Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4230 replies   654017 views

Bunch of planned Korean Dclone walks happening this week, details within!

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Dano86668 wrote: 1 year ago
Ok so WTF !! I raced home on break to claim my anni (made a private game of course) some mfkn asian joined my game and took it !!! How the fuck did he know my game name and password ??!! Cant beleive it .. be warned people make difficult passwords....
Have you cleaned up your friends list lately? Friend join from some random trade can end up like that
Ok so WTF !! I raced home on break to claim my anni (made a private game of course) some mfkn asian joined my game and took it !!! How the fuck did he know my game name and password ??!! Cant beleive it .. be warned people make difficult passwords....
Was he on you friend list from a previous trade?

ShadowHeart 1761Moderator

Europe PC
Yeah, everyone need to beware that there are definitely anni snipers out there, they will try to guess the password, and if it's a really short/easy one, they may even succeed.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
The friends list part is already noted above (just set yourself to appear offline and noone's joining you - or disable friend joining when making the game).

But yeah, your game/pass should be something more complicated than anni1 // 1
or just make max players 1, that's a thing right?

Europe PC
Yes, that's a thing. It's a bit troublesome if you end up needing help, but you can leave the game (after the "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" message) and the helper must join the game before you create/join another game. That may only work with joining through game name/pw though.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
Just to confirm 100% not a friend ..his name wasnt even legible ...asian symbols n sh*t . Was dan12 pw 12 would have taken alot of trial and errors... i didnt think my private game name would even appear for joining ??!! Anyway i guess ..player max great idea although i bet ill forget to change it when i want mate to join lol.

Europe PC
Yeah, you had the same sequence of digits in the game name and pw both, so it may not take as many tries as you think. You don't need a super long password, just something that's hard to guess and doesn't share any details with the game name.

EDIT: I typically use a 4-letter sequence (it is not a word in itself) followed by a digit as the game name, and the password is not complex but it's in no way related to the game name, just a random sequence of letters that I chose for reasons I won't disclose :P

Dano you are not alone, I've had it happen also. Asian sniper popped in my game while I was actively killing DClone and he snagged the Anni upon kill right in front of me. I opened a ticket to Blizzard with screen shots, they didn't do anything just sent me some canned response. I guess there is some way to view private game names, so like everyone said make your password harder to guess and not part of the game name.

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Just to confirm 100% not a friend ..his name wasnt even legible ...asian symbols n sh*t . Was dan12 pw 12 would have taken alot of trial and errors... i didnt think my private game name would even appear for joining ??!! Anyway i guess ..player max great idea although i bet ill forget to change it when i want mate to join lol.
It doesn't appear for joining but that name is really not in any way uncommon. A surprising amount of people are called dan. Or at least call their games dan. And dan + number with a password being that same number is about as common as it gets, even more so if that number is just a 1 and a 2.
Hell, if you went with dan12 // 73, I dare say noone would've joined you. But better yet..use something actually uncommon instead of dan##

Common word/name plus simple number with pw being that same number is basically the D2 equivalent of using 1234 as the lock combination on your suitcase.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
zippyzon wrote: 1 year ago
Dano you are not alone, I've had it happen also. Asian sniper popped in my game while I was actively killing DClone and he snagged the Anni upon kill right in front of me. I opened a ticket to Blizzard with screen shots, they didn't do anything just sent me some canned response. I guess there is some way to view private game names, so like everyone said make your password harder to guess and not part of the game name.
Zippyzon you had that in a private game, not a public one ?
That is more surprising- and frightening, as I used them for long. I guess you can simply increase / decrease from your own game number if the generation is sequential ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
zippyzon wrote: 1 year ago
Zippyzon you had that in a private game, not a public one ?
That is more surprising- and frightening, as I used them for long. I guess you can simply increase / decrease from your own game number if the generation is sequential ?
It was a game I created with a game name and password, so doesn't that make it a private game? It was similar to Dan.. game name: zip1 password: one (Now I make my passwords complex).

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
To get DClones, private games or well passworded public ones are safer.
Thanks for the answer !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
im just thinking if i dont create a game use the generated one ..those game names are 111734523812457 for example...doubt they could guess them ..although wont be getting any help that way haha

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
im just thinking if i dont create a game use the generated one ..those game names are 111734523812457 for example...doubt they could guess them ..although wont be getting any help that way haha
You can still get help the same as any other games. Friends list joining, game invite, sending someone the game name/pass (which you can get from the party screen, they're identical), .. assuming of course you have player max > 1 and list joining enabled and such but that's true for any game, regardless of whether you created it via play or through the lobby.
SC Ladder Walk :bluealert:

Host: 로씨의 디아블로TV (Rossi's Diablo TV)
Region: TBD on Stream
Time: Friday, November 11, 2022 6:00 AM, in 8 hours

Thanks so much for hosting 로씨의 디아블로TV, you can check out the stream closer to the walk time in
twitch-plugs!

—————————————————————

:bluealert: SC Ladder Walk :bluealert:

Host: BJ레이甲 (BJ Ray)
Time: Saturday, November 12, 2022 6:00 AM, in a day

Thanks so much for hosting BJ레이甲, you can check out the stream closer to the walk time in
twitch-plugs !

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR
NightsAnonymous wrote: 1 year ago

Thanks so much for hosting 로씨의 디아블로TV, you can check out the stream closer to the walk time in
twitch-plugs!

—————————————————————

Thanks so much for hosting BJ레이甲, you can check out the stream closer to the walk time in
twitch-plugs !
Which time are these, CST?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
NightsAnonymous wrote: 1 year ago

twitch-plugs!

—————————————————————

twitch-plugs !
Which time are these, CST?
Check page 79, shadowheart’s schedule post. I’m pretty sure it’s last 2.

Europe PC
Yes, it's the last two in my schedule post here: post3076493.html#p3076493

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to join games from other regions on Playstation? Since the region is determined by the account that I'm logged into PSN and can't be chosen in-game like on PC, I was wondering if someone on friends list from American or Asian servers can invite me to their game and they create another for their DClone? I'm on EU btw, so could cover that server invites if it's possible ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...