Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   8162 views

Description

If you have any cool in-game screenshots of Resurrected NPCs, Monsters, Areas, Skills or anything else of interest, please upload attach them to the database pages in comments! This type of contribution is a big improvement to the site's information and an easy way to help out :) I will be giving people contributor status for significant effort put in here.

Here's how:

Crop your screenshots so that they're framed to focus on the object/entity being considered, like in this example for the NPC
Jamella
:
Jamella in the Pandemonium Fortress
Or this one for the Area
Stony Field
:
Lighting the Cairn Stones in Stony Field
Then go to the page the image is 'about', and make a new comment in the full editor. Then you can attach your cropped screenshot by dragging it into the editor, adding some text, then pressing Submit. You can upload more than one at a time. But guys, please don't upload your screenshot if there's already something similar on the page...

Lastly, if the image wasn't taken by you, please provide full credit or leave a link to the original.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
If you have any cool in-game screenshots of Resurrected NPCs, Monsters, Areas, Skills or anything else of interest, please upload attach them to the database pages in comments! This type of contribution is a big improvement to the site's information and an easy way to help out :) I will be giving people contributor status for significant effort put in here.

Here's how:

Crop your screenshots so that they're framed to focus on the object/entity being considered, like in this example for the NPC
Jamella
:
Or this one for the Area
Stony Field
:
Then go to the page the image is 'about', and make a new comment in the full editor. Then you can attach your cropped screenshot by dragging it into the editor, adding some text, then pressing Submit. You can upload more than one at a time. But guys, please don't upload your screenshot if there's already something similar on the page...

Lastly, if the image wasn't taken by you, please provide full credit or leave a link to the original.

copypaste areas you need screenshot of; and should it be including or not including map

Bnet ID:
Saiko9#1863
PSN ID:
Psnmatifierro
pico123 wrote: 2 years ago
copypaste areas you need screenshot of; and should it be including or not including map
I'd wager that it in almost all cases should not include the map.
Atleast in most cases the map is not useful, as the layout is not static. ( Although some are, but those are _usually_ towns or A5 areas

If the map would add value, i'd suggest having it as two separate images, so as not to clutter the actual image with the overlay map
I only play with the old graphics for now.
Would you still want my screenshots with the old graphics?

HFA 40

Sorceress Europe PC
You mean like these kinds of things?

"Once you've found
The Gidbinn
for the '
Blade of the Old Religion
' quest, bring it to
Ormus
. After that, talk to
Asheara
to complete the quest"

I'm doing a Sorceress playthrough and taking things pretty chill (...yes, it's a cold sorc), so if there are some requests or anything I can take the time to crop some screenshots throughout the playthrough :)
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
HFA wrote: 2 years ago
You mean like these kinds of things?

"Once you've found
The Gidbinn
for the '
Blade of the Old Religion
' quest, bring it to
Ormus
. After that, talk to
Asheara
to complete the quest"
Precisely, that would work really well IMO.

HFA 40

Sorceress Europe PC
Cool! How do I add the neat little arrow pointing up at the image and the text under it?
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
In the column called 'Caption' that mini-text box there is where you type the caption in.

HFA 40

Sorceress Europe PC
Ahh, great!

I've tried adding the
Asheara
image to the about page of the quest with a caption, but it's telling me my message contains too few characters. Do I need to write some text within the post itself to be able to upload it?

When I try to preview my message with just the attachment and caption, it shows up empty. If I then add a character in the post itself, it shows that character and then the image with the caption as well.

EnragedN3wb 188Moderator

PC
If you click the "Place" button it will put the code for the attachment in the text box. This will work-around the txt requirement & keep the post clean with only the image & caption.

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

Not sure if someone will find this cool or not but if you are trying to figure out what class it is but can't see them clearly. An Assassin stand with her right foot forward, An Amazon stands with her left foot forward while a Sorceress stands squared up.

Why is the attachments showing up like a link ?

Sixt 23

Sorceress Europe PC
Nice detail, I like it :D
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
A cool one I took a day or two ago somewhere in Act IV. Don't know where else to put it but enjoy :) Medium graphics settings.

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

Sooo close but Sooo far away too. But i love those resists

BillyMaysed 2189Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I noticed our most popular database page
Harlequin Crest
didn't have any screen shots yet so i started posting some and it seems most database items are still in need of some sweet in-game pics!

1. find any database entry without a pic
2. Go in-game and Shift + Window Key + S to crop a pic of said item/skill/area
3. Then Ctrl + V into a comment on said database entry and insto-presto you're a contributor.

Would greatly appreciate any help other members can give. :D

Examples:

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
I noticed our most popular database page
Harlequin Crest
didn't have any screen shots yet so i started posting some and it seems most database items are still in need of some sweet in-game pics!

1. find any database entry without a pic
2. Go in-game and Shift + Window Key + S to crop a pic of said item/skill/area
3. Then Ctrl + V into a comment on said database entry and insto-presto you're a contributor.

Would greatly appreciate any help other members can give. :D

Examples:

screen shots2.png
screen shots1.png
So, what do we think about updating existing pictures? Like one with portal - I could probably do one without character and animate it to show real-time appearance. Also edit some of the shots from areas so that they don't have any interfering objects on them, like characters, mercenaries etc.

Sorceress Americas PC
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
So, what do we think about updating existing pictures? Like one with portal - I could probably do one without character and aninate it to show real-time appearance
Really? You could make it like a Gif? That would be awesome! It would be extremely helpful for ones that need animating like the barbarians
Whirlwind
or the druids
Hurricane
or
Cyclone Armor
. I'm not satisfied with the stills i took :/
Also edit some of the shots from areas so that they don't have any interfering objects on them, like characters, mercenaries etc.
Honestly i thought more people would be into posting screen shots but the vast majority of database entries don't have any, so i was hoping to just get ANY screen shots and they didnt have to be "perfect" but it definitely wouldn't hurt. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated man.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
So, what do we think about updating existing pictures? Like one with portal - I could probably do one without character and aninate it to show real-time appearance
Really? You could make it like a Gif? That would be awesome! It would be extremely helpful for ones that need animating like the barbarians
Whirlwind
or the druids
Hurricane
or
Cyclone Armor
. I'm not satisfied with the stills i took :/
Also edit some of the shots from areas so that they don't have any interfering objects on them, like characters, mercenaries etc.
Honestly i thought more people would be into posting screen shots but the vast majority of database entries don't have any, so i was hoping to just get ANY screen shots and they didnt have to be "perfect" but it definitely wouldn't hurt. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated man.
I'll give it try when I get some free time.
Sure they can be made into gif.

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
Uploading gifs works! See
Recipe: Portal to the Secret Cow Level

It needs to be under 10mb though, what i did was use ScreenToGif to grab a 100mb-ish gif and upload to giphy to use their compression, they have a social media setting <5mb which is really good.

I'll try to upload some more cool ones I can think of, sounds like a fun hobby :D

Sorceress Americas PC
Peacku wrote: 2 years ago
Uploading gifs works! See
Recipe: Portal to the Secret Cow Level

It needs to be under 5mb though, what i did was use ScreenToGif to grab a 100mb-ish gif and upload to giphy to use their compression, they have a social media setting <5mb which is really good.

I'll try to upload some more cool ones I can think of, sounds like a fun hobby :D
Hell yea that looks awesome! Thanks a lot for helping out Peacku. I'll see if i can get a gif to work for one of the skills lol.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation