Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   5170 views

Can people just mf for longer than 4 min in pub games?

No data yet

Description

I just started playing D2 again for the first time in 20 years. It was all the hype when it was released my Freshman year in highschool. I would play for hours and hours at a time with no idea wtf I was doing. But it didn't matter because there was a CHANCE that I might get a sick item to drop at any time while slaying out every monster I encountered. After Wow held me hostage for the past 15 years, I'm back. And it's the best. Except for when I go into a pub magic find game on my 95 sorc, who I just finished gearing out( 33k lightning dmg, griffons, double soj, enimga, Infinity, 350+ mf, 2400hp buffed) annnnnnnnnd every damn 3 min the game creator is typing out the # of the next game and leaving. JUST LET ME MAGIC FIND HELLA PLACES for at least 15 min....wtf. Anyway I guess people have spots in their minds where they are SURE that items have a better drop chance. But in the past 60 days of me coming back to D2 I have found my high runes and soj's(5 found so far) literally EVERWHERE....I've got more high runes(
Lo
+) and griffons(found 3) in places that AREN'T the pits....or Chaos...or Worldstone....I guess people are just trying to minmax/be the most efficient they can, but it would be sick to find some people to play with who consistently do at least 15 min+ magic find games. If any chill people are out there who play a ton, I'd love to join your games via friends list just for the +player count. I'll stay away from where you want to Magic find and do my own thing.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I just started playing D2 again for the first time in 20 years. It was all the hype when it was released my Freshman year in highschool. I would play for hours and hours at a time with no idea wtf I was doing. But it didn't matter because there was a CHANCE that I might get a sick item to drop at any time while slaying out every monster I encountered. After Wow held me hostage for the past 15 years, I'm back. And it's the best. Except for when I go into a pub magic find game on my 95 sorc, who I just finished gearing out( 33k lightning dmg, griffons, double soj, enimga, Infinity, 350+ mf, 2400hp buffed) annnnnnnnnd every damn 3 min the game creator is typing out the # of the next game and leaving. JUST LET ME MAGIC FIND HELLA PLACES for at least 15 min....wtf. Anyway I guess people have spots in their minds where they are SURE that items have a better drop chance. But in the past 60 days of me coming back to D2 I have found my high runes and soj's(5 found so far) literally EVERWHERE....I've got more high runes(
Lo
+) and griffons(found 3) in places that AREN'T the pits....or Chaos...or Worldstone....I guess people are just trying to minmax/be the most efficient they can, but it would be sick to find some people to play with who consistently do at least 15 min+ magic find games. If any chill people are out there who play a ton, I'd love to join your games via friends list just for the +player count. I'll stay away from where you want to Magic find and do my own thing.
Some areas can't drop certain items, so a good reason for many to grind specific spots so items X and Y can drop.

But hey, if that ruins your fun and you don't mind that sometimes not everything can drop then you should just do it your way :).

This site could help in case you want to make sure the area you like to farm can drop things that your are after;

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculato ... ,unique336

Also, more area 85 areas coming with 2.4 :).

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Struikrover wrote: 2 years ago
This site could help in case you want to make sure the area you like to farm can drop things that your are after;
Just a word of caution here to the OP - drop calculators like this one which are copied off of the original Silopsen calc - they just show the theoretical 'best chances' of an item dropping.

That doesn't mean that you should go to JUST
Thresh Socket
or
Pindleskin
and farm them tens of thousands of times until a
Griffon's Eye
drops for example...

You might get bored and burned out in the end doing that. What I'd suggest is use tools like this to work out where items CAN drop, and then add those areas to your playtime and you'll find a bunch of other stuff along the way too.

One of the great things about D2 is its complete randomness and unpredictability. Embrace that and you'll have more fun - especially if you're already finding it annoying how other players are trying to minmax their runs as described in your OP.

OP
I am pretty well read up on the above, but thanks a ton for posting the info. I just like full clearing every game heh.
I added you, feel free to join whenever you want, I also like playing with no rush, just for fun
I have been looking for you without even knowing it.

I am a casual player at best but feel free to add me - I would love a MF buddy!
One more here, too :)
Here too, feel free to add.

Add me if i win
People are kinda noob.

They don't understand that you can kill things just about anywhere and that you probably won't get a Griffon's to drop anyway.

As far as getting HRs, you're better off clearing any zones with density mob density (and there are a good number of these).
Discord has some MF groups too, joining pubs that are doing
Baal
or Chaos runs will time you out quickly as the name of the game is EXP as fast as possible to level (I assume you did this to get to 95), so that won't work well. Looks like a few people here want to party with ya, so problem seems solved!
Yo, mate! Kinda have the same feelings, add me if your region match. I usually do Cows (just for that freakin' Bers), but always looking forward to rape
Baal
and his hordes (just for fun)

Add on Bnet for faster checkout -- SleepyShaman#23358
You can always consider multiboxing. :)

I casually just farm most of the levels at P3 when I'm not rushing characters. Wondering if I should add more characters to get P8.
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
You can always consider multiboxing. :)

I casually just farm most of the levels at P3 when I'm not rushing characters. Wondering if I should add more characters to get P8.
MFing/ group bonus maxes out at 7.
OP
FanciestCrab wrote: 2 years ago
Discord has some MF groups too, joining pubs that are doing
Baal
or Chaos runs will time you out quickly as the name of the game is EXP as fast as possible to level (I assume you did this to get to 95), so that won't work well. Looks like a few people here want to party with ya, so problem seems solved!
I'll have to check out discord as well. I actually didn't play any pub games until I hit 95 lol so the
Baal
runs seem like they might be smart for xp.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...