Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   4224 views

Description

Hi

Increased Attack Speed was a murky and obscure topic before D2:R, and it's just gotten more confusing now, it seems.

I had planned out my Zealot to hit the 4 fps per
Zeal
chop breakpoint. To do this I have
Cryptic Sword
Oath, meaning a -10 weapon with 50% IAS. When I enter this into this calculator: https://d2.lc/IAS/ it told me I needed 39% additional IAS. I accomplish this by using both
Laying of Hands
and Andariels Visage.

However, I don't really notice any difference when remove either LoH or AV. What am I missing? Am I already above whatever the limit is before you hit 4 fps just with my Oath and
Fanaticism
? Is my 50% weapon IAS and 40% off weapon IAS (+ the
Fanaticism
35%) not enough to hit 4 fps? What's going on here?

According to this calculator https://warren1001.github.io/MrLlamaSCS ... alculator/ I seem to be above the threshold already. If that's the case, I could swap out some of my IAS gear.
Description by Miroslav

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

Increased Attack Speed was a murky and obscure topic before D2:R, and it's just gotten more confusing now, it seems.

I had planned out my Zealot to hit the 4 fps per
Zeal
chop breakpoint. To do this I have
Cryptic Sword
Oath, meaning a -10 weapon with 50% IAS. When I enter this into this calculator: https://d2.lc/IAS/ it told me I needed 39% additional IAS. I accomplish this by using both
Laying of Hands
and Andariels Visage.

However, I don't really notice any difference when remove either LoH or AV. What am I missing? Am I already above whatever the limit is before you hit 4 fps just with my Oath and
Fanaticism
? Is my 50% weapon IAS and 40% off weapon IAS (+ the
Fanaticism
35%) not enough to hit 4 fps? What's going on here?

According to this calculator https://warren1001.github.io/MrLlamaSCS ... alculator/ I seem to be above the threshold already. If that's the case, I could swap out some of my IAS gear.

Schnorki 3334Moderator

PC
Long story short: You overshot.

The d2.lc calculator is slightly confusing in that if you enter IAS as weapon-IAS, it still lists the same breakpoints.

I.e. if you enter lvl 20 fana and a
Cryptic Sword
, you get a breakpoint of 40 IAS for the 4fps. If you enter that same lvl 20 fana and cryptic with the 50IAS as weapon-IAS, you still get the exact same breakpoint table. Basically, it says "you need 40, ignoring weapon IAS" so with the 50 on your Oath, you're already set and further IAS won't make any difference.

See as follows: The table doesn't change at all. You just need to know that the 50 in your weapon-IAS doesn't impact the listing and should be considered against the 40 needed, already leaving you 10 over.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP
Ok, woah. Now do I grieve having rolled my Oath in the wrong base or be happy I just unlocked my
Helm
AND my gloves slot? G-face and
Dracul's Grasp
is looking pretty good.

Or do I keep the items and respec to
Holy Freeze
? the 2x 20% from Andyface and LoH is enough to offset Fana.
You used the right base and freeing up slots is crucial. I'm looking for an
Eth
Cryptic Sword
for so long now I think I will be making Grief before finding one on Single Player.

Schnorki 3334Moderator

PC
Agreed. Free up slots and enjoy. :)

Even more so because your 2x20 doesn't actually offset
Fanaticism
. Fana works a bit different in that it not only adds the IAS it states but it also changes subsequent gear breakpoints. If you wanted to reach the same 4fps without fana, you'd actually need 142 IAS. So quite a bit more than your Oath, Andy and LoH would give you.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP
Well I'm playing HC so Draculs+Gface seems balanced. We'll see. While leveling I've used
Tal Rasha
's
Mask
. 10% Dual leech and 60 life is not that bad.

I spent a lot of time trying to find and
Eth
Cryptic Sword
but eventually I just bought one for a
Lem
. And then I did it again, because a ****ing doll killed me.

Edit: Whoops there I went and found an
Eth
Cryptic Sword
in the Pit. Good thing it wasn't Superior or I'd waste all my Mals trying to get a good roll.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...