Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2303 views

Description

Made it into HC hell for the first time.

Javazon #4 Level 75.

Going through nightmare had some rough spots. Farmed countess on P5 and forgot to turn it off for act 2. Set it to P3 for act 3 and 4. Act 3 Durance, P1 I was getting 3 shotted basically by the little guys, super stressful. Had to uncover the entire level before I found the waypoint. Feeling squishy by the end of act 5.

Hell...I was not expecting it to feel so rough! I had enough close calls yesterday going through hell that I decided to just do nightmare MF runs and relax. The amount of lightning immunes ugh. I was going through nightmare and the boss's on p5 without any trouble and quickly. I was farming all over, countess, meph, diablo, lots of
Baal
runs. Just looking for upgrades and was finding tons of good stuff. Third wave of my like 10th
Baal
run, merc was usually dying right before I killed the lightning
Enchant
Council Member
then I would finish him off no prob. Well, this time I got 2 shotted into the dirt before I could blink.

At least I died with all of my MF gear on ;). Didnt use plugy for the other javazons so I have a lot of gear 5th time around. Before my MF runs I was rocking Lore, Peace, Rhyme, +2 Jav Javs, +3 Passive Ammy, two resist rings, walk/resist
Boots
and resist gloves. Although I have replacements for I think all non runewords from my MF runs and also the Lore! So I just need to level up now (:. Oh nooo just remembered I got a sweet +1 skill mf
Helm
. Hahah good times.

Til next Death.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Made it into HC hell for the first time.

Javazon #4 Level 75.

Going through nightmare had some rough spots. Farmed countess on P5 and forgot to turn it off for act 2. Set it to P3 for act 3 and 4. Act 3 Durance, P1 I was getting 3 shotted basically by the little guys, super stressful. Had to uncover the entire level before I found the waypoint. Feeling squishy by the end of act 5.

Hell...I was not expecting it to feel so rough! I had enough close calls yesterday going through hell that I decided to just do nightmare MF runs and relax. The amount of lightning immunes ugh. I was going through nightmare and the boss's on p5 without any trouble and quickly. I was farming all over, countess, meph, diablo, lots of
Baal
runs. Just looking for upgrades and was finding tons of good stuff. Third wave of my like 10th
Baal
run, merc was usually dying right before I killed the lightning
Enchant
Council Member
then I would finish him off no prob. Well, this time I got 2 shotted into the dirt before I could blink.

At least I died with all of my MF gear on ;). Didnt use plugy for the other javazons so I have a lot of gear 5th time around. Before my MF runs I was rocking Lore, Peace, Rhyme, +2 Jav Javs, +3 Passive Ammy, two resist rings, walk/resist
Boots
and resist gloves. Although I have replacements for I think all non runewords from my MF runs and also the Lore! So I just need to level up now (:. Oh nooo just remembered I got a sweet +1 skill mf
Helm
. Hahah good times.

Til next Death.
Every Death is the start of a new beginning. You take all the experience from last deaths into your next. This makes HC so much more fun than SC in my opinion.

Keep on going and eventually you will clear Hell.

Stay safe!
I absolutely agree with @Ethegro and it keeps the game fresh in that you can try something new and more challenging once you've accomplished a great deal.
OP
So far I think my favorite part about hardcore is it gives me a break. Seriously, when I die I go enjoy something else for a little bit, recollect and come back.
I like to switch it off with other classes a bit. Nothing more frustrated then losing good gear and working on the same class right after.
Best piece of advice I ever got when playing HC was to never play when tired, doing something else at the same time or play when frustrated about something else.
If you're having trouble as a pure Java in Hell I suggest using
Plague Javelin
. It looks weak but it is actually insanely strong and will help you get past the lightning immune monsters.

Something else I used to do was spend an insane amount of time upgrading runes too. I used to always transition from Rhyme to a Sanctuary at some point during Hell, just because of the insane defenses it gives. Although farming through until you can upgrade to a
Mal
rune can take quite awhile.

That being said, I think it's awesome that you're so committed to it. A lot of people will change classes or outright quit HC when they feel the odds stacked against them.

Keep on kicking ass man, you got this :)

Edit; also, when encountering the undead flayers, let your Merc do the work. He might die a lot, but you can just spam heal him and be ready to TP/save exit. Your Merc won't take damage from the explosions.
OP
Junglegoose wrote: 2 years ago
Plague Javelin
. It looks weak but it is actually insanely strong and will help you get past the lightning immune monsters.

Something else I used to do was spend an insane amount of time upgrading runes too. I used to always transition from Rhyme to a Sanctuary at some point during Hell, just because of the insane defenses it gives. Although farming through until you can upgrade to a
Mal

That being said, I think it's awesome that you're so committed to it. A lot of people will change classes or outright quit HC when they feel the odds stacked against them.

Edit; also, when encountering the undead flayers, let your Merc do the work. He might die a lot, but you can just spam heal him and be ready to TP/save exit. Your Merc won't take damage from the explosions.

Plague Javelin

I didnt think of trying out poison, even one point would be something as I hadnt used any of my den quest resets errrrr not that it matters since Im on plugy hahah Im a noob. It was more a huge annoyance as my merc and valk were kicking ass.

Mal

Ive deff saved and upgraded every rune and gem, keeping one of each. Thats what I was kind of working twords was a better shield and a new weapon. Upgraded a lot looking for those two in nightmare.

Thanks, I'm just going to master the java, make future alts, and if I find an item that I might want to use for that one then it can sit in their stash.

also, when encountering the undead flayers, let your Merc do the work. He might die a lot, but you can just spam heal him and be ready to TP/save exit. Your Merc won't take damage from the explosions.

One thing Ive ben doing where them little guys or something else thats crazy spawns is dropping my
Decoy
in certain spots in front of me as I change rooms.
You're already on the right track my friend. Amazons suffer bigtime from the lack of health pool and firepower until they are kitted out. Not that
Lightning Fury
or
Charged Strike
are weak, but moreso that you will be sitting there with 600 health and moderate resists and that alone can get you one-shot by all sorts of mobs. Lots of movement and utilizing
Decoy
Valkyrie
, and your mercenary are
Key
until your block is higher and your skills accommodate mixing in physical and poison.

I have played several hundreds of Amazons in HC over the years and you are on the money so far. You'll get better and recognize your weak points way sooner than you realize.

Love the storybook updates man. I check here everyday for those :)

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I like reading what other people experience in hell difficulties and in hardcore. I usually get to hell mode and wonder 'holy shit I'm getting my ass kicked, what am I doing wrong?' It's just that difficult of a mode, lol.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Gonna add one more little quirk I forgot about. If you get lucky and find a weapon with
Enchant
charges, you can actually
Enchant
yourself, your merc, but more importantly, your
Valkyrie
as well. Not a lot of people know about that. It can be a huge help for those immune monsters. Forgive me for forgetting that the other day lol.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...