Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   909 views

Description

Hi, im a playstation player and sometimes i get in to trade talks with people who ask ridiculous prices for their stuff, for example,
Ist
for 40
Perfect Gems
most recently. Im asking them if their kidding me and told that i pay
Um
for it and they laugh me and tell me thats the pc price. Does this make any sense to you people?

While there are this cross-progression system too, would that mean that you can just change for console if you're pc player and rob some people and jump back to pc?

For me this price difference dont make any sense, can somebody please explain to me how it goes?
Description by Pillumaakari

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi, im a playstation player and sometimes i get in to trade talks with people who ask ridiculous prices for their stuff, for example,
Ist
for 40
Perfect Gems
most recently. Im asking them if their kidding me and told that i pay
Um
for it and they laugh me and tell me thats the pc price. Does this make any sense to you people?

While there are this cross-progression system too, would that mean that you can just change for console if you're pc player and rob some people and jump back to pc?

For me this price difference dont make any sense, can somebody please explain to me how it goes?
You pretty much explained it yourself. The guy was a scammer. Price differences between platforms are baseless.

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
Actually, a lot of console players don't have the game on PC and vice versa.

As a result, you get a very different playerbase. And with a different playerbase comes a different market/pricing. Even more so if the game mode/controls shift the balance of build preference a bit. Because of that, console prices have been (sometimes dramatically) different since day 1. It obviously offers a solid opportunity for cross-platform players to cash in on a lot of that arbitrage but overall, the difference remains, simply because not everyone plays on and hence trades across multiple platforms.

That having been said,
Um
for 40 gems isn't even really PC pricing anymore. The further you progress towards "perfect only", the more valuable cubing materials get. 30 Gems for
Mal
isn't uncommon anymore and 40 for
Ist
isn't too far off from that.

You can observe the same (sometimes massive) difference in pricing when you compare hardcore to softcore for example.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
The further you progress towards "perfect only", the more valuable cubing materials get.
I'd actually attribute this to the shrinking player base more than anything. You have far fewer newbies to farm your gems for you, and rich/experienced players will rather use the gems themselves or want more for their trouble.

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
Probably a mixture of both, yeah
I think it's all related to Supply and Demand by platform. I do think PC sets a standard on pricing. I do envy PC having 515 pages of trades vs the 51 on PSN (could be worse though, I could be on Xbox with 7 pages of trades). Someone on PC that can also trade on consoles should have more opportunity to get a higher price on rarer items selling on Console vs PC as there might literally "0" of those items dropping on console (i.e Anni).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...