Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2718 views

Description

Just wanna say that the D2 community seems to be even cooler n more generous with D2R. I never understood half this game back when i was like 14, but now Im freaking loving this game and the community. I feel inclined to do norm/nm/hell runs for people for whatever reason this time around. I got to do my first uber n get torches etc with D2R and back then I think someone just dropped me a torch during a cow run back in the day. idk i feel like a kid again with excitement
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just wanna say that the D2 community seems to be even cooler n more generous with D2R. I never understood half this game back when i was like 14, but now Im freaking loving this game and the community. I feel inclined to do norm/nm/hell runs for people for whatever reason this time around. I got to do my first uber n get torches etc with D2R and back then I think someone just dropped me a torch during a cow run back in the day. idk i feel like a kid again with excitement
Back in the day I never made it to end game, or participated in online. I remember my first character, a Barbarian, couldn't get through Act 3 NM because my yellow
Falchion
kept running out of durability on flayers until bedtime XD

Now that I've got a decently specced out character doing endgame runs, I feel like a goddess!

I've also met a bunch of cool people while item trading and bartering, which feels great. I love the wheelin' and dealin' aspect, which is just as well since I'm probably hours and hours away from my Enigma goal...

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
TsMhicks wrote: 2 years ago
idk i feel like a kid again with excitement
Me toooo! D2R launching literally felt like christmas as a kid again.
SkeletonFriend wrote: 2 years ago
Back in the day I never made it to end game, or participated in online
This. I barley scratched the surface of D2 info back in the day. I realized this as i was starting to google things again waiting for launch. I started discovering dozens and dozens of tips and tricks i never knew and i started to form a big list so i would be ready for launch day. That giant list then turned into my New Players Guide and The Other Guides ive made and now im a moderator of a D2 site lol.

The amount of resources we have now is absolutely nuts and playing D2 again with them almost feels like a completely different game. :D

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
I’m astounded by the amount I didn’t know about D2 when it first came out. I thought I knew what was up, and i was definitely in for a big surprise. Like I didn’t even know you could cube anything else besides gems. Let alone Ubers, rune words, clonewalks, and quite a few other things. Back when I played D2 legacy as kid you couldn’t just google “
Smite
paladin build” and have all the info right to make the best possible
Smite
pally with all the right attr, skills, gear, and charms. D2R has been alotta fun.

Deleted User 54930 0

I thought I knew a lot before... but I didn't. Even though I was 18-ish at the time. It is much more fun this time and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Also have to give it up to this site's admins... this changes the game entirely, imo. Cheers.
I can't say I didn't understand the game, I have loved it for years and am a typical nerdling-obsessive theorycrafter.

That said, D2r has breathed new life into a game I have loved almost more than any other. I have spent half my play time marveling at the sheer terrible beauty of the remade graphics (both overwhelmed with beauty and nauseous horror in equal measure in the Durance of Hate, for example), basking in the remastered sound of the ocean while standing at the
Lut Gholein
docks (remember the old ocean? Flat, no waves, no sound, almost a placeholder for the concept of water).

And places like this make it that much better. diablo2.io is fast becoming the first tab I open after starting the game.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
There’s a little thing with the remastered graphics that I’ve come to find out that I was completely mistaken about. I always thought was like a gnarled of bloody leg stump. I never knew it was supposed to be a wooden leg. I remember the first cow run I did in D2r and seeing the leg and being blown away!
I hear that, Banjo. Like when
Lysander
says "the sweetest desert flower, that's
Atma
". I always just took his word for it, but now ... she's stunning and I can actually see that.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
To me as well.

I played this game at the age of 25 upon release.

but, I never got far with it, hell mobs would massacre me from start, and info from the web was scarce, or I was less interested.

Now, I see the immense depth of it, and its like a challenge I've never conquered.
I never got this far as I have in this resurrected run. level 80.
my best was 60 something back then. and even though i tried to come back to it(before res.) I couldn't keep up because of the gfx.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP
I find myself going "how the hell did i think D2 looked amazing" now with the new graphics. I literally thought in my kid brain that original D2 graphics looked like what D2R made it look lol.

I still hope to get a nigma or
Annihilus
but Im just enjoying the ride [grind] and actually building more than 2 characters this time around. Want to actually play other classes this time around. I will say, I still have no idea how to find groups / ways to get an
Annihilus
b.c of how Blizzard has changed the ability to do trackers

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...