They were:

2 jav skill
20ias
23 mf

Super sad.

Anyone know?

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
No dupes, but there is a known bug that has peoples items disappearing due to the file size of the save file in D2R being bigger than OG D2. Once you acquire too many items on too many characters, some start to poof. Hopefully this is addressed soon because i have also noticed a few items missing from my stash.

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
No dupes, but there is a known bug that has peoples items disappearing due to the file size of the save file in D2R being bigger than OG D2. Once you acquire too many items on too many characters, some start to poof. Hopefully this is addressed soon because i have also noticed a few items missing from my stash.
I only have the one charecter but my stash is full.

My amazon was wearing these gloves though. They were not in my stash.

Super sad.

Sorceress Americas PC
javyjavington wrote: 2 years ago
My amazon was wearing these gloves though. They were not in my stash.
Well all items are saved in the same spot in the files, so wither its on your person or not it can still poof. Ive just noticed some missing from my stash specifically.

OP
shoot! ty ty.

If anyone else knows any more please let me know.

I just paid
Ist
for these gloves yesterday. They were nice!

Sad scam game.

Sorceress Americas PC
Sad scam game.
No scam, just a bug. You won't be getting them back though. There are no re-rolls in D2 like there are in WoW.

OP
do you suggest I ditch a bunch of my runes/gems?

Would that help?

Sorceress Americas PC
do you suggest I ditch a bunch of my runes/gems?
No, some items have bigger file sizes than others. Runes and gems are very small. I would just wait for it to be fixed.

OP
damn. So people have lost some of their best items at this point? That would SUCK!

Thanks for your help!

Sorceress Americas PC
damn. So people have lost some of their best items at this point? That would SUCK!
well i haven't heard of anyone losing anything GG, but its only a matter of time. :(

Uhh, that does not make sense .. are we talking bnet or single player?

Bnet is stored in a database that is synced to a parent/global database...

Sorceress Americas PC
__pache__ wrote: 2 years ago
Uhh, that does not make sense .. are we talking bnet or single player?

Bnet is stored in a database that is synced to a parent/global database...
Video talking about it at 11:43 Maybe there's a bug for both online and offline? Who knows what wacky coding disasters are going on behind the scenes.

I've heard that crafted items take up more file space and may be contributing to this issue. Though it still seems like you need to be really filling up with quite a few items with independent stats to cause this issue.
Yeah seems only single player related, and in the video "Save file" is single player.

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah seems only single player related, and in the video "Save file" is single player.
multiple reports of it still happening on Bnet. so may not be isolated to SP. The OP of this thread traded for his missing item, obviously not SP. lol

No no, multiple reports of "nice items disappearing which may mean dupe." Random gems missing -> weird file size difference between versions in single player. 2 things.
OP
This was on multi player. I an quite confident I didn't accidentally drop them. This is so strange. Still very sad. Those gloves were super nice!

Sorceress Americas PC
This was on multi player. I an quite confident I didn't accidentally drop them. This is so strange. Still very sad. Those gloves were super nice!
Ya ive also noticed items going poof out of no where so its definitely effecting Bnet too. These server issues are ridiculous and endless.

No no, multiple reports of "nice items disappearing which may mean dupe." Random gems missing -> weird file size difference between versions in single player. 2 things.
As long as it is not confirmed that bnet character save files work differently, we cannot isolate it to be single player issue only. It was tested on single player.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...