Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   2478 views
2

Description

Is there a chance for it, for example, a
Targe
drop with some skills? I mean under or equal level 12 or so.
5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
Is there a chance for it, for example, a
Targe
drop with some skills? I mean under or equal level 12 or so.

Image
Image
* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
7
User avatar

Tetra 183

Paladin Europe PC
+1 to a Paladin tree is rlvl15
+1 to all Paladin skills is rlvl22

Source: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Prefix
7
OP
Tetra wrote: 2 years ago
+1 to a Paladin tree is rlvl15
+1 to all Paladin skills is rlvl22

Source: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Prefix
Thanks a lot! This is really useful. Then, any idea about rare
Targe
reroll? Same rule applies or is it possible to get, especially
Holy Fire
and
Resist Fire
skills on it?

Image
Image
* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
7
User avatar

Tetra 183

Paladin Europe PC
What I said is true for all shields (except Necro's Headshields), rares or magics.

What your are looking for is not possible.
7
OP
Thank you. Level 15 is not bad but I wish it can be spawn like multiple skills together.

Image
Image
* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
7
Here a year late to note that
Kurast Shield
has a higher possible
Smite
damage as well as a higher block rate than both
Vortex Shield
and it's Zakarhum cousin.
While lookin just like the latter and being slightly cheaper.
7
User avatar

Schnorki 3496Moderator

PC
DilloniousT wrote: 4 months ago
Here a year late to note that
Kurast Shield
has a higher possible
Smite
damage as well as a higher block rate than both
Vortex Shield
and it's Zakarhum cousin.
While lookin just like the latter and being slightly cheaper.
Vortex has higher top-end
Smite
dmg than a kurast and higher spread. Zakarum has higher low-end
Smite
dmg than a kurast and the lowest spread. All three have the same average
Smite
dmg. Matter of fact, the only elite pally shield with different average
Smite
damage is a
Sacred Rondache
which ends up 0.5 higher than the rest.

Also, the look really isn't just like a zakarum I dare say. The base shape, yes. But the border width, emblem, crispness and coloration all differ quite significantly:
(Left = zakarum, right = kurast)

Whether it is "just as good", better or worse than a zakarum remains subjective of course...personally, I love me my zakarum but wouldn't be caught dead using a kurast (ever), solely due to the looks (well, and the stats but the looks alone would suffice). Even with HS hiding it in-game anyways. ^^

The block is indeed higher than vortex or zakarum albeit still lower than the other 2 alternatives.

That's not to say that a kurast isn't a viable alternative. Realistically, they all work just fine. But it is a middle-of-the-road (I'd argue worst overall actually) choice and most certainly not superior with regards to damage for which it is quite literally the only choice with nothing going for it (vortex = highest top-end,
Rondache
= highest avg, zakarum = highest low-end and lowest spread,
Targe
= closest to "average everything out", kurast = not superior in any single dmg area).

To add some context/reference to the damage bits: What it does have going for it in the specific "vs. zaka or vortex" comparison is that it also has lower str reqs, albeit again still higher than
Targe
or
Rondache
.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
7
@Schnorki: Out of curiosity, what would be your go to pick from the paladin shields list, both looks wise and function wise (for smiter)? :)

All my trades are Non Ladder.
Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.


Rates:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
7
User avatar

Schnorki 3496Moderator

PC
SnowSnow wrote: 4 months ago
@Schnorki: Out of curiosity, what would be your go to pick from the paladin shields list, both looks wise and function wise (for smiter)? :)
Zakarum, hands down.

The looks are of course subjective AF but for me, nothing beats a zakarum there.

In terms of performance:
- Str reqs are irrelevant imo as all of them are lower than many other common gear choices will be anyways (e.g. CoA,
Steelrend
, ...). Even if you base it off a non-upped gulli, you're only looking at 12 extra str for a zaka. So not only is the str invest minimal to literally 0 but even if you do have some, it simply turns into more damage so it isn't just lost stats so to speak.

- Block chance makes a fairly small (if any) difference in terms of the dex you need for max block as HS offsets most of that difference anyways and you're stuck with quite a bit of dex for your
Phase Blade
no matter what. The extra points beyond that (if any) tend to be minimal at best.

- With regards to damage, the avg is near identical across the board anyways (~1% from
Rondache
, same as the rest) so that can be ignored imo but having basically 0 damage spread on a smiter is absolutely priceless to me. 0 spread off zakarum, 0 spread off Grief and ED, the only thing that introduces some (unavoidable) minimal spread is HS.

- Defense (which gets amplified massively on a smiter) is the second highest, beat only by a vortex and while I would love the extra def off a vortex, to me it doesn't even come close to outweighing the benefits on the damage side (vortex would be the clear 2nd choice though, if I didn't care so much about the dmg spread).


Personally, I have a very clear ranking for pally shields that basically goes:
Zakarum >> Vortex >>>>>
Rondache
>
Targe
>>> Kurast
So yeah, I will never understand why everyone goes so nuts over targes. :)

Though as noted earlier, they're all perfectly valid choices and none of them will make or break your smiter as compared to the others. Nothing wrong with going with whichever you can get your hands on (for cheap) until you reach a point of truly just looking to min/max at the top end.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
7
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
DilloniousT wrote: 4 months ago
Here a year late to note that
Kurast Shield
has a higher possible
Smite
damage as well as a higher block rate than both
Vortex Shield
and it's Zakarhum cousin.
While lookin just like the latter and being slightly cheaper.
Vortex has higher top-end
Smite
dmg than a kurast and higher spread. Zakarum has higher low-end
Smite
dmg than a kurast and the lowest spread. All three have the same average
Smite
dmg. Matter of fact, the only elite pally shield with different average
Smite
damage is a
Sacred Rondache
which ends up 0.5 higher than the rest.

Also, the look really isn't just like a zakarum I dare say. The base shape, yes. But the border width, emblem, crispness and coloration all differ quite significantly:

image.png
(Left = zakarum, right = kurast)

Whether it is "just as good", better or worse than a zakarum remains subjective of course...personally, I love me my zakarum but wouldn't be caught dead using a kurast (ever), solely due to the looks (well, and the stats but the looks alone would suffice). Even with HS hiding it in-game anyways. ^^

The block is indeed higher than vortex or zakarum albeit still lower than the other 2 alternatives.

That's not to say that a kurast isn't a viable alternative. Realistically, they all work just fine. But it is a middle-of-the-road (I'd argue worst overall actually) choice and most certainly not superior with regards to damage for which it is quite literally the only choice with nothing going for it (vortex = highest top-end,
Rondache
= highest avg, zakarum = highest low-end and lowest spread,
Targe
= closest to "average everything out", kurast = not superior in any single dmg area).

To add some context/reference to the damage bits:
image.png

What it does have going for it in the specific "vs. zaka or vortex" comparison is that it also has lower str reqs, albeit again still higher than
Targe
or
Rondache
.
I miss spoke its
Smite
is similar to vortex. And for me at a lower strength requirment and much lower cost it over takes zakarum.

Matter of preference of course.
7
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
DilloniousT wrote: 4 months ago
Here a year late to note that
Kurast Shield
has a higher possible
Smite
damage as well as a higher block rate than both
Vortex Shield
and it's Zakarhum cousin.
While lookin just like the latter and being slightly cheaper.
Vortex has higher top-end
Smite
dmg than a kurast and higher spread. Zakarum has higher low-end
Smite
dmg than a kurast and the lowest spread. All three have the same average
Smite
dmg. Matter of fact, the only elite pally shield with different average
Smite
damage is a
Sacred Rondache
which ends up 0.5 higher than the rest.

Also, the look really isn't just like a zakarum I dare say. The base shape, yes. But the border width, emblem, crispness and coloration all differ quite significantly:

image.png
(Left = zakarum, right = kurast)

Whether it is "just as good", better or worse than a zakarum remains subjective of course...personally, I love me my zakarum but wouldn't be caught dead using a kurast (ever), solely due to the looks (well, and the stats but the looks alone would suffice). Even with HS hiding it in-game anyways. ^^

The block is indeed higher than vortex or zakarum albeit still lower than the other 2 alternatives.

That's not to say that a kurast isn't a viable alternative. Realistically, they all work just fine. But it is a middle-of-the-road (I'd argue worst overall actually) choice and most certainly not superior with regards to damage for which it is quite literally the only choice with nothing going for it (vortex = highest top-end,
Rondache
= highest avg, zakarum = highest low-end and lowest spread,
Targe
= closest to "average everything out", kurast = not superior in any single dmg area).

To add some context/reference to the damage bits:
image.png

What it does have going for it in the specific "vs. zaka or vortex" comparison is that it also has lower str reqs, albeit again still higher than
Targe
or
Rondache
.
Also even with resurrected's graphical enhancements the differences in appearance are miniscule.

And lets be honest, we're all going to slap
Holy Shield
over it anyway.
7
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
- Block chance makes a fairly small (if any) difference in terms of the dex you need for max block as HS offsets most of that difference anyways and you're stuck with quite a bit of dex for your
Phase Blade
no matter what. The extra points beyond that (if any) tend to be minimal at best.
- Defense (which gets amplified massively on a smiter) is the second highest, beat only by a vortex and while I would love the extra def off a vortex, to me it doesn't even come close to outweighing the benefits on the damage side (vortex would be the clear 2nd choice though, if I didn't care so much about the dmg spread).

So yeah, I will never understand why everyone goes so nuts over targes. :)
I have to admit that I'm one of those
Targe
nuts. :D

I went into the Maxroll character planner and had a play around to see what would happen if I swapped my
Sacred Targe
with a
Vortex Shield
, adjusting Dex for max block and reducing Vitality accordingly.

Sacred Targe
- 173 Dex, 403 Vit, 2311 Life, 22752 Defense
Vortex Shield
- 195 Dex, 381 Vit, 2212 Life, 25304 Defense

This is in the full gear that I normally run with and both
Holy Shield
and
Battle Orders
active.

So switching to a
Vortex Shield
reduced life by 99 (-4.3%) and increased Defense by 2552 (11.2%).

Is it worth sacrificing 4.3% life for 11.2% Defense? I guess it depends. :)

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

7
User avatar

Schnorki 3496Moderator

PC
Lanceor wrote: 4 months ago
[..]
Is it worth sacrificing 4.3% life for 11.2% Defense? I guess it depends. :)
Ultimately, like so many things, kind of a matter of taste / boils down to what you really want/need and how/where you play.

Though personally, I dare say in this game, 2k life is more than enough for anything on any build (excluding PvP). Even more so as a pally. But that's me saying that as someone who also intentionally uses full performance-charms on his pally for a grand total of 0 life off charms. :)
(Still well above 2k though since that's kind of just how pallies work out)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
7
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
Ultimately, like so many things, kind of a matter of taste / boils down to what you really want/need and how/where you play.

Though personally, I dare say in this game, 2k life is more than enough for anything on any build (excluding PvP). Even more so as a pally. But that's me saying that as someone who also intentionally uses full performance-charms on his pally for a grand total of 0 life off charms. :)
(Still well above 2k though since that's kind of just how pallies work out)
Definitely health for me. :) The closest I've come to dying in the last few levels was a horde of those Suicide Minions in the WSK... 2k health gone in an instant. Unless I'm mistaken, Defense doesn't help against those explosions (or Stygian Dolls).

That said, the
Zakarum Shield
is the nicest looking of the bunch and is worth losing some health over. :D The zero damage spread is icing on the cake.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

7
OP
Woa good conversatiıns running around. I guess I created this topic to make sure how to maximize Paladin start to reach socket quests as fast as possible back then. But overall I like the idea exchange over Paladin shields.

As I see it around, VS is the most expensive one, especially as an Exile base, compared with the same mods on (45 all res in my case). ST comes after. For me, ST is the best due to extremely low str req but like Schnorki said: It really doesn't matter for an end game build mostly. But after finding an ethereal ST with 45 all res and 4os, I'm more than happy.

Image
Image
* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
7
Lanceor wrote: 4 months ago
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
Ultimately, like so many things, kind of a matter of taste / boils down to what you really want/need and how/where you play.

Though personally, I dare say in this game, 2k life is more than enough for anything on any build (excluding PvP). Even more so as a pally. But that's me saying that as someone who also intentionally uses full performance-charms on his pally for a grand total of 0 life off charms. :)
(Still well above 2k though since that's kind of just how pallies work out)
Definitely health for me. :) The closest I've come to dying in the last few levels was a horde of those Suicide Minions in the WSK... 2k health gone in an instant. Unless I'm mistaken, Defense doesn't help against those explosions (or Stygian Dolls).

That said, the
Zakarum Shield
is the nicest looking of the bunch and is worth losing some health over. :D The zero damage spread is icing on the cake.
If I remember correctly the stygian dolls damage is full physical and can be blocked and reduced. On a smiter from 20+ years ago I had Exile and 63k+ defense and I wasn't bothered by them.

All my trades are Non Ladder.
Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.


Rates:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
7
SnowSnow wrote: 4 months ago
If I remember correctly the stygian dolls damage is full physical and can be blocked and reduced. On a smiter from 20+ years ago I had Exile and 63k+ defense and I wasn't bothered by them.
That does explain a lot! I remember them being lethal while levelling, but the threat decreased significantly at high levels.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

99

Who is online

Users browsing Forums: No registered users and 52 guests.

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation