Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   2809 views

Description

Your browser aggressively caches things like images, HTML, CSS, any ajax requests (tooltip content and icons etc). This means that if I update something, it might not show up on your device because you're still seeing the old (cached) version of the data.

I can control this cacheing behaviour to some extent, but not always. Knowing how to clear or 'refresh' your browser's cache becomes handy when troubleshooting bugs.

Here are some quick instructions on how to refresh your browser cache:

Google Chrome (Any OS)
Google Chrome (Any OS)

Go to Settings > Auto-fill > Clear Browsing Data

Firefox (Any OS)
Firefox (Any OS)

Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Manage Data... > Search for diablo2.io > Remove Selected

Mac OS X Safari
Mac OS X Safari

Go to Safari (in Finder menubar at top) > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data... > Search for diablo2.io > Remove

iOS Safari (iPhone)
iOS Safari (iPhone)

Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Wait for list to load... > Search for diablo2.io > Swipe left to remove data.
This process needs to be repeated again due to a known bug with iOS (so clear the cache twice basically). You'll know the old cached data is gone when you have to log in again.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Your browser aggressively caches things like images, HTML, CSS, any ajax requests (tooltip content and icons etc). This means that if I update something, it might not show up on your device because you're still seeing the old (cached) version of the data.

I can control this cacheing behaviour to some extent, but not always. Knowing how to clear or 'refresh' your browser's cache becomes handy when troubleshooting bugs.

Here are some quick instructions on how to refresh your browser cache:

Google Chrome (Any OS)
Google Chrome (Any OS)

Go to Settings > Auto-fill > Clear Browsing Data

Firefox (Any OS)
Firefox (Any OS)

Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Manage Data... > Search for diablo2.io > Remove Selected

Mac OS X Safari
Mac OS X Safari

Go to Safari (in Finder menubar at top) > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data... > Search for diablo2.io > Remove

iOS Safari (iPhone)
iOS Safari (iPhone)

Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Wait for list to load... > Search for diablo2.io > Swipe left to remove data.
This process needs to be repeated again due to a known bug with iOS (so clear the cache twice basically). You'll know the old cached data is gone when you have to log in again.

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
Another easy way that should work is to use the "Force Refresh"
Key
combination.

On Windows this would be Ctrl+F5
On Mac it should be Command+R(I don't own a mac, so haven't tested)
On Linux simply F5 should do the trick.

These should force cache to be ignored while reloading the current webpage. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...