Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
45 replies   2986 views

Update: 2.4 launches April 14th, Ladder launches April 28th!

No data yet

Description

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... &context=3
Blizzard wrote:
We will have an update on this later this week along with some hard dates. Unfortunately that ETA of end of month has pushed out. But isn’t 4 months or anywhere near.
Blizzard wrote:
Well I think we can do better at communicating still and I think people saw the comment and were under bated breath waiting for that communication. Unfortunately we needed to do some digging on our end and we still are on our side. But I promise for some comms later this week. I think some people may have noticed, a maintenance didn’t go as planned last week and we are investigating and getting all the details so you all are properly informed on what happened. We will also talk about that.
Seems the database issues introduced during the recent maintenance has caused 2.4 and Ladder to be pushed back. Bummer, not the update I was looking forward to but I appreciate the communication.

EDIT: New post from Pez today (3/23).
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... /116561/18
Blizzard wrote:
The official post will be on the forums tomorrow regarding 2.4. In the post we will have specific dates for release so people can prepare for 2.4 and ladder launch.
EDIT 2: Hard dates given.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... 4th/116775
Blizzard wrote:
With that maintenance, we should be good to go for getting 2.4 out to users. 2.4 is currently planned for an April 14 release—Ladder will follow two weeks later on April 28.
Description by DarkMaster

Can be used to make Runewords:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... &context=3
Blizzard wrote:
We will have an update on this later this week along with some hard dates. Unfortunately that ETA of end of month has pushed out. But isn’t 4 months or anywhere near.
Blizzard wrote:
Well I think we can do better at communicating still and I think people saw the comment and were under bated breath waiting for that communication. Unfortunately we needed to do some digging on our end and we still are on our side. But I promise for some comms later this week. I think some people may have noticed, a maintenance didn’t go as planned last week and we are investigating and getting all the details so you all are properly informed on what happened. We will also talk about that.
Seems the database issues introduced during the recent maintenance has caused 2.4 and Ladder to be pushed back. Bummer, not the update I was looking forward to but I appreciate the communication.

EDIT: New post from Pez today (3/23).
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... /116561/18
Blizzard wrote:
The official post will be on the forums tomorrow regarding 2.4. In the post we will have specific dates for release so people can prepare for 2.4 and ladder launch.
EDIT 2: Hard dates given.
Blizzard wrote:
With that maintenance, we should be good to go for getting 2.4 out to users. 2.4 is currently planned for an April 14 release—Ladder will follow two weeks later on April 28.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Sugar... these database issues they're having just keep coming back time and time again.

Tbh while this isn't the news I was expecting, it's good to see that they are sticking with their guns and making sure the game is really stable before Ladder goes live.

Sad noises. Lol, it’s fine if they are working hard for a smooth gameplay experience :D
"But isn’t 4 months or anywhere near" is a little disheartening... 4 months is a looooong ways off. We can speculate all we want but that's just not something I wanted to hear. I'd say 50 isn't anywhere near 100, ya know?
Less than 4 months? This is already pleasing. We have been waiting for this event for a long time. Of course, it is better to solve the problems as early as possible. Hopefully it will take less than 1 month.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
okay pushing back ladder is fine, since the servers def need to be 100% stable. but for fucks sake launch 2.4 already!!!!! i want to play my zoo drood!

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
okay pushing back ladder is fine, since the servers def need to be 100% stable. but for fucks sake launch 2.4 already!!!!! i want to play my zoo drood!
Do you have a plan for which character to start playing with the new patch? Is there an interesting build? I would also like to know and start the game with a new interesting character. My favorite character today is
The Summoner
necromancer.
Hagawa wrote: 2 years ago
"But isn’t 4 months or anywhere near" is a little disheartening... 4 months is a looooong ways off. We can speculate all we want but that's just not something I wanted to hear. I'd say 50 isn't anywhere near 100, ya know?
It was in reference to a comment from the same thread where somebody said that the ladder start was pushed four months.
I'm pretty sure they'll sort the db issues unearthed by the recent maintenance cycle and get back on track. My estimate is mid-April tops.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Tbh while this isn't the news I was expecting, it's good to see that they are sticking with their guns and making sure the game is really stable before Ladder goes live.
I too wanna join the communication appreciation
Club
. Problems happen. Doing right by the community when they do deserves praise.
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
Hagawa wrote: 2 years ago
It was in reference to a comment from the same thread where somebody said that the ladder start was pushed four months.
I'm pretty sure they'll sort the db issues unearthed by the recent maintenance cycle and get back on track. My estimate is mid-April tops.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I too wanna join the communication appreciation
Club
. Problems happen. Doing right by the community when they do deserves praise.
Ah ok.

In other news, I am glad they use reddit to update everyone. Why would they even think about using their official forums? I just have a real problem with their lack of communication.
It may end like Warcraft III Reforged.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
Do you have a plan for which character to start playing with the new patch? Is there an interesting build? I would also like to know and start the game with a new interesting character. My favorite character today is
The Summoner
necromancer.
Well ive always loved the summon druid, despite him sucking giant donkey balls. So the fact that you can now summon all of his creatures at once is fucking amazing! So Zoo Drood first and then ive always liked the martial arts assassin but again... sucks the big one. They've buffed and changed how martial arts works so those two will be my go-tos when 2.4 finally drops and then probably
Hydra
sorc and FoH pally. So damn excited, just want it already!

The new mercenary skills and buffs along with the new ladder-only runewords look pretty sweet as well and will add some new flavor to itemization and build combos for everyone. A lot to look forward to, if it ever happens.
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
It may end like Warcraft III Reforged.

Well, want it bad, get it bad is a pretty solid rule for games. The sad thing is that patience isn't always a path to success either. Good that they are trying to do the right thing have accepted the dumpster fire that this delay will cause as better than the dumpster fire of a premature release. As much as we want it otherwise, the game is pretty much stable in terms of who is playing and why, so a delay isn't going to really matter much.

As for the comms on reddit, a lot of companies are doing that. A lot of people complain, but if it is effective, then it is effective. Besides, considering the dumpster fire powered by the atomic fusion of salt that is the official Bliz D2R forums, no wonder they aren't on there much. Seriously, it's just a depressing frothing pit of despair over the same 4 topics argued over by a bunch of people that seem to hate the game, each other, and themselves.

bs21 19

Paladin Americas PC
Patience my friends!
OP
A new update from Pez!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... /116561/16
Blizzard wrote:
Pez just posted an update; I'm glad that they are delaying the release and doing it right.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Don't worry, just because they're delaying it doesn't mean they'll do it right. There'll still be plenty of things broken by it. :P
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Don't worry, just because they're delaying it doesn't mean they'll do it right. There'll still be plenty of things broken by it. :P
lol. Have some Faith.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
I don't need Faith, I have experience. ;)
OP
Ah forgot to post the update here.

Blizzard wrote:
2.4 launches April 14th, Ladder launches April 28th.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation