Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   3137 views

Description

My first CtA roll in D2R...cracked the 300% (total) threshold on first try! 2 away from perf damage. Thank goodness I started with 15ed base.

Realistically might roll one more eventually to get higher BO and quality of life of higher BC. But this damage is just nice :)
Description by moonlit

Can be used to make Runewords:

My first CtA roll in D2R...cracked the 300% (total) threshold on first try! 2 away from perf damage. Thank goodness I started with 15ed base.

Realistically might roll one more eventually to get higher BO and quality of life of higher BC. But this damage is just nice :)
Pardon my ignorance, but why CTA in a bow? Wouldn't you want to use a shield that will give you + skills for better BOs?
OP
I actually use this bow for
Freezing Arrow
. Have Titan's on switch for lightning damage. I just need any fast bow with +skills and damage, so the BO from CTA is just extra gravy on top. Plus CTA is way cheaper than Ice (and Ice has terrible phys damage --> bad mana leeching).

+2 from Spirit does not make a huge difference anyway. With my other +skills, final BO comes out to level 8. Level 10 vs Level 8 is 1.62x life vs 1.56x life. That ratio means Spirit would only give +3.8% TOTAL life. Can easily make up for this with 2 small charms of vita.
CTA on a bow isn't a bad idea, because you can also use it as a weapon for bowazon/bow hybrids. For characters that rely on switching weapons (usually physical dmg builds), I think it makes more sense, at the cost of not building a CtA that can transfer over to other builds that are devoted to a single weapon (casters). Typically, casters would wield a HoTO + shield and then they don't need a swap weapon to use as an actual weapon so then they are more advantaged to go with the full buff stick CtA with Spirit shield.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...