Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   782 views

Description

Looking to build another new character but not sure what I want next. I'm on NL.

My options:

Druid: trying to decide between
Fissure
or
Hurricane
. I've never made a full druid but I have most of the gear for either version except
Ravenlore
/Sacred Flame and Phoenix for the
Fissure
, but I have the runes and a
Monarch
so I can make both whenever. Not sure which is better between the two but
Fissure
seems more fun.

Sorc: Fire or Light Sorc. Most likely Light sorc, however I'm missing Griffons, a weapon (only have Occy) and a COH or Viper (I'll use 3 piece
Tal
or Enigma). I can probably trade for a Griffon's though I don't know how mid roll ones are worth. I'd also have to get some Light facets, and Light skillers. How well do "budget" Light sorcs work (without Griffons, or using Occy etc) and are they good at MF or just for clear speed mainly?

Zon: Java zon obviously but I Need way too much gear to make her like Griffons, Titans, Phoenix etc. so this will probably be a future build. I do have Tstrokes but not sure if that's worth using over Titans. Also how well does she perform with non-
Eth
Titans?

Assassin: I wasn't interested in making an Assassin until I saw a Mosaic sin last night which looked really fun. I could probably build this as I have most of the runes and could trade for a Griffons however I saw that the Griffons should have a
Cham
, can I get away with not having
Cham
since if I get a Griffons I'll be switching (at some point) between Zon, Sorc, and this Sin and running
Raven Frost
or Trang
Belt
instead or would that be too much of a FCR loss? I know literally nothing about this build except it looke like fun to play.

Anyone know what a Mid roll Griffons goes for on Non-Ladder?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Looking to build another new character but not sure what I want next. I'm on NL.

My options:

Druid: trying to decide between
Fissure
or
Hurricane
. I've never made a full druid but I have most of the gear for either version except
Ravenlore
/Sacred Flame and Phoenix for the
Fissure
, but I have the runes and a
Monarch
so I can make both whenever. Not sure which is better between the two but
Fissure
seems more fun.

Sorc: Fire or Light Sorc. Most likely Light sorc, however I'm missing Griffons, a weapon (only have Occy) and a COH or Viper (I'll use 3 piece
Tal
or Enigma). I can probably trade for a Griffon's though I don't know how mid roll ones are worth. I'd also have to get some Light facets, and Light skillers. How well do "budget" Light sorcs work (without Griffons, or using Occy etc) and are they good at MF or just for clear speed mainly?

Zon: Java zon obviously but I Need way too much gear to make her like Griffons, Titans, Phoenix etc. so this will probably be a future build. I do have Tstrokes but not sure if that's worth using over Titans. Also how well does she perform with non-
Eth
Titans?

Assassin: I wasn't interested in making an Assassin until I saw a Mosaic sin last night which looked really fun. I could probably build this as I have most of the runes and could trade for a Griffons however I saw that the Griffons should have a
Cham
, can I get away with not having
Cham
since if I get a Griffons I'll be switching (at some point) between Zon, Sorc, and this Sin and running
Raven Frost
or Trang
Belt
instead or would that be too much of a FCR loss? I know literally nothing about this build except it looke like fun to play.

Anyone know what a Mid roll Griffons goes for on Non-Ladder?

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch

Necrarch 1655Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Two comments :

Mosaic : not sure you really need a Griff actually. The thing is so strong that you can really go without that and keep it budget.

Fire sorcs are really undervalued, while Light need an Infinity, ideally self-wield, to work well.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 8 months ago
Two comments :

Mosaic : not sure you really need a Griff actually. The thing is so strong that you can really go without that and keep it budget.

Fire sorcs are really undervalued, while Light need an Infinity, ideally self-wield, to work well.
Good to know. What would you need in place of the Griffons? I figured I could get Griffons and just use it between all 3 units (when I make the other 2) since they are so expensive, I just didn't want to "waste" a
Cham
in it when both other (sorc and Java) builds use a Light Facet. I have the runes to trade/build pretty much everything for most of the builds except maybe the Skill GC's. I already have Torches for all but the zon also.

~Necrarch
For the zon,
Eth
titan is a nice to have imo. I had a regular one for a long time and it worked just fine. Just make sure to upgrade it.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

Necrarch 1655Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Blindfire187 wrote: 8 months ago
Two comments :

Good to know. What would you need in place of the Griffons? I figured I could get Griffons and just use it between all 3 units (when I make the other 2) since they are so expensive, I just didn't want to "waste" a
Cham
in it when both other (sorc and Java) builds use a Light Facet. I have the runes to trade/build pretty much everything for most of the builds except maybe the Skill GC's. I already have Torches for all but the zon also.
For the Sin
Helm
, the usual suspects can work :
Andariel
for IAS, 2/20 for FCR if needed,
Shako
for all round use (with PTopaz or if you want just add a Facet), G Face for Crushing Blow (but Mosaic will obliterate all anyway)...
To not waste a
Cham
, just use a
Raven Frost
, they are also all fine with adding Dex, mana and AR. Even the skillers and the better bases are a nice to have with that build. Ask Azeroti, I think he is making a Mosaic sin as of now. :)
If you manage to use all elements (cold/light/fire) you can play without sunders, or alternatively with several of them (e.g. fire / light) and high res boosters (what about Kira then ? or points in
Fade
?).

As for the Mosaic bases, the best ones are Runic or
Greater Talons
, all added skills are really a bonus, I heard Schnorki saying you can basically take blank ones and they still work - but of course if you can afford slightly better ones, all the better :).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Ask Azeroti, I think he is making a Mosaic sin as of now. :)
I have everything ready to go and was going to try it today, but a friend mentioned I should watch the new One Piece show in Netflix (live-action) and I'm been binge watching it all day. So... I haven't tried the Mosaic build yet :)

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
OP
azeroti wrote: 8 months ago
Ask Azeroti, I think he is making a Mosaic sin as of now. :)
I have everything ready to go and was going to try it today, but a friend mentioned I should watch the new One Piece show in Netflix (live-action) and I'm been binge watching it all day. So... I haven't tried the Mosaic build yet :)
Aaaaand now we're off topic. How is it? Don't have Netflix ATM but I'm curious about the live action. Figured it would be....wierd not animated.

~Necrarch
Aaaaand now we're off topic. How is it? Don't have Netflix ATM but I'm curious about the live action. Figured it would be....wierd not animated.
Sorry about that! You know, I never saw the anime so I can't comment on accuracy but I'm enjoying it. It's meeting expectations in the sense I wasn't expecting something that was going to wow me but it is intereting enough I'm on episode 5 now.

On topic bit: If you need some gear mentioned above, message me - I might have some stuff for free. I know I have a viper, non-
Eth
titans, zon torch.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
Lol, I finially made the Mosaic assassin and all I can say is I can't believe I waited this long to try it out. It's so much crazier than I was thinking. Truely is easy mode though. Good for a chuckle.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
OP
azeroti wrote: 8 months ago
Sorry about that! You know, I never saw the anime so I can't comment on accuracy but I'm enjoying it. It's meeting expectations in the sense I wasn't expecting something that was going to wow me but it is intereting enough I'm on episode 5 now.

On topic bit: If you need some gear mentioned above, message me - I might have some stuff for free. I know I have a viper, non-
Eth
titans, zon torch.
Zon gear is the only thing I literally have 0 of (except Tstrokes and...meh) but I'm on NL and I can probably get most of the gear except a Phoenix.

What kind of Base should I use for Mosaic and what should I look for on them at a minimum? I need a char that can clear areas like cows, tombs and Sanctuary fairly fast.

Edit: Just looked and Mosaic is Ladder only so I can't make one. I'd have to hope to find someone to trade with and looks like they are going for multiple
Jah
runes so I think this build is out as I have nowhere near enough runes for 1 much less 2 lol.

~Necrarch
Dont really need a Phoenix for Zon. Spirit + enough mana + mana leech does a good enough job IMO

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Necrarch 1655Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Mosaic: season ends soon so perhaps (but pethaps not) will it be transferred to NL.

Annihilus
Energyshield
Nova
sorc can be pretty good without Infinity, use a Crescent Moon for mainweapon -35 light res vs enemy monsters.. will be better with griffon and a lightning sunder charm.

and if you can afford it selfwielding Infinity with griffon is better, just remember you want 105% faster cast for it.
About the Mosaic Assassin.

I like group playing, and IMO the Mosaic assassin takes the fun out of group playing. The assassin kills everything and you just stand near so you can get XP.

When i'm farming XP, like
Chaos Sanctuary
or baals runs, i don't care at all. But when i'm playing to have fun and farm gear, that is kick in the nuts. You simply can't kill anything and barely grab some loot.

I played as a Mosaic assassin (my brother have one so i borrowed his gear) and is kinda fun to play but you get so worried aboud not losing your charges that a "relaxed play session" just becomes "I NEED TO KILL A MON... ahw, lost it all the charges again..."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation