diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
51 replies   6235 views

Description

Description by DiabloPlayerKiller

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
fallens4e wrote: 1 year ago
I don't understand why using paladin 14 and not 85+lvl sorc to instakill the whole crew.
The reason people stay in the game and go about their business even after I hostile is me being low level and perceived as a very minor threat by many. You need the surprise effect of a char that looks weak but actually is trong to pull this off. With a lvl 85 Sorc that would be impossible.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Udyret wrote: 1 year ago
this all makes me wonder how playing hardcore would be like if the game was always set to hostile on hardcore. with no option for private games online. possibly with a max and minimum level requirement for each act to setup for more equal level pk fights. and you kinda had to risk fights anytime you played online with others. would you be more for those kinda fights?
So..no parties, constant free-for-all?

Honestly..increase the player limit past 8, make more areas useful for high lvling and remove the party screen entirely (so you don't even know how many players may be with you) and it might just get me to start playing hardcore.

Completely different game, obviously but it could be fun.
This sounds awesome, I would be up to play this for sure. Great suggestions from both of you. :)

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
DiabloPlayerKiller wrote: 1 year ago

Second, and this is much more important (unless things changed significantly in D2:R, can't say I tested it again since): They don't see you coming.
Charge
tends to desync you so hard that you are flat out invisible to other players for quite some time meaning you have all the time in the world to stop mis-clicking and accidentally hitting your target even as a mediocre to terrible PKer before they have any chance to react because on their screen (and map) you simply don't exist yet.
Charge
desynch in D2 took quite many constant charges to make it so, and is/was used only for duelling.

For low lvl you simply do not have the mana to pull this off.

And
Charge
desynch really only worked when duelling in Blood Moore, because it requires a large empty space. If you watch my videos I am often in tight areas and never charging to try to de-synch, It will simply not work when PK'ing at low levels, it is only for higher lvl duelling in
Blood Moor
Actually, it only eats up your mana if you "re-
Charge
". I.e. if you get stuck on something to re-trigger (if you stay stuck, it just annihilates your mana pool no matter your gear) or you stop holding it down. But if you know how to path it, it works even better in tighter areas. Not only because solid pathing saves you from having mana issues (question of practice) but also because if you manage to get yourself stuck for just a split second (so as not to lose all your mana) and then cut the corner and keep going, you can instantly force a desync to the point where you can not only kill your target without them seeing you but it even teleports you back afterwards to save you from whomever was next to them. Countess' tower is a perfect example of that..if you just randomly
Charge
through that to get down to her, you tend to accidentally get stuck probably more than once to the point where the game teleports you back. Mainly due to all the bloody graves and barrels in the middle of the path. Same thing works intentionally (while still counting your hit before teleporting you back) and makes PKing as a charger beyond cheesy once you have the practice to pull that off reliably. Though admittedly, that one really does take a good bit of skill as it comes down to not only pathing practice but also perfect timing.

Again, haven't tested if that still holds true entirely in D2:R but it definitely did in the original and the general desync/
Teleport
still exists (that much I've tested without ever wanting to...boo for early days without Enigma ^^).
TPPK!
I remember in old diablo, people tends to make shit tons of traps :D

Also, despite ChargeLag, there were other desync trick for pvp, like switch desync etc.
OP
Actually, it only eats up your mana if you "re-
Charge
". I.e. if you get stuck on something to re-trigger (if you stay stuck, it just annihilates your mana pool no matter your gear) or you stop holding it down. But if you know how to path it, it works even better in tighter areas. Not only because solid pathing saves you from having mana issues (question of practice) but also because if you manage to get yourself stuck for just a split second (so as not to lose all your mana) and then cut the corner and keep going, you can instantly force a desync to the point where you can not only kill your target without them seeing you but it even teleports you back afterwards to save you from whomever was next to them. Countess' tower is a perfect example of that..if you just randomly
Charge
through that to get down to her, you tend to accidentally get stuck probably more than once to the point where the game teleports you back. Mainly due to all the bloody graves and barrels in the middle of the path. Same thing works intentionally (while still counting your hit before teleporting you back) and makes PKing as a charger beyond cheesy once you have the practice to pull that off reliably. Though admittedly, that one really does take a good bit of skill as it comes down to not only pathing practice but also perfect timing.

Again, haven't tested if that still holds true entirely in D2:R but it definitely did in the original and the general desync/
Teleport
still exists (that much I've tested without ever wanting to...boo for early days without Enigma ^^).
Oh did not know that, thanks for sharing!

Could very well be though that D2R works in a different fashion. Sounds difficult to pull off either way. :)
OP
WMAlleg wrote: 1 year ago
TPPK!
I remember in old diablo, people tends to make shit tons of traps :D

Also, despite ChargeLag, there were other desync trick for pvp, like switch desync etc.
Yeah, thankfully that is gone. No more meteors aimed at you in cows and then BAM, tppk'ed.
OP
Episode 2 is up now, shows my stats early on,
OP
Episode 3 is up, theme would be double kills!
DiabloPlayerKiller wrote: 1 year ago
Episode 3 is up, theme would be double kills!
Beautiful! I need to start recording Mein K..ills as well.

GLORY, GLORY, GLORIA,
GET READY FOR THE WAR!
OP
Krueger-HC wrote: 1 year ago
Beautiful! I need to start recording Mein K..ills as well.
Thank you, I would love to see that! :)

Win+Alt+G is default
Key
press to capture last 30 secs or 1 min of your action depending on what you have set up for your Xbox Game bar. That will save a clip of your last 30 or 60 secs to your disk, so whenever something interesting happened, just hit that keypress and it will get saved to you computer.

Xbox game bar is a part of Windows OS and you can configure some things like length and quality of clip and if it should capture mouse cursor or not (I prefer not).
OP
Episode 4 is up, with complete stats and gear, enjoy! :)
OP
Episode 5 is up, the last one for this run, you know what that means! ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...