember reading a thread about it on d2jsp years ago.

I quick googled it and there are a lot of stories like yours. Some say corpses start overwriting at 16 bodies multiple other threads say 23. Either way I wouldn't be going full Leeroy Jenkins for shinies any time soon.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...