Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   754 views

Description

What God's are you all praying to for the high rune drops? Or is it more of a ritual type thing? Looking to make a switch.

I don't have any babies to
Sacrifice
, so hopefully that's not the problem.
Description by bcrye

Can be used to make Runewords:

What God's are you all praying to for the high rune drops? Or is it more of a ritual type thing? Looking to make a switch.

I don't have any babies to
Sacrifice
, so hopefully that's not the problem.
RNGesus rewards the faithful. Or so I've heard. Best I've gotten has been a
Sur
, and that was 2 months ago. RNGesus sometimes tests the faithful. Or maybe I just don't believe enough. Or maybe it is because I think naughty thoughts due to my
Valkyrie
's incessant grunting.
OP
Sounds promising. How do I please RNGesus? Also, there's a reason I roll all my Zon's armor in Dusk Shrouds.
Well, that's the trick, isn't it? If I knew that, I would be swimming in Bers as opposed to Cathan's Seals. I also wouldn't have just gotten killed by a pack of Thorn Beasts after apparently rolling 1s on every single possible
Dodge
/
Evade
/Armor Save roll.

Best I can say is just kill lots and lots of demons in his name, and trust in the great Probability that RNGesus watches over.
In all seriousness, I should say the following:

1. The game, despite what everyone says, isn't really about finding the god gear, it is about the HUNT for the gear, and dreaming of it. One can effectively kill and survive in Hell without the HR powered gear, it just gives one something to work towards.
2. Check your gear. MF does nothing for finding HRs, so if all you care about is the HRs, dump your MF to 0 in favor of more powerful gear to kill things faster and pull the arm of the slot machine more.
3. Check your methods. Drop rates in a 1 player game are terrible. Group up or join a MF game. There are some people that hop into non-MF games, but that is...controversial. A lot of players don't like people who hop in and kill later content, even if they don't influence the current players' objectives. Lots of back & forth about that on the main Blizzrd forum, with less than mutual respect between posters.
4. Consider your perspective. People talk about getting HRs, but then they say they did 500 trav runs and got 2 HRs. Or they've been playing since launch and gotten a career total of 1
Jah
and 2 Bers. The HRs don't Rain from the sky. Yes, they drop, and someone is going to get them. It could be you, it could be on your next WSK run. That's the addicting nature of the game.
5. Consider your expectations. There are hundreds (thousands?) of people running the same content at all hours of every day, yet the market isn't flooded with HRs. They are just that rare.

There are plenty of stories of people who went to various places, we'll leave it as ShmeeBay and Shmee2jsShmee, and bought their gear. A lot of their D2R stories ended soon after since they had everything they wanted, got bored, and moved on. As I started with, this game is about the hunt and the possibility, so enjoy it, and have a few laughs along the way.
Numerous people dont think i'm serious when i say this but just do 100-200 trav runs a day. If you have a decent Hammerdin you can do a run every 30 seconds and you will find high runes.

Or take your javazon into cows even without Infinity and just start melting cows. Runes will drop. People get discouraged so fast when runes dont drop. But you just have to keep going and push through the bad RNG.

I found an
Ohm
today from a
Blood Lord
next to
Mephisto

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!
I...
Um
...uh...I...

I just got a
Jah
rune from WSK Level 3.

Praise be to RNGesus!
OP
@Leaker416 No shit?? Congrats!

All praise to RNGesus!

@nilrem
Yeah I'm aware lol. I'm on ps4, so my load screen times are poop. Meaning trav runs are 50/50 load screen to play time. I got my blizz sorc from 90 to 92 on trav runs alone without dropping much in the way of runes.

For that reason I've been sticking to cows as of late.
I've dropped 2 Surs this month, but I've still been chasing that Infinity since launch.
I know on PC if you turn the sound off it helps your load times. Its not as fun without sound but just through some music on in the backround and load with swiftness

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!
OP
Hmmm. Honestly that's pretty interesting. May have to see if that works for console as well.
Leaker416 wrote: 2 years ago
4. Consider your perspective.
I agree with that. Personally I think trying to focus on whatever you may be looking for is quite maddening. I think it's better to have a different goal and just ignore the bad drops you're getting; with enough persistence, what you want will drop.

When I made my first character, a necro, I beat Hell as a summon-mancer, and then I did some reading about how poison-necros are pretty good, but a pivotal part of the build was a
Death's Web
. I farmed for a while, but I thought farming as a summon-mancer was pretty terrible, so I started a pally to see what the fuss was about.

Made a pally, finished Hell as a hammerdin, I thought it was decent and started farming CS. Not too long into my farming (I think I was level 89 or 90) a
Death's Web
drops from a random Champion enemy near the Forge in
River of Flame
. Immediately after I got it, I switched back to my necro to respec and I was....kind of underwhelmed by it. Maybe I still needed better gear, but ultimately what all of this resulted in was me finding out that I enjoyed playing my paladin more.

Here I am now, halfway into 94 with my Zealadin, and I got my first
Jah
drop, while farming CS again. I've stopped caring about runes for a while now; all I do is just farm for exp to hopefully get to 99. RNG is RNG, not much you can do about it.

Asha 391

Sorceress Europe PC
My main sorc -
Sur
, 2x
Ohm
Vex
on 94,5lv
My shifter druid -
Gul
Ber
for almost 93lv
My second sorc - just an
Ist
from hf, 92,5lv.

Yes, occasionally you loot a HR - but trades give you FAR more profit. So I just dressed these 3 chars of mine - and keep farmin 85lvl maps. Gave up expectin a HR drop - mostly I just kill for exp and occasional base/charm/whatever jumpin out in the process.
As for the prayin - nah, got plenty of what to think about instead of some religion. Besides - it's just a hobby game, not a church.
OP
Yeah I know how it goes,

I hope my OP wasn't coming off as complaining or whiny, cause I'm definitely still having a good time playing. It was meant to be more of a "common man". I've got a few different builds in the 90s that I can hop between to keep things fresh.

But still, I swear I'm just holding my breath on every mob I kill waiting for that
Ber
drop. Can't help it. Doesn't help that I'm trying to do the SSF thing on bnet either.

Asha 391

Sorceress Europe PC
bcrye wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah I know how it goes,

I hope my OP wasn't coming off as complaining or whiny, cause I'm definitely still having a good time playing. It was meant to be more of a light hearted "common man". I've got a few different builds in the 90s that I can hop between to keep things fresh.

But still, I swear I'm just holding my breath on every mob I kill waiting for that
Ber
drop. Can't help it. Doesn't help that I'm trying to do the SSF thing on bnet either.
One important thing I want to mention as well - I NEVER seen a HR drop when I was thinkin of some rune or expectin smth good to pop out. All my HR drops EVER experienced - were unexpected, one way or another. It can happen when you're not expectin a good rune. Don't know if there actually are some metaphysics in order - but for many years playin D2, it always works exactly this way 4 me. The main trick here, i guess, is to discipline myself from thinking about even a glimpse of a rune - only then it can suddenly jump out. And yeah - easier said than done xD
I've used all of the highest runes i've gotten in runewords rather than trading them for other things until I horked a
Jah
the other day. RNGsus loves his disciples to hork. But it seems like when I burn a
Lo
to make a Fortitude one drops shortly after, like today. RNGsus dropped that thing in
Throne of Destruction
in a pub
Baal
game, just outside of the view of every other player where only I could see it. I'm usually way too slow to grab good stuff in a pub game but there you have it. Also, rush some other players and build up the good vibes.
Got my first
Ber
from Diablo! Very unexpected, I was jumping and screaming around a house, wife said I need a doctor. :D
My second
Ber
was also very random, on a way to Diablo. Overall I got pretty much of HR's. Runes that I didn't get are:
Lo
Sur
Zod
Cham
and
Jah

Greetings Stranger! Stay a while and look in my stash, maybe you'll find something.. :)
Was doing meph
Baal
runs all this week and got nothing, today first run I got an
Ohm
from
Baal
. So.. This game is like this, when you're going to stop, bang!

Last week was worse, got literally nothing here and there, was going to stop and meph dropped me a SoJ. Same history
bcrye wrote: 2 years ago

Ber
I think that is the point of the whole game. It's not what DOES drop, but what could. I find myself loading into zones and running through all the loot that I KNOW can drop, because I saw as good or better at one time. A 1
Black Marsh
: "Any one of these could drop a
Vex
. I done seen it before". Pit: "Anything can drop in here. Game Changers". Ect.

I think of it as a slot machine. Chances of winning the $69M Megabucks is abysmally low, but all the old folks sit there with a cigarette, watered down jack & coke, and keep hitting the "spin" button. I used to live in Vegas, so trust me when I say it. And those already dead, empty eyes...::shudder::.

Same thing here. Chances are low, but there IS a chance. I know there have been grad level papers written on the statistics of the game (at least one, mine; I got an A- on it) and probably more than a few psychology papers on how our broken little minds keep trying despite the numerical futility of it.

bs21 19

Paladin Americas PC
You got this!

So far since I started back up (1.5 months) here are my highlights:
  • 29 Maras from Meph, sold for
    Sur
  • Vex
    in 2nd wave, public
    Baal
    run with like 3 people
That was the first 2-3 weeks. Last 2 or so weeks has been slow but yesterday found an Arachnid in Chaos. I mainly run cows and Chaos. Repeat. Excited for the 2.4 patch for some scenery changes.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation